Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    OMG I love that you put Ned Leeds on your poll, that was too funny.

Invincible Member

I really need to know who the artist is on this...

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In the least Valkyrie is more a title than an actual name. There's supposed to be more than one. If Jane starts going by Brunhilda, then we know she's up to her old tricks again.
    still, she would be the best Valkyrie that this realm has ever known.

all Valkyries combined are not even up to her knee.

Aaron and Ewing can do no wrong
    The J-man

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Last time we saw them working on something, wasn't it Original Sin: The Tenth Realm when Angela was revealed as Thor and Loki sister?

I trust on Ewing but Aaron, I just do not trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Weeeell. Ewing can be a little strange sometimes. He does great things then suddenly does odd things that don’t quite work.

IMO, he has a problem of not knowing what to leave in the subtext. Loki manipulator of stories because they are a kind of lie, great. Loki god of stories, too far. Hulk the manifestation of the dark side of humanity, great. Hulk the excuse for yet another comic book essay on an obscure Kabbalist offshoot, not so much.

Astonishing Member

Aaron and Ewing writing a Valkyre comic book look quite interesting.Aaron have been writing quite well the Avengers and Conan and Ewing stories in Immortal Hulk are great.
    Valkyre is a character that is interesting,and i am not even much of a reader of Thor stories,but ever since way back the Defenders comic book,Valkyre have been a interesting character.The Fear Itself:Fearless limited series was essentially a Valkyre story arc in 12 issues.So this new comic book i am looking forward to know more details about.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    If it were solely Al Ewing writing, I'd be anticipating this series. But the fact that Jason Aaron is on as co-writer kind of makes me want to skip it. Also, will it involve Annabelle/Brunnhilde or is this Jane Foster? I'm very hesitant on this series, to be honest. I kind of wish Cullen Bunn was on it instead. Loved his Fearless Defenders and Fear Itself: The Fearless.
    Truthfully I'm wondering if Aarons name isn't connected to this purely to help it sell.

Al's a great writer, but his stuff unfortunately hasn't done all that great on the sales charts in the past (maybe his current stuff is selling better). Putting Aarons name on it might help a little.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    And seeing a Valkyrie book means that is very doubtful they will remember or addresing the Enchantress in the story, retconning everything regarding Valkyrie entire story.

This will be ridiculous ignoring that without the Enchantress, The Valkyrie can't exist because it is a very important part in the story.
    If anyone is aware of the history of Valkyrie as a character, it's certainly Al Ewing. That being said, the idea that Amora created Valkyrie was retconned decades ago. The Enchantress is responsible for bringing her back to life/freeing her, but that's it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Weeeell. Ewing can be a little strange sometimes. He does great things then suddenly does odd things that don’t quite work.

IMO, he has a problem of not knowing what to leave in the subtext. Loki manipulator of stories because they are a kind of lie, great. Loki god of stories, too far. Hulk the manifestation of the dark side of humanity, great. Hulk the excuse for yet another comic book essay on an obscure Kabbalist offshoot, not so much.
    I don't get the issues with that, as it was revealed to be an actual character regardless.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 03-24-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    If anyone is aware of the history of Valkyrie as a character, it's certainly Al Ewing. That being said, the idea that Amora created Valkyrie was retconned decades ago. The Enchantress is responsible for bringing her back to life/freeing her, but that's it.
    As I said, I trust on Ewing, he knows what to do, with Aaron I can be never sure.

Ignore the Enchantress in a bad way, means reduce her to the minimum, not give importance or know the relationship of both and change everything because of the sake of it and to fit in the story they want to tell is to spit directly into continuity and practically is to destroy in a bad way the story of a character like the Valkyrie and directly is to leave the Enchantress as someone who has neither the secondary category or leave her in a worse situation than any villain of third category or lower, when she is supposed to be the most popular and first female villain of Marvel.

Busiek tried to do something in his time in the Defenders when he put Lorelei in the middle (ignoring the fact that she was supposedly dead) without the latter having any relationship with the Valkyries.

I understand that perhaps I have no justification in criticizing something that has not yet been seen, since this is only an announcement (well, also it was last year when it was assumed that they would do something with Citizen V and then never came to see).

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is this an origin story? Just because they have a past together doesn't mean Amora needs to be in this story. It's like saying a Howard the Duck story needs Man-Thing in it. Not directly commenting on their shared past isn't reducing her.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

no artist announced? Well, I guess we'll find out eventually. best of success.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I wonder how long this series will last, hopefully longer than The Ultimates

Truthfully I'm wondering if Aarons name isn't connected to this purely to help it sell.

Al's a great writer, but his stuff unfortunately hasn't done all that great on the sales charts in the past (maybe his current stuff is selling better). Putting Aarons name on it might help a little.
    His Hulk is doing pretty good, which I guess just goes to show when you put him on an A-list book even a writer who isn't a proven sales success can find their footing.

Granted, movie-aside, comic Valkyrie is kind of C-list so maybe it does need a "name" to help it out a little...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's not really hijacking an identity when Valkyrie is literally a title given to multiple people.
    In the least Valkyrie is more a title than an actual name. There's supposed to be more than one. If Jane starts going by Brunhilda, then we know she's up to her old tricks again.
    At least that makes it more plausible for her to go by then when she took the "Thor" name.