Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

We NEED Policy details. That's what's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We already know the answer to that in the way Kamala is being treated versus PB by the mainstream press.
    I can already think of at least one example where the media has just skipped right over some of the more questionable aspects of Harris career up until now. Well more than one, but that's sort of beside the point.

That said, I'm not seeing what you have described.

If there is actual prejudice against Harris, it is the most cream puff prejudice in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    One goes hard after Republicans while one is being hokey and going on Fox News pretending to unite the country. Also the people who aren’t fans of Kamala’s policies don’t know enough about Mayor Pete yet. So one just hasn’t really made enemies
    Yes. I'm sure that misogyny has nothing to do with it. It's not like they aren't asking female candidates if they're 'likable enough' again or suggesting their ability to connect with voters are 'problematic' or that they're 'too wonkish'...

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Which kind prejudice do you guys think would be stronger on a campaign: towards a gay male candidate or towards a woman of color candidate?
    As for this question, I would honestly guess that those things will take a distinct back seat to other things when it comes to this crop of Democrats.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    The fact that none of these candidates passes a purity test is viewed as a disqualifying factor is what is wrong with so many liberals. Compared to Trump, every single one of them is Mother Teresa, yet his followers won't have any problems voting for him!
    I'd almost argue that the problem with the democrats isn't that we can't find someone "pure," it's that establishment dems want to run someone "electable" and thus offer candidates who are ready to capitulate before they're even in office.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

"Vote for me because I'm nice!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yes. I'm sure that misogyny has nothing to do with it. It's not like they aren't asking female candidates if they're 'likable enough' again or suggesting their ability to connect with voters are 'problematic' or that they're 'too wonkish'...
    Harris literally tries to portray herself as a prosecutor in the Senate. She’s made it part of her MO to go as hard at Republicans as possible and is always part of intense questioning panels in her commuters. Buttegieg has been running around saying “I’m a small town mayor who just gets things done and trying to reach and unite the country”.

Yeah one of those is obviously going to have a perception of being more likeable. And I like Harris better than Mayor Pete, but it’s oretty easy to get why one is portrayed as being less offensive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

My reaction: congratulations, you played yourself

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Harris literally tries to portray herself as a prosecutor in the Senate. She’s made it part of her MO to go as hard at Republicans as possible and is always part of intense questioning panels in her commuters. Buttegieg has been running around saying “I’m a small town mayor who just gets things done and trying to reach and unite the country”.

Yeah one of those is obviously going to have a perception of being more likeable. And I like Harris better than Mayor Pete, but it’s oretty easy to get why one is portrayed as being less offensive.
    Except that's the opposite of what the article did.

Kamala Harris' big question mark
    She's connecting with audiences — sometimes to a fault.

By CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO 02/28/2019 04:30 AM EST

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

DES MOINES, Iowa — Monica Reyes had a straightforward question for Kamala Harris: What’s your strategy to help immigrant workers gain U.S. citizenship? People like her mother, who fled domestic abuse in Mexico, sold blankets at county fairs and then opened a shop in Iowa.
    But rather that diving into a detailed immigration plan, Harris asked for the name of Reyes’ mother — Brenda. “She sounds extraordinary,” Harris said. “I think it’s important in this room, while we’re having a discussion about who will be the president of the United States, that we speak her name.”

The Democrat reiterated the need for comprehensive immigration reform, then veered into generalities about immigration policy, never directly answering Reyes’ question.
    It's almost like there's something different in the treatment between them that I can't put my finger on...

BANNED

This is why I can't wait for the debates. To me Medicare For All is the best path forward. We have to get all the candidates to clearly Stat what theyare and are not for. Because Pelosi doesn't have our backs. Neither does Hoyer or Schumer.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/05/hous...e-for-all.html

I like the field. It is difficult though because many candidates have announced their support for many of the same policies that Sanders ran on in 2016.

For me, I want more of a focus n the Policy of each individual. Some are better than others, and others tend to Hedge on something most people agree with.

Invincible Member

Yang

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

Yang
    Marianne Williamson too.
    “We need a moral and spiritual awakening in the country,” the candidate stated. “Nothing short of that is adequate to really fundamentally change the patterns of our political dysfunction.”

Her platform includes proposal for free public college, universal health care, Medicare for all, a green new deal and $10 billion per year for slavery reparations to be paid over the course of a decade.

“I believe $100 billion given to a council to apply this money to economic projects and educational projects of renewal for that population is simply a debt to be paid,” Williamson said.

Dem. Presidential Candidate Calls for $100B in Slavery Reparations
    “We need a moral and spiritual awakening in the count

Mike Gravel is in, and I'm intending to donate to him, so he can get on the stage.
    He by far has the most Progressive Policies of all the candidates so far.

http://<a href="https://www.youtube....TcU&t=197s</a>

Here's his platform. Gotta say I like his ideas.

hSen. Gravel’s platform is the most progressive of any Democratic candidate.