Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Default Mark Waid writes the History of Marvel

Just read that Mark Waid is writing the History of Marvel, this seems to be something similar to what Marvels was? Any thoughts? Link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

BANNED

Man I hope it's like Marvels because I don't want Waid to write official in house history. That guy has a silver age fetish and he makes a lot of errors and such histories should try and be unbiased.

Maybe it's like Marvel Saga.

expect retcons.

I'll be honest , I like waid, but personally i think that Kurt Busiek would have been a better choice for such project...
    But we'll see what this thing will evolve into

Busiek is incredibly behind and this book has stuff about the Avengers 1,000,000 B.C., Progenitors, and ancient Hydra.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I'm all in on this just for the fact that Rodriguez is doing the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Busiek is incredibly behind and this book has stuff about the Avengers 1,000,000 B.C., Progenitors, and ancient Hydra.
    Uh? Snoop fella please CLARIFY what do you mean with behind...and none of the stuff you highlighted has any sort fo lingering good feeling(oldvengers is close but ... i'm not sure i like the changes it does to marvel mythos...kind of torn about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm all in on this just for the fact that Rodriguez is doing the art.
    Well the art will be good, this is for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Uh? Snoop fella please CLARIFY what do you mean with behind...
    I assume he means that Busiek's Marvel knowledge probably stops around 15 years ago. Has he done anything for Marvel since his Avengers run ended?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I assume he means that Busiek's Marvel knowledge probably stops around 15 years ago. Has he done anything for Marvel since his Avengers run ended?
    ah, I see so Snoop is one of..those...got it.
    (honestly my interest in marvle in these 15 years has seen up and downs...some things still hype me, and I'm totally a glob herman fan...but other things just leave me kind of cold...perhaps is me growing too old for somethings...)

He did Marvels 2 which is just 80's stuff, wrote a few pages for Zub Thunderbolts, did a Defenders one-shot. Meanwhile an assload of events and retcons have been dropped that Mark Waid was around for and is familiar with. It would be unreasonable to have Kurt do so much research for six issues when you already have several continuity professors on deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He did Marvels 2 which is just 80's stuff, wrote a few pages for Zub Thunderbolts, did a Defenders one-shot. Meanwhile an assload of events and retcons have been dropped that Mark Waid was around for and is familiar with. It would be unreasonable to have Kurt do so much research for six issues when you already have several continuity professors on deck.
    As i said one of those...people who actually followed marvels closely and put on a reasonable argument for why an author should be choosen for a given job..

Invincible Member

I'm guessing it's something similar to History of the DC Universe..."Ok, we've made some changes so here's how the continuity should work now."

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    As i said one of those...people who actually followed marvels closely and put on a reasonable argument for why an author should be choosen for a given job..

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm guessing it's something similar to History of the DC Universe..."Ok, we've made some changes so here's how the continuity should work now."
    Yeah now i get it...Indeed is somethign needed. At some point you've to clear how things in the continuity are actually going, expecially for old fan like me or fans that does not read ALL the marvel books as somethings could confuse readers and well there no more the habit to put a note box at the end of page explaining in short what's going on.