Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I actually think that Aaron and Ewing do good work together. Even if they write things that are at odds with each other, they do a good job of complementing each other.
    I definitely think as a partnership they can improve on and help in the areas where the other is lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Two of Marvel's top creators on a Brunnhilde book would be wild, fam. Hope Jane's new design is as good as her Thor.
    If it's Jane, I'd expect something pretty close to her Thor design.

I love Jane Foster, but I really hope she's not the star of this book, it should be 616 Brunnhilde.

Her looking like the most absolute baller bad bih in all ten realms or not is what will make the difference between me buying the book or reading it on Unlimited.

Or if they remember she's tight with Falcon, which apparently Jason, who wrote scenes of them together, has forgotten. I think Falcon has been One More Day'd out of the minds of the company tbh.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Brunnhilde I hope.

if it's Jane then I can already predict what will happen.

Does Jane really need to hijack another identity?

Wait, don't answer that .

I can’t wait to see what this is about!

Her looking like the most absolute baller bad bih in all ten realms or not is what will make the difference between me buying the book or reading it on Unlimited.

Or if they remember she's tight with Falcon, which apparently Jason, who wrote scenes of them together, has forgotten. I think Falcon has been One More Day'd out of the minds of the company tbh.
    Who the hell is Fahl Cone?

Can't wait to see Jane Foster as Valkyrie.

Went with Jane. I doubt Brunnhilde is getting a solo, although I'd gladly take that L.

Sooo...is Valkyrie going to carry a hammer? I wouldn't put it past Aaron.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I hope it's a team book about the Valkyrior, with Brunnhilde (and Annabelle, I guess), Hildegarde, Dani Moonstar, MCU!Val and whoever else might be a Valkyrie. It'd be cool if they brought back some of the classic, forgotten Valkyries like Valtrauta and Krista as well. I feel like there isn't enough emphasis on the Valkyries as a team, even though they are supposed to be one. So let's make a book about that!

Anyway, I'm pretty excited. Ewing tends to nail everything he writers and Aaron wrote what was, for me, the best female solo title in the last few years, so I'm looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It can only be Brunnhilde, unless becoming a Valkyrie is how we get Jane!Thor back. The fact we haven't seen a cover does make me suspect something is up.
    Jane becoming a Valkyrie has been kind of a popular theory among fans for a while now. I actually thought The Death Of Mighty Thor was the perfect story for them to do that, and right now it feels like it's kinda too late. I'd be more inclined to see Jane as simply Doctor Jane Foster, a kickass human lady going on adventures throughout the ten realms to save and help people in need. Not sure if that would sell, though, so I understand if they feel like making her a Valkyrie is a more commercial move.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The lack of a picture of her suggests that they will retcon her into looking like the MCU version without explanation.
    No, it doesn't. There is already an MCU-inspired Valkyrie in the comics and Brunnhilde wasn't affected at all by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It's not really hijacking an identity when Valkyrie is literally a title given to multiple people.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-23-2019 at 08:33 PM.

In the least Valkyrie is more a title than an actual name. There's supposed to be more than one. If Jane starts going by Brunhilda, then we know she's up to her old tricks again.

If she does, I'm gonna have top start wondering if that's her secret superpower.

BANNED

If it were solely Al Ewing writing, I'd be anticipating this series. But the fact that Jason Aaron is on as co-writer kind of makes me want to skip it. Also, will it involve Annabelle/Brunnhilde or is this Jane Foster? I'm very hesitant on this series, to be honest. I kind of wish Cullen Bunn was on it instead. Loved his Fearless Defenders and Fear Itself: The Fearless.