Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hacking a GL ring

Teen Lantern...Teen Lantern???Aside from all the other stuff he's done so far this takes the cake. I really didn't care much about what he was doing but now he's messing with green lantern lore! Just leave it alone man! You mean to tell me a 5 year old (or whatever her age is)
    Hacked the most powerful weapon in the universe! Who at DC greenlit this? It just takes away from the whole concept of being a green lantern, and what makes them special. The ring has to choose you. But now apparantly anyone can become a green lantern. And I bet we don't get any explanation about it.
    Not to mention the whole thing is so corny.
    I can't be the only one frustrated about this?

The ring has been "hacked" at least two other times in the past year. Has there been at least a good explanation for how this new one was able to hack a GL ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerr View Post
    Teen Lantern...Teen Lantern???Aside from all the other stuff he's done so far this takes the cake. I really didn't care much about what he was doing but now he's messing with green lantern lore! Just leave it alone man! You mean to tell me a 5 year old (or whatever her age is)
    Hacked the most powerful weapon in the universe! Who at DC greenlit this? It just takes away from the whole concept of being a green lantern, and what makes them special. The ring has to choose you. But now apparantly anyone can become a green lantern. And I bet we don't get any explanation about it.
    Not to mention the whole thing is so corny.
    I can't be the only one frustrated about this?
    useless fans complain and keep buying the book. Just drop it, the only way the learn is when they see sales falling.

Meh. It's been hacked before and we don't know her full story. Let's just wait and see.

Astonishing Member

In a universe where unbelievable things happen all the time, this is what you find unbelievable?

We don’t even know much about the character seeing as how her ONLY line of dialogue so far is just to repeat, “I’m Teen Lantern” over and over. It’s been a very forced and awkward introduction so far.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

People have talked about a Teen Lantern for decades. It's a running thing since the Titans, as Green Lantern was one of the few major DC characters to not have a teen sidekick. Bendis was just the first one to have a idea and plan for one that got the OK to move forward. It was going to happen eventually even if he didn't do it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    In a universe where unbelievable things happen all the time, this is what you find unbelievable?
    I never said that I found it unbelievable. I just find it stupid and that it really dumbs down the whole idea behind the power rings if a little kid out of kindergarten is able to "hack" it

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The ring has been "hacked" at least two other times in the past year. Has there been at least a good explanation for how this new one was able to hack a GL ring?
    How exactly has the ring been "hacked" ? Also keep in mind there is a difference between corrupting the ring and being able to wield it! Something Geoff John's touched upon in GL rebirth when Green Arrow puts on a ring to defend himself against sinestro. He says, and I quote:
    Green Arrow-"I don't know if I could've used this thing again. Feels like I haven't slept in days, hard to think...I'm exhausted. Forcing your willpower into the ring. Asking it to give your thoughts life...is that what it feels like?"
    Kyle- "Every time"
    Green Arrow- "Damn"
    So apparently it's not just something you can put on and trick.
    Last edited by Jokerr; 03-23-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    People have talked about a Teen Lantern for decades. It's a running thing since the Titans, as Green Lantern was one of the few major DC characters to not have a teen sidekick. Bendis was just the first one to have a idea and plan for one that got the OK to move forward. It was going to happen eventually even if he didn't do it.
    I have honestly never heard one person ask for a "teen lantern" like ever...And what's the deal with it being "Teen" lantern. Once you get recruited into the corps you are a GREEN Lantern plain and simple regardless of your age. And another thing, the green lanterns are a intergalactic police force not a daycare center. You don't get a sidekick, you get a partner.
    Do you see now why this idea so flawed. It makes no sense. And besides how many more green lanterns is earth going to have. Pretty soon it's going to be a corps all on its own.
    I don't know about the superman theory but there's definitely something going on with the green lantern theory.
    Last edited by Jokerr; 03-23-2019 at 07:22 AM.

As long as this character doesn't appear anywhere beyond the Bendis Wonder-line, try not to lose any sleep over it.
    (And as others have said, don't buy the book if this gives you this much agita . . . )

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I think if you're frustrated by the concept of a Teen Lantern you're probably not the right person to read Young Justice. The book is only three issues in, and so far while we know more than you're indicating we still don't know very much about her.

This is a very silly thing to be agitated about. Don't read the book.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member

We don't know much about the character, but I think it's unlikely that Teen Lantern will be a "5 year old" "little kid" who's just "out of kindergarten".

So you can relax on that score.

(The character also seems to have been Patrick Gleason's concept, rather than Bendis' himself, and was added to the team as part of the collaboration between them.)

Fantastic Member

Yeah' not a fan of Bendis, just hoping his influence Doesn't spread across the whole line. Must admit does feel like this 'Teen Lantern' just thrown in without much thought about 'background.' Hopefully there is a revelation pending, if there is he's better getting that aired sooner rather than later. Though judging by his work on the 'Superman' titles, not holding my breath.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I don't think Bendis's prominence will last at DC. His Superman and Action issues currently selling less than their Rebirth counterparts, odd considering that Bendis is supposedly one of the most powerful writers industry compared to frankly b-list talent Tomasi and Jurgens. You also have the hotly anticipated return of Cassie Sandmark, Conner Kent, and Bart Allen to the DC Universe, in Young Justice, whose second issue is in the 30,000 range. I think there are enough comic book fans who abhore Bendis enough for the character's he is on to take a hit financially, so I think DC will either downgrade him to lesser titles, or show him the door.