Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I can already tell I am going to feel guilty about reading this on Unlimited instead of buying it.
    Baby Thanos

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I tweeted Ewing if Brunnhilde will look like a Force ghost and he answered, "No, but to give away more exact details would involve some spoilers."
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I tweeted Ewing if Brunnhilde will look like a Force ghost and he answered, "No, but to give away more exact details would involve some spoilers."
    I kind of assumed it would be like Rex and Rick Tyler in Geoff Johns' JSA run where Rick visited Rex in this different plane of time to converse with him and get advice, so Brunnhilde is on this other plane of existence (Valhalla?) and Jane can visit or see her in.

Astonishing Member

I'd only buy this if it turned out to be Moonstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of assumed it would be like Rex and Rick Tyler in Geoff Johns' JSA run where Rick visited Rex in this different plane of time to converse with him and get advice, so Brunnhilde is on this other plane of existence (Valhalla?) and Jane can visit or see her in.
    That makes sense. If she's dead, she'd be in Valhalla. And a Valkyrie's job is to take the dead there, so Jane will have access to it, and therefore can see Brunnhilde at any time. The problem is that B can't leave, which is why the description says that Jane will be on her own most of the time. She can't ask her advice in the middle of a battle, for example.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Her costume looks good and I think Valkyrie feels like a better fit for her than Thor. I'm hoping she gets her own rogues and supporting cast than just using thor's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.
    Given how much of a cash cow the MCU is along with Marvel's belief that the comics need to reflect the movies instead of vice versa i would say that prediction will be spot on...which makes me feel quite sad tbh but thems the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Given how much of a cash cow the MCU is along with Marvel's belief that the comics need to reflect the movies instead of vice versa i would say that prediction will be spot on...which makes me feel quite sad tbh but thems the breaks.
    Hm have you not read the rest of the thread? lol. The book is not about MCU Valkyrie, is about Jane Foster.

Yeah, and Jane is NOT likely to be showing up again in the MCU any time soon. Natalie Portman just doesn't seem to be interested.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, and Jane is NOT likely to be showing up again in the MCU any time soon. Natalie Portman just doesn't seem to be interested.
    what a blessing that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly I don’t see why Natalie Portman effects Jane Foster’s appearances in the MCU. Just do what they did with Rhodey and Bruce Banner and recast her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly I don’t see why Natalie Portman effects Jane Foster’s appearances in the MCU. Just do what they did with Rhodey and Bruce Banner and recast her.
    Exactly. A recast shouldn't be a problem.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    True, they could do that. But I don't know if anyone care enough about MCU Jane Foster to bother recasting her. I'm not sure anyone really missed her when she didn't appear in THOR III or any of the AVENGERS films.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    True, they could do that. But I don't know if anyone care enough about MCU Jane Foster to bother recasting her. I'm not sure anyone really missed her when she didn't appear in THOR III or any of the AVENGERS films.
    Well to be fair, no one’s love interests besides Tony and Steve’s have appeared outside of their solo movies. Ironically in this case, both Thor and Bruce’s have heroic identities these days.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Her costume looks good and I think Valkyrie feels like a better fit for her than Thor. I'm hoping she gets her own rogues and supporting cast than just using thor's.
    Her Thor run brought her closer to me than all her previous appearances.
    This Valkyrie update convinced me to finish up my buying
    On her hard cover deluxe run when volume 3 comes out
    I hope her Valkyrie run is as good, than I will get the trade (s)