Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    as many others have expressed, Jane becoming a Valkyrie would be perfectly fine, and actually makes more sense than being Thor, but WHY WHY WHY did aaron just throw Brunnhilde under the bus with an absolute spoilers:
    random, cheap and garbage death just to create hype for the new valk story
    end of spoilers? Brunnhilde deserves a million times more than this (not to mention the rest of the Valkyrie just being discarded as well) and you can EASILY have Jane become Valk and keep Brunnhilde around >:

Jane's valk design is great and her new weapon looks interesting... but I literally just cannot handle how hard aaron has pushed jane into the thor mythos especially at the expense of other characters.... not to mention how she just casually got the All-Mother mantle cause of her "wisdom" while Sif is just standing RIGHT THERE, obviously 30-something year old woman > legendary asgardian warrior right aaron -_- at this rate, i'm half expecting jane to get the odinforce sometime soon...
    I agree it kinda sucks... but we are talking about a character who has already died 2-3 times. So the silver lining being these sort of things don't tend to stick.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I agree it kinda sucks... but we are talking about a character who has already died 2-3 times. So the silver lining being these sort of things don't tend to stick.
    sigh... ya i know, but really it's just how damn cheap her death was... andthat it was only done to try and hype up aaron's love jane as the new Valkyrie :/

But ya, silver lining is there indeed and we can only hope Brunnhilde gets a writer who actually cares about the thor mythos as a whole than just one character that aaron is in love with, and she comes back soon~

Brunnhilde would have been a much better choice.

Jane had absolutely no relevance since when... Lee days???

she was brought back by Dan Jurgens but she was barely involved at all.

JMS had her but she was barely relevant at all.

and yet Aaron gave her everything.

but hey, let's slaughter the entire unit of Valkyries in the most unspectacular fashion that I could only be disappointed just so Jane can be become a Valkyrie.

I can already see Odin dying and giving some speech about how Jane is awesome and how wrong he was and BANG he makes her a Valkyrie.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-28-2019 at 03:30 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    and yet Aaron gave her everything.
    I legit think he's in love with her.... it's the only reason I can think of for a writer to literally **** on an entire comic's mythos in favour of one character, forcing and giving her everything.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I can already see Odin dying and giving some speech about how Jane is awesome and how wrong he was and BANG he makes her a Valkyrie.
    yup, this is 100% gonna happen, already got Freya bowing to jane's awesomeness and making her the all-mother, Odin is next.... aaron already had Odin groveling at Jane's feet when she died, now it's time to all out.

Hell, if aaron was staying on Thor comics longer that he is, I could also easily see Jane getting the odinforce as well, cause why the fck not eh. Aaron has already made her the best of all gods in literally every possible aspect, why not go all the way~
    Last edited by voidox; 04-28-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

What is happening to the original?

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Read War of the Realms 2, last pages and you will know it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    ALL the valkyries, were spoilers:
    killed off-panel
    end of spoilers... Brunnhilde got her spoilers:
    death shown but it was an absolute random and cheap death
    end of spoilers that was done for no reason but to try and hype Jane as new Valk.

I legit think he's in love with her.... it's the only reason I can think of for a writer to literally **** on an entire comic's mythos in favour of one character, forcing and giving her everything.

yup, this is 100% gonna happen, already got Freya bowing to jane's awesomeness and making her the all-mother, Odin is next.... aaron already had Odin groveling at Jane's feet when she died, now it's time to all out.

Hell, if aaron was staying on Thor comics longer that he is, I could also easily see Jane getting the odinforce as well, cause why the fck not eh. Aaron has already made her the best of all gods in literally every possible aspect, why not go all the way~
    she will become TOAA at this point.

Extraordinary Member

ALL the valkyries, were spoilers:
    killed off-panel
    end of spoilers... Brunnhilde got her spoilers:
    death shown but it was an absolute random and cheap death
    end of spoilers that was done for no reason but to try and hype Jane as new Valk.
    Wow I need to see that.

Mighty Member

Default so I read the about the new Valkyrie

and with Asgardians of the Galaxy, a new Jane Foster Valkyrie series and even a Loki solo series after War of the Realms? Man, why can't they just have the Asgardians as strong supporting characters in the main Thor title? What's next? An Odin/Sif teamup series? An Odin solo series? Now I know why Jason Aaron is leaving the Thor book, because he wants to write Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    and with Asgardians of the Galaxy, a new Jane Foster Valkyrie series and even a Loki solo series after War of the Realms? Man, why can't they just have the Asgardians as strong supporting characters in the main Thor title? What's next? An Odin/Sif teamup series? An Odin solo series? Now I know why Jason Aaron is leaving the Thor book, because he wants to write Jane.
    Maybe because Marvel thinks there's potential for them to become strong LEADING characters. Especially if they received strong positive reaction from fans after work was put into them as supporting characters.

What I want to know is, why do fans like you seem to be so threatened by popular supporting characters becoming lead characters?

Valkyrie is Ewing's book first and the problem with Thor's supporting cast for decades and decades is that most of them don't grow or develop. When the premise of Thor is that there are nine realms apart from our own and there are all these characters, more space to explore them is justified. Especially in this decade now that the realms are actually all clearly-defined places for the first time.
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 04-28-2019 at 05:56 AM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It also helps that recent Loki books like AoA and JiM are better than most of the Thor comics in existence.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Actually, he's just co-writing the Valkyrie book, and if it's anything like the last time he and Ewing co-wrote a book, he's probably just plotting it out while Ewing scripts it, and he may end up handing it over to Ewing after the first arc or so.

And... why not give them solos? I don't get your thoughts on this. Especially since it's not even some new thing, they've given Asgardians besides Thor solos before. Loki's had one before, kinda 2, if you count Gillen's JIM. (and Sif after him in that) more if you count a few minis. Jane has her fans too, despite what some around here would have you believe. I don't get the big deal here. Isn't it a good thing that they have enough interest to expand the Asgard side of things and give some of the other Asgardian characters and their fans a book? I think it would be fun to see them do more, though dunno if they can support much more than they are doing come July. I mean, are you going to complain about X-Men getting solos? Sure they're probably not going to sell as well as the main book, but worth a shot, imo.

Mighty Member

It's not that I feel threatened it's that it's too many books to follow. Sometimes it's better to keep it simple. That's what Stan Lee Walt Simonsson, and up until 2014, Jason Aaron did. You can write good supporting characters without them feeling short-shifted in the Thor title. Look at the X-books, what a mess. Jane Foster has been a key character and love interest in Thor since 1962 as have the Asgardians which includes Loki, and I'd like to see how those relationships and dynamic changes within Thor. Now, to find out what they're up to, I have to put down Thor and read those titles, instead of reading them in his own book. Just to compare, you don't see a Thunderbolt Ross book on the shelves, and Marvel dropped the MJ/Peter Parker relationship.