Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 116
  1. #31
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Trump was embarrassed in the debates by Hillary "Candidate Americans Most Want To Have An 8oz Glass Of Tap Water With" Clinton.

    He's not eating anyone alive. Hell I could get up there and make fool out of him, probably.
    You're(well, hopefully) not O'Rourke.

    The guy is having to apologize every ten minutes, and stumbling on questions from what appear to be college age folks.

    That's without anyone really going after him in a situation where he is essentially just having to give a sales pitch.

  2. #32

    Default

    Speaking of Policy.
    The NRA just decided to go to war on Women, and the Violence against Women Act.

    Even though Corey Booker is not my preferred candidate. I do like that he at leas SAYS he will fight back against the NRA's Influence. It helps that he takes no money from them.

    Daily Bulletin: The NRA Tells Congress to Vote No on the Violence Against Women Act

    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    With recent accusations, will Biden be doing okay in the race for presidency?

  4. #34
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    With recent accusations, will Biden be doing okay in the race for presidency?
    He should be given that the current President bragged up sexually grabbing women. So yeah...he should be.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  5. #35
    mutant and proud ermac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    115

    Default

    From abroad, I am really impressed by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's momentum. She is articulate, intelligent and photogenic. And the Fox News-bashing actually is good for making her known even globally. She's worth keeping an eye for 2024 or 2028.

    Biden and Warren seem like easy targets for Trump's nonsense and the Republican grinding machine on the Campaign. I think it would be best if they step out of the race.

    So I guess Kamala Harris (California - 55 delegates, right?), maybe with Buttigieg or Beto on the ticket could be the strongest candidate. Unless Sanders can repeat 2016's grassroot excitement and not be boycotted by the Democratic Party.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    From abroad, I am really impressed by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's momentum. She is articulate, intelligent and photogenic. And the Fox News-bashing actually is good for making her known even globally. She's worth keeping an eye for 2024 or 2028.

    Biden and Warren seem like easy targets for Trump's nonsense and the Republican grinding machine on the Campaign. I think it would be best if they step out of the race.

    So I guess Kamala Harris (California - 55 delegates, right?), maybe with Buttigieg or Beto on the ticket could be the strongest candidate. Unless Sanders can repeat 2016's grassroot excitement and not be boycotted by the Democratic Party.
    AOC is HARDCORE on Policy, she also has a great way of getting her messaage out. I wish more Democrats had a way to run on actual Policy like she and others do.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ual-harassment

    Former Vice President Joe Biden invaded women’s physical space in a way that used to be uncomfortable and is now intolerable. He abandoned Anita Hill to the political wolves when she needed a friend on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and his signature criminal-justice law, once a political winner, now looks draconian to many Democrats.

    Senator Kamala Harris, during her long career as a California prosecutor, was a cog in the prison-industrial complex.

    Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, daughter of a lobbyist and former intern for New York Republican Senator Alfonse D’Amato, not long ago professed the kind of anti-regulation views on gun policy that most Democrats consider pure gun nuttery.

    As a member of Congress, former Representative Beto O’Rourke voted more conservatively than the mean Democratic House member. His rhetorical gifts mask a suspiciously vague — some say empty — policy portfolio.

    Senator Bernie Sanders is 77 years old and makes a lot of Democrats uncomfortable for a lot of reasons, not least because he himself still isn’t one.

    Senator Elizabeth Warren has that Cherokee thing that started out messy and got worse when she tried to fix it.

    Senator Amy Klobuchar is mean to her staff, Senator Cory Booker is too schmoozy and corporate-y to be trusted, and Pete Buttigieg is only 37 years old, the mayor of a city (South Bend, Indiana) that sounds like a town, and he’s gay in case anyone still cares about that outside the fortified precincts of Christian conservatism. Oh, and former San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro is, as one well-connected and very smart Democrat pointed out to me with dead seriousness, kinda short.

    This is not a comprehensive list of people running for the Democratic nomination for president. But it’s a pretty good sampling of the range of disqualifications for the nomination. And those negative factors can serve as a banner under which people with lots of other qualms or agendas can rally.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Trump was embarrassed in the debates by Hillary "Candidate Americans Most Want To Have An 8oz Glass Of Tap Water With" Clinton.

    He's not eating anyone alive. Hell I could get up there and make fool out of him, probably.
    This is a matter of perspective and the polls outside of the debates kind of showed it. People who were already on Hillary's side thought she on the debates, people who were on Trump's side thought he won, and then people in the middle just were watching two sideshows do their usual routine in apathy.

    Trump if nothing else is a great salesman and he knows how to pitch and he knows how to rile up emotions and that is what generally matters in a debate. Hillary is great on policy and can stick to talking points, she has no clue how to get people emotionally invested. So you just had one person with nothing to say but saying it with flare and one person with a lot to say but boring people to death. And generally it ended up evening out.

    Beto struggled in debates with Ted Cruz and let him walk all over him. He could barely get a word in. Trump ate Ted Cruz alive.

    Warren is the best debater of the current crop of candidates. Harris is a prosecutor so she can also do well in that. Sanders also might do well because he is able to get a connection going with the audience.

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand and Amy Klobuchar are all lawyers. The last two democratic presidents of the USA were also lawyers and they did a lot of harm to the country and to the world.

    It is better for the Democrats to nominate an outsider instead of a Washington insider. An outsider like a state governor who never went to Washington D.C.

  10. #40
    Fantastic Member 4saken1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    AOC is HARDCORE on Policy, she also has a great way of getting her messaage out. I wish more Democrats had a way to run on actual Policy like she and others do.
    Not sure if she would accept at this point in her career, but I think AOC would be an excellent choice for VP, particularly if one of the candidates who is seen as moderate ends up winning the Primary. She would likely draw in a huge number of voters from several different demographics.

    As brilliant as she is, she would probably be my #1 pick if she chose to run for President herself, despite her lack of experience! She would ACTUALLY make an effort to drain the swamp, not just con people into believing it like the current President.
    Pull List: Animosity,Babyteeth,Birthright,Black Hammer,Black Science,Damned,Deadly Class,Descender,East of West,Eternal Empire,Hellboy,Hillbilly,I Hate Fairyland,Injustice,Kill or be Killed,Lazarus,Manifest Destiny,Outcast,Paper Girls,Rat Queens,Saga,Seven to Eternity,Sex Criminals,Southern Bastards,Star Wars,Stray Bullets,Uber,Usagi Yojimbo,all Valiant,Walking Dead,Wayward,Wicked & Divine.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand and Amy Klobuchar are all lawyers. The last two democratic presidents of the USA were also lawyers and they did a lot of harm to the country and to the world.

    It is better for the Democrats to nominate an outsider instead of a Washington insider. An outsider like a state governor who never went to Washington D.C.
    Klobuchar and Gillibrand have no shot. Harris does but I think she lost a lot of her shine from a year ago. Part of that is an influx of newbies like O’Rourke and Butegieg taking the new interesting person role and part is that is now she’s not being insulated from the heavy hitters like Biden, Warren and Sanders

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Not sure if she would accept at this point in her career, but I think AOC would be an excellent choice for VP, particularly if one of the candidates who is seen as moderate ends up winning the Primary. She would likely draw in a huge number of voters from several different demographics.

    As brilliant as she is, she would probably be my #1 pick if she chose to run for President herself, despite her lack of experience! She would ACTUALLY make an effort to drain the swamp, not just con people into believing it like the current President.
    For me the Biggest thing AOC is to the people is a symbol of what could be and the fight, those on the left has. It takes a LOT to move the Centrists out there, and the more we push them using policy, like she does. Asks Questions the way she, Presley, Jyapal, and Omar do, is the way forward for us.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  13. #43
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    6,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ual-harassment

    Former Vice President Joe Biden invaded women’s physical space in a way that used to be uncomfortable and is now intolerable. He abandoned Anita Hill to the political wolves when she needed a friend on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and his signature criminal-justice law, once a political winner, now looks draconian to many Democrats.

    Senator Kamala Harris, during her long career as a California prosecutor, was a cog in the prison-industrial complex.

    Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, daughter of a lobbyist and former intern for New York Republican Senator Alfonse D’Amato, not long ago professed the kind of anti-regulation views on gun policy that most Democrats consider pure gun nuttery.

    As a member of Congress, former Representative Beto O’Rourke voted more conservatively than the mean Democratic House member. His rhetorical gifts mask a suspiciously vague — some say empty — policy portfolio.

    Senator Bernie Sanders is 77 years old and makes a lot of Democrats uncomfortable for a lot of reasons, not least because he himself still isn’t one.

    Senator Elizabeth Warren has that Cherokee thing that started out messy and got worse when she tried to fix it.

    Senator Amy Klobuchar is mean to her staff, Senator Cory Booker is too schmoozy and corporate-y to be trusted, and Pete Buttigieg is only 37 years old, the mayor of a city (South Bend, Indiana) that sounds like a town, and he’s gay in case anyone still cares about that outside the fortified precincts of Christian conservatism. Oh, and former San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro is, as one well-connected and very smart Democrat pointed out to me with dead seriousness, kinda short.

    This is not a comprehensive list of people running for the Democratic nomination for president. But it’s a pretty good sampling of the range of disqualifications for the nomination. And those negative factors can serve as a banner under which people with lots of other qualms or agendas can rally.
    So go vote for Howard Schultz then, and doom us all.

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Klobuchar and Gillibrand have no shot. Harris does but I think she lost a lot of her shine from a year ago. Part of that is an influx of newbies like O’Rourke and Butegieg taking the new interesting person role and part is that is now she’s not being insulated from the heavy hitters like Biden, Warren and Sanders
    Beto O'Rourke is 46 years old. Julian Castro is 44 years old. Pete Buttigieg is only 37 years old.

    JFK was 43 years old when he was elected president. Teddy Roosevelt was 42 years old when he succeeded McKinley. But both were from wealthy families with political connections. There is no way a newbie can make a successful campaign without finding some wealthy and powerful allies.

    Unfortunately for the newbies, Gilibrand, Biden, Warren and Sanders are rich and have political connections.

  15. #45
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    For me the Biggest thing AOC is to the people is a symbol of what could be and the fight, those on the left has. It takes a LOT to move the Centrists out there, and the more we push them using policy, like she does. Asks Questions the way she, Presley, Jyapal, and Omar do, is the way forward for us.
    Exactly. This is why the right wing media is so afraid of her. The Schumers and the Harrises aren't that much of a threat to the status quo. But the "new progressives" have a message that connecting with normal Americans and they will actually try to affect policy change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •