Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I'm a very liberal Democrat.

I want climate change addressed in an ambitious way.

My other interests are healthcare, college tuition, a living wage, and fighting voter suppression.

The most important thing we need to do in the 2020 election is vote Trump out of office!!!

Welcome, Karatattoo. I'm Malvolio here, but I'm Bigby on the DC Wiki boards. Let's see if our friend eta follows us here.

Spectacular Member

Every major Democratic candidate is terrible, some are just less terrible than others.

Bernie is probably the best but will still vote with the right if there's a big consensus on the issue. Plus there's little to no point in having a social democrat as President when you have a GOP majority in the Senate and Supreme Court to veto every welfare project he proposes. So it's probably best he comes a close second this time and gets more people organised on the left than to win.

I'm loving that Elizabeth Warren found out how the Tax Prep Corporations were trying to screw us, along with help from Republicans AND Democrats.
    But she, Bernie, and Booker, and AOC are like NOPE! I appreciate this on all levels. This is how you fight back.

Whether it's in the party or not.

https://theintercept.com/2019/04/11/...laim-publicly/

Elizabeth Warren is at odds with Richard Neal over a bill banning the government from offering free tax filing
    "Congress should be making it easier – and less expensive – for Americans to file their taxes."

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    Plus there's little to no point in having a social democrat as President when you have a GOP majority in the Senate and Supreme Court to veto every welfare project he proposes.
    Well, there's always the hope that Democrats can take back the Senate or at least get a 50/50 split, in which case his (or whomever the President ends up being) Vice President will be the deciding vote. At any rate, having a social Democrat as President is far better than having a conservative under these circumstances because at least things wont get any worse! A social Democrat won't nominate any more conservative Justices. A social Democrat will veto any messed up legislation that somehow passes both houses of Congress.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

I hope Pete isn't being seen as someone who has two faces. I watched his Vice Interview and Wasn't impressed with him. Then I saw this article on Buzzfeed, so make of it what you will. I think he comes across as Progressive ( I think we need a new word now.)

But this doesn't pose well.

POLITICS
    What Happened When Pete Buttigieg Tore Down Houses In Black And Latino South Bend
    "Everyone wants to find a villain," a South Bend politician said of Mayor Pete Buttigieg's housing program. "This is just how economic development happens."

Pete may be more Centrist than I like, but I hope he gives more Policy specifics down the road. We need a concrete idea of where he wants to take us.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I know it's a very crowded field already, but is there anyone you'd still like to run in the Democratic or GOP primaries?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

OK, anyone who is not taking the piss?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    I hope Pete isn't being seen as someone who has two faces. I watched his Vice Interview and Wasn't impressed with him. Then I saw this article on Buzzfeed, so make of it what you will. I think he comes across as Progressive ( I think we need a new word now.)

POLITICS
    What Happened When Pete Buttigieg Tore Down Houses In Black And Latino South Bend
    "Everyone wants to find a villain," a South Bend politician said of Mayor Pete Buttigieg's housing program. "This is just how economic development happens."

Pete may be more Centrist than I like, but I hope he gives more Policy specifics down the road. We need a concrete idea of where he wants to take us.

The thing is, Mayor Pete has specifically said he wants the left to be less policy-driven and more 'philisophical', which is a polite way of indicating that you're not going to do much of anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post

POLITICS

Nobody likes gentrification, but it is hard to think of a viable alternative to it that doesn't involve letting neighborhoods rot in misery perpetually. Investing in any area will inevitably attract outsiders that will drive up prices and compete with the locals for the new job opportunities. While it might be attractive to think of a scenario where resources continue to flow into a neighborhood to benefit the existing residents while barriers are put up to keep out newcomers, how exactly would you pull this off?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Personally, I would have loved for Tammy Duckworth to run.

Hillary was right!

Tomorrow is the day Bernard is releasing his taxes, right?

I can't wait.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Maybe John Edwards should run for office to redeem his failures
    On a more serious note, but in a similar direction: How old is Gary Hart? 82? Wouldn't even be the oldest guy in the field.

Hillary was right!

Personally, I would have loved for Tammy Duckworth to run.
    Oh yes. Just so she could call Trump "Cadet Bone Spurs" right to his face.

I know it's a very crowded field already, but is there anyone you'd still like to run in the Democratic or GOP primaries?
    As always, I'd love to see Willie Nelson in office. He's a few years shy of 90, but he's had more than enough real world experience to give him a view of America that most politicians lack. His activism is well documented, and if anyone could peel away some of those good ol boys from the GoP and get them to see the light he'd be the one to do it.