Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Valkyrie solo book announced by Jason Aaron and Al Ewing

Jason Aaron and Al Ewing co-writing Valkyrie.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...ealed-at-c2e2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

wow expect another destruction.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

And seeing a Valkyrie book means that is very doubtful they will remember or addresing the Enchantress in the story, retconning everything regarding Valkyrie entire story.

This will be ridiculous ignoring that without the Enchantress, The Valkyrie can't exist because it is a very important part in the story.

MCU Valkyrie, well, they can do whatever thing they want.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 03-23-2019 at 02:58 PM.

I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.

BANNED

Al Ewing writing Valkyrie...YES!!!

Jason Aaron writing Valkyrie...NO!!! NO, NO, NOOOO!!!! Keep him FAR AWAY From the character or ANY Marvel Character. He already so much of Thor...DO NOT GIVE HIM THE LAST BIT OF GOOD THOR CHARACTER. I MEAN HE IGNORED BALDER THE BRAVE THROUGHOUT HIS ENTIRE THOR RUN. I rather TRUST HIM FAR AS I CAN THROW HIM in terms of RESPECTING MARVEL CHARACTERS AND THEIR HISTORY!!!

Mighty Member

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Aaron turns Jane Foster into a valkyrie during the WOTR event and this new series is all about her. Can see it now, Jane Foster the best valkyrie ever. But maybe I'm wrong and its about the Valkyrie we really want to see in a ongoing. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.
    Doubt it. That would more than likely have been by Saladin Ahmed, who introduced her to the comics in Exiles. Besides, we know this spins off from War of the Realms, which the MCU inspired Val isn't involved in.

It can only be Brunnhilde, unless becoming a Valkyrie is how we get Jane!Thor back. The fact we haven't seen a cover does make me suspect something is up.

If it IS Brunnhilde, then we can assume Asgardians of the Galaxy is cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Aaron, I'll skip it then

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Al Ewing has become the writer that everyone wants to be writing their fave, so this has got to be great for Valkyrie fans. I can't complain about him returning to Asgardian characters -- maybe we'll see some follow-up to his ideas from Agent of Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doubt it. That would more than likely have been by Saladin Ahmed, who introduced her to the comics in Exiles. Besides, we know this spins off from War of the Realms, which the MCU inspired Val isn't involved in.

It can only be Brunnhilde, unless becoming a Valkyrie is how we get Jane!Thor back. The fact we haven't seen a cover does make me suspect something is up.

I thought it might be a new Jane book too, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

This.

I remember people saying Asgaurdians was intended as a limited run from the begining with a "we'll see" about converting it to an ongoing. It wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if they clean it up after the War of the Realms is up. It would be very utilitarian of Angela anyway, so it's an easy story to write. Besides, you could argue that the whole book is an expermient with thier lesser known IP to see what books could be launched (I was expecting an ANgela return honestly, but with recent focus Valkyrie makes sense).

I liked Aaron's writng of Jane/Thor. I've _loved_ the work Ewing is doing on Immortal Hulk. I think someone like Ewing will make sure history is respected, whereas Aaron has a nack for the epic tale. The two together could make a very strong book. Ill be keeping an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Given how much of a cash cow the MCU is along with Marvel's belief that the comics need to reflect the movies instead of vice versa i would say that prediction will be spot on...which makes me feel quite sad tbh but thems the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Given how much of a cash cow the MCU is along with Marvel's belief that the comics need to reflect the movies instead of vice versa i would say that prediction will be spot on...which makes me feel quite sad tbh but thems the breaks.
    Hm have you not read the rest of the thread? lol. The book is not about MCU Valkyrie, is about Jane Foster.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    And seeing a Valkyrie book means that is very doubtful they will remember or addresing the Enchantress in the story, retconning everything regarding Valkyrie entire story.

This will be ridiculous ignoring that without the Enchantress, The Valkyrie can't exist because it is a very important part in the story.
    If anyone is aware of the history of Valkyrie as a character, it's certainly Al Ewing. That being said, the idea that Amora created Valkyrie was retconned decades ago. The Enchantress is responsible for bringing her back to life/freeing her, but that's it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    If anyone is aware of the history of Valkyrie as a character, it's certainly Al Ewing. That being said, the idea that Amora created Valkyrie was retconned decades ago. The Enchantress is responsible for bringing her back to life/freeing her, but that's it.
    As I said, I trust on Ewing, he knows what to do, with Aaron I can be never sure.

Ignore the Enchantress in a bad way, means reduce her to the minimum, not give importance or know the relationship of both and change everything because of the sake of it and to fit in the story they want to tell is to spit directly into continuity and practically is to destroy in a bad way the story of a character like the Valkyrie and directly is to leave the Enchantress as someone who has neither the secondary category or leave her in a worse situation than any villain of third category or lower, when she is supposed to be the most popular and first female villain of Marvel.

Busiek tried to do something in his time in the Defenders when he put Lorelei in the middle (ignoring the fact that she was supposedly dead) without the latter having any relationship with the Valkyries.

I understand that perhaps I have no justification in criticizing something that has not yet been seen, since this is only an announcement (well, also it was last year when it was assumed that they would do something with Citizen V and then never came to see).