Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I don't have a horse in this race seeing as I may or may not pick up Valkyrie.

However only having a logo is nothing new. Comics are developed months in advance in order to avoid delays and Valkyrie is shipping post-June assuming it's spinning out of War of the Realms so it has time to develop. There are two writers on the book meaning we've got a recipe for this to get out on time despite three months being between now and whenever this shows up. That is of course assuming it's out right after War of the Realms, else why announce it now? Cover artists are not always the same as interior artists and so it's not unheard for their to be work done on a book but not on a cover.

That being said it could also be spoilers.

A cover can reveal a lot and so if it is a new Valkyrie it could spoil who that is in War of the Realms especially if its spinning out of that. No better way to defuse tension than to know damn well who is going to make it out alive. If it is the standard Valkyrie then it could easily be a case of not having a cover to show but a logo which isn't unheard of.
    Multiversity Comics tweeted CB said it will launch this July already, so it certainly would have at least some character sketches or a non-colored cover to show if they wanted to. Of course it doesn't necessarily mean it's a new Valkyrie, but it's very likely they didn't show anything intentionally.

Are they gonna change her color?

BANNED

I'm pretty excited for this. While Aaron's work has varied in quality imo, I think Ewing is a really strong writer and I think they could do some really fun things post-War of the Realms. I would assume that Brunnhilde/Annabelle Riggs is the titular character, but I suppose there is room for it to be someone else given we've no covers or as of yet. Exiles Valkyire is busy AFAIK, but Dani Moonstar and Jane Foster are possibly available come July.

I always thought a Valkyries team would be great to be honest. Make that Brunnhilde, Exiles Valkyrie, Angela, Sif, Dani Moonstar & Jane Foster and it'd be a pretty solid team book if you ask me

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm pretty excited for this. While Aaron's work has varied in quality imo, I think Ewing is a really strong writer and I think they could do some really fun things post-War of the Realms. I would assume that Brunnhilde/Annabelle Riggs is the titular character, but I suppose there is room for it to be someone else given we've no covers or as of yet. Exiles Valkyire is busy AFAIK, but Dani Moonstar and Jane Foster are possibly available come July.

I always thought a Valkyries team would be great to be honest. Make that Brunnhilde, Exiles Valkyrie, Angela, Sif, Dani Moonstar & Jane Foster and it'd be a pretty solid team book if you ask me
    Don't forget Lorelei, she is a warrior-sorceress too, at least she was/is in Loki: Agent of Asgard book and Civil War II: Gods of War.

An Ewing series is always worth giving a try, even if it may feature Annabelle Riggs.
    Of course, the dream would be Dani Moonstar as Valkyrie, rescued from the X-Books.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    An Ewing series is always worth giving a try, even if it may feature Annabelle Riggs.
    Of course, the dream would be Dani Moonstar as Valkyrie, rescued from the X-Books.
    I would have liked an Enchantress (don't matter which Enchantress it was) book by Ewing following his Loki: Agent of Asgard book but a Valkyrie book it would be nice.

It's been confirmed as Jane Foster:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=66249413

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

This is almost as good as her Thor design, but I don't like that I can see her eyes.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

thought it would b her, nice. Though I do suspect her becoming a Valkyrie involves some tragedy. (besides what happened to the Valkyries this week)

Incredible Member

At least she ain't gonna be Thor again which is what I was afraid Aaron was gonna pull.

aw shucks I wonder what jane is going to play like in dissidia nt! thank you, squeenix!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    There is absolutely nothing to suggest that this is anyone other than the standard 616 Valk. Indeed the way the announcement was made, she is clearly a major player in WotR. This is not Jane and not alt-Valk.
    It’s Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's been confirmed as Jane Foster:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=66249413

I knew it .

I dunno how to feel about this. Maybe I should be glad they're not trying to make her Thor again so we have two Thor's and OG!Thor has to deal with being Thor again with Jane Foster as Thor, although I don't think a Jane Foster Valkyrie book is going to be as popular as she was during her Thor tenure.

I'm curious if Ewing with Aaron will depict Jane like Aaron did and carry over the same themes of her Thor tenure. Obviously Jane doesn't have the cancer eating away at her anymore, so will she be an even more unstoppable force of female empowerment and heroism? Will there be a contrast to when she had Thor's powers and classic personality?

Feel bad for Brunnhilde though. She's basically getting turned into a spiritual advisor and with MCU Valkyrie and Jane it feels like she's getting phased out sooner rather then later .
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This is almost as good as her Thor design, but I don't like that I can see her eyes.
    Honestly it doesn't feel as striking or as powerful as her Thor design, but I guess it would be hard to top it.

Dautermann's depiction looked really good though.

Extraordinary Member

Are they going to pull some kind of "The Last of Valkyries" arc?

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I knew it .

I dunno how to feel about this. Maybe I should be glad they're not trying to make her Thor again so we have two Thor's and OG!Thor has to deal with being Thor again with Jane Foster as Thor, although I don't think a Jane Foster Valkyrie book is going to be as popular as she was during her Thor tenure.

I'm curious if Ewing with Aaron will depict Jane like Aaron did and carry over the same themes of her Thor tenure. Obviously Jane doesn't have the cancer eating away at her anymore, so will she be an even more unstoppable force of female empowerment and heroism? Will there be a contrast to when she had Thor's powers and classic personality?

Feel bad for Brunnhilde though. She's basically getting turned into a spiritual advisor and with MCU Valkyrie and Jane it feels like she's getting phased out sooner rather then later .

Honestly it doesn't feel as striking or as powerful as her Thor design, but I guess it would be hard to top it.

Dautermann's depiction looked really good though.
    Maybe Ewing will actually give her some character flaws.