Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did they though? Jane was the only Thor up until she couldn't anymore and that's when Thor took his name back because prior he was just the "Odinson" (as silly as that is).
    There was War Thor(Volstagg), and Odinson is also kinda a Thor.(He was at least alive and kicking)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did they though? Jane was the only Thor up until she couldn't anymore and that's when Thor took his name back because prior he was just the "Odinson" (as silly as that is).
    Well, there was this...

Will Jane get to meet Dani Moonstar? how many other earth women have been granted Valkyrie powers?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Aside from Samantha Parrington (duplicated Brunnhilde's body) and Barbara Norris (exchanged bodies with Brunnhilde), none to my knowledge.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

it's a different thing when you have different Thor's from different timeline.

but purposely giving yourself name to others and losing it is another thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, there was this...

Ah yes. The Thor Corps. .

(I'm really glad they didn't try to make that into a book post-Secret Wars).

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Oh Jesus. No one cares about Brunnhilde or Sif lmao.
    Obviously, you didn't ask anyone, cause there are plenty of people who care about Brunnhilde and Sif. Especially Sif. I always thought Thor was an idiot for even looking at Jane Foster, while Sif was around. And no. I haven't read the Aaron Jane Foster stuff yet, but every Jane Foster before that simply did not impress me. At all.

And I can't believe they've killed off Val to replace her with Jane Foster.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Obviously, you didn't ask anyone, cause there are plenty of people who care about Brunnhilde and Sif. Especially Sif. I always thought Thor was an idiot for even looking at Jane Foster, while Sif was around. And no. I haven't read the Aaron Jane Foster stuff yet, but every Jane Foster before that simply did not impress me. At all.

And I can't believe they've killed off Val to replace her with Jane Foster.
    This is my sentiment as well. Nothing about the Jane character really ever "caught on" with me. She and Lois Lane are two of my least favorite supporting characters. I dont hate Jane but she's just not my cup of tea. It was a real let down to me to find out this new book is about her and not starring Brunnhilde. But I guess she has her fans so hopefully this will be something they can enjoy.

I too really, really, really care about Brunhilde Valkyrie and Sif.

Those early stories of Thor going to Midgard and seeing Jane over Sif I viewed as a petulant child who runs away to do what they know they should not, but do it anyway.

Brunhilde gets the short end of the sword because she should be featured, not Jane Valkyrie. That really makes me mad that they killed "Val" off for this stupid idea. Brunhilde Valkyrie is not someone who should just be a "shell" for others to wear! She is an Asgardian demi-goddess! That was a plot that the Enchantress used 45+ years ago. Can't these writers of today come up with their own ideas and stories? I am so tired if them ignoring great characters, ruining them and/or killing them!!

I would have preferred MCU Valkyrie getting the spot than Jane.

Granted I think you work in a different superhero name for Jane and the other Valkyrie recruits. They all could give each different call-signs in order to differentiate themselves.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-29-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Will Jane get to meet Dani Moonstar? how many other earth women have been granted Valkyrie powers?
    There should be an issue where Jane, Dani, and Exiles!Valkyrie have a night out.

Someone needs to remember that the Exiles actually ended up in 616 and are therefore still around, first.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Someone needs to remember that the Exiles actually ended up in 616 and are therefore still around, first.
    Depends upon the timeline of their book and or any future books. Lets just assume that Valkyrie was in another universe at the time and not worry about her until she turns up again.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    This is my sentiment as well. Nothing about the Jane character really ever "caught on" with me. She and Lois Lane are two of my least favorite supporting characters. I dont hate Jane but she's just not my cup of tea. It was a real let down to me to find out this new book is about her and not starring Brunnhilde. But I guess she has her fans so hopefully this will be something they can enjoy.
    Well, Jane does have fans, and I'm sure they are happy. I just wish their happiness didn't have come at the expense of other fans, especially those so dismissive of them.

For me, Jane was a typical female character of the time, a cliche of the romance novels. She was a nurse mooning over a doctor / god. Yes, I realize that was decades ago, and Aaron probably wrote her differently. But that was the Jane Foster I read about for decades. Meanwhile, Sif and Val were WARRIOR WOMEN, from the get go! They carried swords, jumped into the fight, and whupped butt, just like the guys! In the early 70s, how could I not be blinded by their awesomeness, when far too many female characters were like Jane.

And then, there was this panel with Val, and it was perfect! Even with her steel cone bikini, she was speaking the TRUTH that so many women knew and were fighting for. And Val forever won a place in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I too really, really, really care about Brunhilde Valkyrie and Sif.

Those early stories of Thor going to Midgard and seeing Jane over Sif I viewed as a petulant child who runs away to do what they know they should not, but do it anyway.

Brunhilde gets the short end of the sword because she should be featured, not Jane Valkyrie. That really makes me mad that they killed "Val" off for this stupid idea. Brunhilde Valkyrie is not someone who should just be a "shell" for others to wear! She is an Asgardian demi-goddess! That was a plot that the Enchantress used 45+ years ago. Can't these writers of today come up with their own ideas and stories? I am so tired if them ignoring great characters, ruining them and/or killing them!!
    Yep. Thor definitely didn't deserve Sif. And agreed. I'm just not that fond of replacement characters.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    There should be an issue where Jane, Dani, and Exiles!Valkyrie have a night out.
    Does the MU even acknowledge that the Exiles run exists because if so, I first want to see Cap meet Peggy.