Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

it's a What If story in my book.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-19-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm.. so her weapon can morph as needed. I guess this is an interesting way to give her a semi green lantern weapon.
    Lantern Hawk?

Hawk Foster and the Valkyrie Corp?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    What a strange way to spin the truth, which is that because of their deal with Scholastic (which is not as big as some seem to think) and because of their success on the digital platforms, (which is bigger than many people think because they sell disproportionately higher than most titles on those platforms), they are successfully maintaining their presence in the direct market. How that can be a negative thing is beyond me.
    Numbers required.

I listen to facts, not truths, either way.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

hmm.. so her weapon can morph as needed. I guess this is an interesting way to give her a semi green lantern weapon.
    She-Ra with her morphing Sword of Protection was what came first to me.

Actually, when I think harder, Thor and Jane are now like the He-Man and She-Ra of Marvel.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I wonder if this is all based on the misreading of the Thor #1 cover, where some thought Thor was wielding a morphing hammer. Maybe Aaron read those and thought that a morphing weapon might actually be fun.

I can't wait to see how X-Men WotR tie-in turns out, just to see how they handle Dani and her Valkyrie connection. Will she show up after after her sisters are all dead, or will she escape before the massacre is done?

I would like to see Jane interact with the other surviving Valkyrie, but I doubt they'll meet. Thor writers barely used the Valkyries, let alone recognized Dani as one, so either Dani will loss her Valkyrie powers or Aaron will totally ignore her completely.

Never mind. Can someone delete this?
    Last edited by DigiCom; 04-19-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Brunnhilde just can't win. i liked her best as a secret avenger.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Why she looks like Hawkgirl from DC?
    I'm used to the Valkyrie not being your classic winged warriors. It will take some getting used to, but I adapt quickly. I like the look. Always have. It goes back to Dawnstar and perhaps even earlier when I used to watch the Flash Gordon TV serials as a kid. Prince Vultan of the Hawkmen was my first Halloween costume that I remember. My "wings" were just two cardboard cut-outs, but close enough.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Attachment 81460

Jane Foster Valkyrie design by Russell Dauterman.

I like how every Asgardian design Dauterman creates is both unique and yet clearly within a cultural look that he has created. Excuse the limited size, that always happens when I use a tablet for images. I must dig into the settings sometime.
    It's a nice look, although I wouldn't mind seeing a little more creativity at the shin guards and knee protectors.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Attachment 81460

Jane Foster Valkyrie design by Russell Dauterman.

I like how every Asgardian design Dauterman creates is both unique and yet clearly within a cultural look that he has created. Excuse the limited size, that always happens when I use a tablet for images. I must dig into the settings sometime.
    I'm actually kind of glad the helm doesn't cover her eyes now because then that would be really Hawkgirl-esque.
    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    As far as I can tell, there are months at a time in 3018 where Captain Marvel Carol Danvers didn’t have a book on the shelves.

Her title fades in snow out so often she could just as easily be The Invidible Woman.
    I also don't think Cap and Iron Man's sales seem to fall as fast as Carol's generally does each and every time she relaunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm actually kind of glad the helm doesn't cover her eyes now because then that would be really Hawkgirl-esque.
    They could have gone with a full facial mask....maybe???

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Numbers required.

I listen to facts, not truths, either way.
    You will never get the numbers. But listening to literally dozens of creators talking about their books and the way they sink or swim at Marvel has painted a very clear picture. I have no inclination to reference podcasts, because they are too hard to quote, so you can choose to believe me or not.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I feel torn. I wish this didn't have to come at the expense of the other Valkyries, but I am SO GLAD Jane is back headlining her own title. She earned that. And well, reading Ewing's interview, it seems like he could be using Brunnhilde in a way, after all. I realize this is a solo book, but I do hope this arc eventually develops into Jane getting the Valkyrior back together, even if she's the main character of the book. I really like the idea of her just going to different places and recruiting different people to help her. And I hope the dead Valkyries can return to the living sooner rather than later.

I like the new design. It feels very reminiscent of her Thor one, but with a fresh take to represent her new identity. I love the idea behind her new weapon. The wings are gorgeous (and remind me of Angela's golden wings, which have been ignored ever since her solo book *sigh*)! I'm also pretty curious to see how successful this title is going to be. I hope the identity transition works out better for her than it did for poor Sam Wilson...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-19-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Niffleheim

Shouldn't her actions reflect her codename? Jane takes over other character's codenames like it's her superpowers