Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 263

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15,841

    Default Valkyrie solo book announced by Jason Aaron and Al Ewing

    Jason Aaron and Al Ewing co-writing Valkyrie.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...ealed-at-c2e2/

  2. #2
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,431

    Default

    wow expect another destruction.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    And seeing a Valkyrie book means that is very doubtful they will remember or addresing the Enchantress in the story, retconning everything regarding Valkyrie entire story.

    This will be ridiculous ignoring that without the Enchantress, The Valkyrie can't exist because it is a very important part in the story.


    MCU Valkyrie, well, they can do whatever thing they want.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 03-23-2019 at 02:58 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,003

    Default

    I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

    Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,525

    Default

    Al Ewing writing Valkyrie...YES!!!

    Jason Aaron writing Valkyrie...NO!!! NO, NO, NOOOO!!!! Keep him FAR AWAY From the character or ANY Marvel Character. He already so much of Thor...DO NOT GIVE HIM THE LAST BIT OF GOOD THOR CHARACTER. I MEAN HE IGNORED BALDER THE BRAVE THROUGHOUT HIS ENTIRE THOR RUN. I rather TRUST HIM FAR AS I CAN THROW HIM in terms of RESPECTING MARVEL CHARACTERS AND THEIR HISTORY!!!

  6. #6
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Wouldn't surprise me at all if Aaron turns Jane Foster into a valkyrie during the WOTR event and this new series is all about her. Can see it now, Jane Foster the best valkyrie ever. But maybe I'm wrong and its about the Valkyrie we really want to see in a ongoing. Fingers crossed.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

    Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.
    Doubt it. That would more than likely have been by Saladin Ahmed, who introduced her to the comics in Exiles. Besides, we know this spins off from War of the Realms, which the MCU inspired Val isn't involved in.

    It can only be Brunnhilde, unless becoming a Valkyrie is how we get Jane!Thor back. The fact we haven't seen a cover does make me suspect something is up.

    If it IS Brunnhilde, then we can assume Asgardians of the Galaxy is cancelled.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Aaron, I'll skip it then

  9. #9
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Al Ewing has become the writer that everyone wants to be writing their fave, so this has got to be great for Valkyrie fans. I can't complain about him returning to Asgardian characters -- maybe we'll see some follow-up to his ideas from Agent of Asgard.

  10. #10
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doubt it. That would more than likely have been by Saladin Ahmed, who introduced her to the comics in Exiles. Besides, we know this spins off from War of the Realms, which the MCU inspired Val isn't involved in.

    It can only be Brunnhilde, unless becoming a Valkyrie is how we get Jane!Thor back. The fact we haven't seen a cover does make me suspect something is up.

    If it IS Brunnhilde, then we can assume Asgardians of the Galaxy is cancelled.
    I thought it might be a new Jane book too, to be honest.

  11. #11
    Incredible Member GrandEleven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

    If it IS Brunnhilde, then we can assume Asgardians of the Galaxy is cancelled.
    This.

    I remember people saying Asgaurdians was intended as a limited run from the begining with a "we'll see" about converting it to an ongoing. It wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if they clean it up after the War of the Realms is up. It would be very utilitarian of Angela anyway, so it's an easy story to write. Besides, you could argue that the whole book is an expermient with thier lesser known IP to see what books could be launched (I was expecting an ANgela return honestly, but with recent focus Valkyrie makes sense).

    I liked Aaron's writng of Jane/Thor. I've _loved_ the work Ewing is doing on Immortal Hulk. I think someone like Ewing will make sure history is respected, whereas Aaron has a nack for the epic tale. The two together could make a very strong book. Ill be keeping an eye out.

  12. #12
    Incredible Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the book is about Brunnhilde, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an MCU Valkyrie book.

    Aaron and Ewing? That's an...interesting combination given how different their writing sensibilities are.
    Given how much of a cash cow the MCU is along with Marvel's belief that the comics need to reflect the movies instead of vice versa i would say that prediction will be spot on...which makes me feel quite sad tbh but thems the breaks.

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    9,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Given how much of a cash cow the MCU is along with Marvel's belief that the comics need to reflect the movies instead of vice versa i would say that prediction will be spot on...which makes me feel quite sad tbh but thems the breaks.
    Hm have you not read the rest of the thread? lol. The book is not about MCU Valkyrie, is about Jane Foster.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    And seeing a Valkyrie book means that is very doubtful they will remember or addresing the Enchantress in the story, retconning everything regarding Valkyrie entire story.

    This will be ridiculous ignoring that without the Enchantress, The Valkyrie can't exist because it is a very important part in the story.
    If anyone is aware of the history of Valkyrie as a character, it's certainly Al Ewing. That being said, the idea that Amora created Valkyrie was retconned decades ago. The Enchantress is responsible for bringing her back to life/freeing her, but that's it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    If anyone is aware of the history of Valkyrie as a character, it's certainly Al Ewing. That being said, the idea that Amora created Valkyrie was retconned decades ago. The Enchantress is responsible for bringing her back to life/freeing her, but that's it.
    As I said, I trust on Ewing, he knows what to do, with Aaron I can be never sure.

    Ignore the Enchantress in a bad way, means reduce her to the minimum, not give importance or know the relationship of both and change everything because of the sake of it and to fit in the story they want to tell is to spit directly into continuity and practically is to destroy in a bad way the story of a character like the Valkyrie and directly is to leave the Enchantress as someone who has neither the secondary category or leave her in a worse situation than any villain of third category or lower, when she is supposed to be the most popular and first female villain of Marvel.

    Busiek tried to do something in his time in the Defenders when he put Lorelei in the middle (ignoring the fact that she was supposedly dead) without the latter having any relationship with the Valkyries.

    I understand that perhaps I have no justification in criticizing something that has not yet been seen, since this is only an announcement (well, also it was last year when it was assumed that they would do something with Citizen V and then never came to see).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •