Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default What's your opinion about G. W. Wilson in Wonder Woman?

This thread is to talk about the writing of G.W. Wilson for Wonder Woman.

What's your opinion?

With one of the main issues being how many writers have been Diana’s features she has lacked in showing Diana’s strength. Her stories are hit or miss

BANNED

It's more of the same problem that Wonder Woman has had for years. Not enough adventures, underwhelming action and power for a book starring a so called amazon Goddess Powerhouse. Her personality is lacking. She is way too pasive, always reacting to things happening around her. Like she is waiting for something to happen, otherwise she doesn't move. More family drama stories that never seem to go anywhere, because the next writer falls into them again and again like they are never ending. Not to mention we had to have yet again another who am i arc when this run started, when it should be clear who Wonder Woman is by now. So far i don't like it. And things are not bright outside her title either.

It’s been “ok” so far. I was hoping Wilson would find her groove sooner but so far nothing she’s writing has been all that exciting. JMS did the “gods are reborn in new forms” story over in Thor and it was much more exciting and had much better art. I still intend to follow along for now, there are aspects I like and enjoy, but I really hope Wilson can start ramping up soon.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

'
    In my opinion, her run hasn't lived up to the hype. The plots have been underwhelming and reminiscent of some past WW runs such as new forms for the gods(Rucka's 1st run) and WW/Giganta being frenemies(Simone's run). One minute Diana wants to cut her opponent's stomach open before the opponent even lays a finger on her(Nemesis) and the next, she wants to hug her adversary into defeat(Veronica Cale). I'd like to see a happy medium between these two tactics. Also - the talking animal creatures are already annoying. They need to go ASAP.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

To me it's been a very average run so far. The best I've been able to say after any issue is, it was ok. I've been disappointed after waiting out the last run until a new creative team took over. If things don't pick up soon I'm not sure how much longer I can stick around.

I don't mean to rip Wilson or be disrespectful, but her writing seems a bit amateur.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I like some of the stuff she's done. The whimsical note that I think ought to be one of the distinguishing features of the book is definitely there. I like the return of Ferdinand - Rucka's happiest creation - and if mythical creatures just have to be there, then friendly fauns and centaurs are the way to go. The fact that she's using characters from previous writers is, for this title, a very welcome change.

OTOH her plots seem to be oddly paced - really need more single issue stories - and too talky and lacking in superheroics.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison