Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 263
  1. #1
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15,835

    Default Valkyrie solo book announced by Jason Aaron and Al Ewing

    Jason Aaron and Al Ewing co-writing Valkyrie.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...ealed-at-c2e2/

  2. #2
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    wow expect another destruction.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,931

    Default

    And seeing a Valkyrie book means that is very doubtful they will remember or addresing the Enchantress in the story, retconning everything regarding Valkyrie entire story.

    This will be ridiculous ignoring that without the Enchantress, The Valkyrie can't exist because it is a very important part in the story.


    MCU Valkyrie, well, they can do whatever thing they want.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 03-23-2019 at 02:58 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,959

    Default

    I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

    Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,521

    Default

    Al Ewing writing Valkyrie...YES!!!

    Jason Aaron writing Valkyrie...NO!!! NO, NO, NOOOO!!!! Keep him FAR AWAY From the character or ANY Marvel Character. He already so much of Thor...DO NOT GIVE HIM THE LAST BIT OF GOOD THOR CHARACTER. I MEAN HE IGNORED BALDER THE BRAVE THROUGHOUT HIS ENTIRE THOR RUN. I rather TRUST HIM FAR AS I CAN THROW HIM in terms of RESPECTING MARVEL CHARACTERS AND THEIR HISTORY!!!

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

    Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.
    Doubt it. That would more than likely have been by Saladin Ahmed, who introduced her to the comics in Exiles. Besides, we know this spins off from War of the Realms, which the MCU inspired Val isn't involved in.

    It can only be Brunnhilde, unless becoming a Valkyrie is how we get Jane!Thor back. The fact we haven't seen a cover does make me suspect something is up.

    If it IS Brunnhilde, then we can assume Asgardians of the Galaxy is cancelled.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Aaron, I'll skip it then

  8. #8
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Al Ewing has become the writer that everyone wants to be writing their fave, so this has got to be great for Valkyrie fans. I can't complain about him returning to Asgardian characters -- maybe we'll see some follow-up to his ideas from Agent of Asgard.

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doubt it. That would more than likely have been by Saladin Ahmed, who introduced her to the comics in Exiles. Besides, we know this spins off from War of the Realms, which the MCU inspired Val isn't involved in.

    It can only be Brunnhilde, unless becoming a Valkyrie is how we get Jane!Thor back. The fact we haven't seen a cover does make me suspect something is up.

    If it IS Brunnhilde, then we can assume Asgardians of the Galaxy is cancelled.
    I thought it might be a new Jane book too, to be honest.

  10. #10
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Wouldn't surprise me at all if Aaron turns Jane Foster into a valkyrie during the WOTR event and this new series is all about her. Can see it now, Jane Foster the best valkyrie ever. But maybe I'm wrong and its about the Valkyrie we really want to see in a ongoing. Fingers crossed.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,903

    Default

    The lack of a picture of her suggests that they will retcon her into looking like the MCU version without explanation.

  12. #12
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It can only be Brunnhilde, unless becoming a Valkyrie is how we get Jane!Thor back. The fact we haven't seen a cover does make me suspect something is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if Aaron turns Jane Foster into a valkyrie during the WOTR event and this new series is all about her. Can see it now, Jane Foster the best valkyrie ever. But maybe I'm wrong and its about the Valkyrie we really want to see in a ongoing. Fingers crossed.
    holy moly, if this is the case then...

    I don't even want to think about.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

    Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.
    I actually think that Aaron and Ewing do good work together. Even if they write things that are at odds with each other, they do a good job of complementing each other.

    And would really making her look like the MCU version be thay difficult?

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The lack of a picture of her suggests that they will retcon her into looking like the MCU version without explanation.
    They don't need to retcon. If they want a black version like the movies, just use the alt universe one from Exiles. But this book definitely isn't about her.

  15. #15
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5,286

    Default

    Two of Marvel's top creators on a Brunnhilde book would be wild, fam. Hope Jane's new design is as good as her Thor.
    heroine addict we love you come back

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •