Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Steve would allow a racist rally to happen because of free speech, he would only intervene if things get rowdy, but the execution in the recent example is very clunky compared to the finesse of the DeMatteis one.

oh my god the convo next issue is gonna be so bad

That’s right! Exercising their first amendment right and Cap will protect the constitution no matter what!

What is happening next issue? Confrontation between the two?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Scott was never on the Avengers' back so I don't know where this came from.
    "Cable was right!"

I don't mind the writers using Captain America to present a different view point in the story. The political rally was inflaming anti-mutant bigotry but it would not be right to attack it. But Scott did not attack it, he meant to interrupt it and challenge the views.

I think the Avengers did not anything wrong with the rally or even the vaccine. If they were aware of the ONE capturing mutants, that would be different. In the end, it is a X-Men book. If you want to read a book about Avengers doing good things, read an Avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    That would involve Scott not getting off anyone's back.
    Lol I am dead

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviers Dream View Post
    I don't mind the writers using Captain America to present a different view point in the story. The political rally was inflaming anti-mutant bigotry but it would not be right to attack it. But Scott did not attack it, he meant to interrupt it and challenge the views.

I think the Avengers did not anything wrong with the rally or even the vaccine. If they were aware of the ONE capturing mutants, that would be different. In the end, it is a X-Men book. If you want to read a book about Avengers doing good things, read an Avengers book.
    The rally, maybe. The vaccine? The vaccine is a form of medical genocide, no better than the forced sterilization of African-Americans back in the early-to-mid-20th century. It's ultimately the same thing by intent --- making sure that future generations of certain marginalized groups never get the chance to even be born, thus causing those populations to die out and no longer be a demographic threat to the dominant group(s).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If the next issue is smart, it'll just explain why the Vengies aren't suited to do anything about the vaccine because of Jason's political stuff over in their book, with Steve trusting the more low-key poverty team of Scott's to handle this.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Rogers is actually there to take Logan to the Avengers, and it will set off another battle.

Captain America: Take the bar!
    Cyclops: Drive them back into the streets!
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Rogers is actually there to take Logan to the Avengers, and it will set off another battle.

Captain America: Take the bar!
    Cyclops: Drive them back into the streets!
    Twist: The battle is imaginary, in reality Steve and Scott are playing with their action figures over in the backroom of the bar and all the X-Men are too drunk to notice
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Twist: The battle is imaginary, in reality Steve and Scott are playing with their action figures over in the backroom of the bar and all the X-Men are too drunk to notice
    Darn, if this doesn't happen I'll be disappointed.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

If the next issue is smart, it'll just explain why the Vengies aren't suited to do anything about the vaccine because of Jason's political stuff over in their book, with Steve trusting the more low-key poverty team of Scott's to handle this.
    But we know that in reality Rogers is going to scold him for what Hope is doing by telling Scott that it's his fault and that he has to fix it.

Well, now you're just being unreasonable. I never thought I'd see the day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Darn, if this doesn't happen I'll be disappointed.
    I just read the A Babies vs the X Babies and I think Scott and Steve are going to fight over a teddy bear.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I just read the A Babies vs the X Babies and I think Scott and Steve are going to fight over a teddy bear.
    GASP. Has Steve learned of the Limited Edition-Ony 6 of them exist- Carebear!Clops?!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    GASP. Has Steve learned of the Limited Edition-Ony 6 of them exist- Carebear!Clops?!

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Cyclops has a captain America teddy bear that Jean won for him xD