Fantastic Member

Default Black Adam vs General Zod

Post Crisis Teth vs Current Rebirth Zod
    No BFR
    Who Wins?

BANNED

I thought convergence was over.

I feel like Black Adam had surpassed the likes of Superman towards the end of post crisis via channeling extra power buuut Rebirth characters are arguably more powerful than their post crisis counterparts.

I think Zod takes this especially because of the speed edge. And decisively if he's under the two suns again though technically current rebirth zod is trapped in the Phantom Zone

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    I feel like Black Adam had surpassed the likes of Superman towards the end of post crisis via channeling extra power buuut Rebirth characters are arguably more powerful than their post crisis counterparts.

I think Zod takes this especially because of the speed edge. And decisively if he's under the two suns again though technically current rebirth zod is trapped in the Phantom Zone
    I would say Rebirth characters, at least as far as the kryptonians, are indeed more powerful than their post crisis counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I would say Rebirth characters, at least as far as the kryptonians, are indeed more powerful than their post crisis counterparts.
    Agreed, at least with Clark. Pretty sure he was super specifically noted to be a composite of Post and Nu right? Not sure if the other Kryptonians got that treatment or not.

What have they done?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mainly fought with Clark and the crowd as equals

Also everyone in Superman's supporting cast is now a composite. Mongul for instance apparently has both Jr and Srs feats/stories now

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
    I mean maybe? But it's very confusing as to how much of new 52 is canon now. The entire Morrison run it would seem, is not and Death of Superman is. But also somehow his parents are already dead and have been since his teens. And that's just one example

So... maybe. I think we should at least wait till end of DD clock or maybe idk 5 years from Superman Reborn before making sweeping generalizations
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 03-24-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Are Rebirth's all composites? Like WW has her post crisis stats, but can still tap into her NEW 52 God amp as well as having telepath?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I mean maybe? But it's very confusing as to how much of new 52 is canon now. The entire Morrison run it would seem, is not and Death of Superman is. But also somehow his parents are already dead and have been since his teens. And that's just one example

So... maybe. I think we should at least wait till end of DD clock or maybe idk 5 years from Superman Reborn before making sweeping generalizations
    I kind of got the impression the Kents dying was part of Doctor Manhattan screwing with the time stream. I'll be surprised if that persists beyond this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Are Rebirth's all composites? Like WW has her post crisis stats, but can still tap into her NEW 52 God amp as well as having telepath?
    DC's current policy seems to be "Let's make all our most famous and popular stories canon". So For the Man Who has Everything, Crisis, Death of Superman and the new 52 JL origin story are all canon, regardless of pre crisis, post crisis or Flashpoint

It's good from a story telling perspective, makes it real hard to understand in terms of feats or continuity.

WW's entire new 52 career seems to be in jeopardy. Like I've seen little or no reference to any of the characters or events but then again I'm not a regular follower of her solo

I mean they went out of their way to play up that whole fusing (or "fusing back together") thing. I suppose if they're now walking back on it that throws a wrench into the proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I kind of got the impression the Kents dying was part of Doctor Manhattan screwing with the time stream. I'll be surprised if that persists beyond this event.
    Possibly. Regardless this and other continuity issues mentioned continue to be troublesome in judging which characters or feats are canon anymore

More worryingly I suppose the event entirely ignores his son (now a teenager, thanks Bendis!) which indicates maybe more retcons to come..

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I mean they went out of their way to play up that whole fusing (or "fusing back together") thing. I suppose if they're now walking back on it that throws a wrench into the proceedings.
    The follow up to that (same writer/series/ next issue) has Superman musing how parts of his life seem to be missing or incomplete when he checks the archives in the Fortress

Then they kinda ignored this till DD Clock when they seem to flashback to his parents death as a teenager (as in the Morrison run). His son doesn't seem to exist in this story. Further Manhattan's meddling with the time line causes the JSA and Legion to never exist.... yet Johnny Thunder and Saturn Girl do, they've come together and are slowly unravelling the whole thing. So..... like I said maybe just wait for a bit more for it to all play out

The likely outcome is going to be the fusion that was pushed so hard, and not just Supes but everyone. Buut there are inconsistencies yet so better give it some time to iron itself out

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Honestly I am beginning to feel like we should just stop sweating versions as much unless we are talking characters who have pretty distinctly become new versions of themselves. Which to be fair covers most of JLA except Batman and GL. I know there are contradictions but there are plenty of contradictions in "unbroken" continuities as well, like Marvel, Image, or even within the post crisis period of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Honestly I am beginning to feel like we should just stop sweating versions as much unless we are talking characters who have pretty distinctly become new versions of themselves. Which to be fair covers most of JLA except Batman and GL. I know there are contradictions but there are plenty of contradictions in "unbroken" continuities as well, like Marvel, Image, or even within the post crisis period of DC.
    I wouldn't exactly say so, we do still have things like distinct reboots and what have you, and when a timeline gets completely redone, that's a solid breakpoint to look at what things are and how they function after it. Contradictions in unbroken continuities can be weighed against each other and the character's overall history, which is the thing we do. Broken continuities break that history. Even you yourself midsentences of putting it forward have to go "I mean, on saying characters that become new versions of themselves, I do have to admit that did actually happen."