Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 103
  1. #46
    Amazing Member Jokerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, this is why i wasn't so upset with the idea of Bendis ignoring continuity after coming to DC, they lost any sort of coherence a long time ago. I still have other problems with him like his dialogue, but his Man of Steel was acceptable.
    Why do people always resort to defending one person's bad writing with the excuse of someone else's bad writing...
    How does that fix anything?
    And rebirth actually laid out a pretty good foundation for Superman's history before Bendis got the chance to start mudding it up again.
    Someone here said he's only had one or two hiccups so far ( I'm pretty sure they're quite a few more) but that isn't any good either considering the short amount of time he's had on the title and the fact he started out with a pretty much clean slate. That's just being lazy and there is no excuse for it no matter what anyone says.

  2. #47
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,443

    Default

    Rebirth/Reborn laid out a very rough template for Superman's history with A LOT of holes. Its very much not laid out cleanly, which also gives a lot of wiggle room at the same time. Bendis muddled up nothing because there was nothing much to muddle up. And I'm the one who said he's only had one to two continuity hiccups, and no, there's not any more than that. There's not bringing up that Jor-El disappeared before Superman's eyes before he showed up again in MOS. And then there's the Crime Syndicate being alive again even though they died in Forever Evil/Darkseid War. In regards to recent continuity that is it. And the latter can easily be explained away as Earth 3 simply undergoing continuity changes just like the main Earth has been ever since Rebirth started. Would that be a head canon explanation? Yes. But its far from out of the realm of imagination.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-23-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  3. #48
    Astonishing Member El_Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,736

    Default

    I don't like Teen Lantern, but not because of the reasons you listed. I don't like her inclusion simply because she's taking up a roster spot that should have gone to the likes of Blue Beetle, Static, Aqualad or Empress.

    Also Milagro Reyes should have been the first teenager to wield a GL ring!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

  4. #49
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Yeah, I really don't get why people are still going on about continuity in the DC Universe when it has been a mess since at least the New 52. I don't like that Bendis aged up Jon but, beyond that, I have no real issues with his run so far.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  5. #50
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    She's been in 3 issues and hasn't really done anything calm down.

  6. #51
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerr View Post
    What you takin about bro?! The emotional spectrum is one of the most genius concepts ever put to paper (regarding comics)
    It completely reinvented the entire mythos and basically revitalized a pretty much dead concept. Not only that it brought us one of the most epic DC events to date - Blackest Night!!!
    That's the first time a heard someone call it stupid lol
    You either haven't read into it or are just being a hater.




    What more is there to say?

  7. #52

    Default

    Yeah honestly I don't much like the Emotional Spectrum as a concept, and when I watched GLTAS with some friends and we got to the part with Larfleeze and I had to explain the ES to them they pretty much decried the whole franchise as stupid.

  8. #53
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Eh, the emotional spectrum is an OK enough concept but I really don't like how it entirely took over the GL franchise for years. I'm so glad that Morrison's excellent Green Lantern has left it behind.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  9. #54
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Cumbria U.K.
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Rebirth/Reborn laid out a very rough template for Superman's history with A LOT of holes. Its very much not laid out cleanly, which also gives a lot of wiggle room at the same time. Bendis muddled up nothing because there was nothing much to muddle up. And I'm the one who said he's only had one to two continuity hiccups, and no, there's not any more than that. There's not bringing up that Jor-El disappeared before Superman's eyes before he showed up again in MOS. And then there's the Crime Syndicate being alive again even though they died in Forever Evil/Darkseid War. In regards to recent continuity that is it. And the latter can easily be explained away as Earth 3 simply undergoing continuity changes just like the main Earth has been ever since Rebirth started. Would that be a head canon explanation? Yes. But its far from out of the realm of imagination.
    Yeah, but if he ain't disregarding continuity it would be good to see the odd explanation for these glitches, if we the fans can (as you so cleverly addressed) then surely Bendis can. He doesn't'. It is his toybox now and he'll what he likes' seems the attitude. Still nothing about Jor-El's reappearance and that isn't decade's old continuity. How can anyone state Bendis is a good writer I beyond me. His interpretation of Lois, well can't even call it that! Who was that? No sorry to disagree but Bendis has ruined Superman's current popularity. Proof' sale figures. You're in the minority. As I stated as for 'Teen Lantern' his main concern should be putting flesh on the bones for the character. Instead his main spotlight is on established characters, we know how and why the behave in certain ways, (though that s not safe under Bendis) what we knew to know sooner rather than later is the background to their new characters. Knowing Bendis that Isn't guaranteed and is worrying. Prepared to give him a little longer, but at the six issue Mark, we should know a little bit more about this lantern, beside as Jokerr stated this kindergarten behaviour.
    Last edited by Franny6422; 03-23-2019 at 02:51 PM.

  10. #55
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,253

    Default

    The emotional spectrum is a hard pass for me. Not into the rainbow lanterns.

    No problem with a Teen Lantern, though I wish it could have been an alien.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  11. #56
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,891

    Default

    Now that I think about it, we have a teenage Jessica Cruz and Hal Jordan on DC Super Hero Girls still going by "Green Lantern."

    Are we only calling her "Teen Lantern" because she's not an actual GL?

  12. #57
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, we have a teenage Jessica Cruz and Hal Jordan on DC Super Hero Girls still going by "Green Lantern."

    Are we only calling her "Teen Lantern" because she's not an actual GL?
    I assume they use it to separate her from the others. Both character and marketing wise.

  13. #58
    Amazing Member Jokerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    She's been in 3 issues and hasn't really done anything calm down.
    Yeah? So she's been in only three issues.What's your point? I feel like I've been taking to the air this whole time.

  14. #59
    Amazing Member Jokerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    Yeah honestly I don't much like the Emotional Spectrum as a concept, and when I watched GLTAS with some friends and we got to the part with Larfleeze and I had to explain the ES to them they pretty much decried the whole franchise as stupid.
    Its funny... when people can't understand something you try to tell them they think you're the one who is dumb and not themselves.
    A friend of mine told me that once and I think it's quite appropriate in this case.

  15. #60
    Amazing Member Jokerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post




    What more is there to say?
    I don't know? You haven't said anything. Or were you trying to be clever? Because it's not working out...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •