Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I don't get the issues with that, as it was revealed to be an actual character regardless.
    Fan of the story, not a fan of the execution. Hoping that Aaron’s tendency to keep subtext where it belongs will temper this approach that Ewing often has.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least that makes it more plausible for her to go by then when she took the "Thor" name.
    Brunnhilde: Jane, I'm no longer worthy of my name. I officially give you my name.
    Jane: I'm honored.

Jane flies off with an evil smile.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that this is anyone other than the standard 616 Valk. Indeed the way the announcement was made, she is clearly a major player in WotR. This is not Jane and not alt-Valk.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    There is absolutely nothing to suggest that this is anyone other than the standard 616 Valk. Indeed the way the announcement was made, she is clearly a major player in WotR. This is not Jane and not alt-Valk.
    You may be absolutely right. The fact that no cover or promo art’s been shown has me suspicious.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Brunnhilde: Jane, I'm no longer worthy of my name. I officially give you my name.
    Jane: I'm honored.

Jane flies off with an evil smile.
    I wonder how long will it take until we get Spider-Man!Jane Foster...

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    I wonder how long will it take until we get Spider-Man!Jane Foster...
    Well, we have Miles, we have Spider-Gwen and multiple more from infinite universes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Well, we have Miles, we have Spider-Gwen and multiple more from infinite universes.
    I... I was trying to make a joke.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I... I was trying to make a joke.
    No problem, it's pretty sure that Spider-Jane could exist very soon.

Spectacular Member

I wish I had your confidence but:
    1) It is a book written by two very popular writers starring... Brunhilde? I mean, when was the last time Marvel has given such big names to write a lesser-known character (legacy heroes aside)? It would be quite odd

2) Aaron is probably the one who pitched the book to Marvel. If this is Brunhilda then it means he really wants to write her, but in 7 years he barely wrote her in his Thor run even though he easily could. On the other hand, he turned a book starred by Jane Foster into a best-seller and we know he regards the character a lot. So we know he loves Jane, but we have no idea if he cares about Valkyrie at all.

3) "Valkyrie" is a name that actually doesn't belong only to one character. As far as we know, it could as well be Dani Moonstar in there and it's not like that wouldn't make sense

4) Aaron has said he has big plans for Jane, which likely means he will write her again as a superhero

5) We have no art

I ABSOLUTELY want this to be Brunhilde. The first Valkyrie ongoing deserves to be starred by her and it's been a long time coming, but with all these factors I listed it's no surprise why everyone is suspicious it isn't her.
    Last edited by DoctorWho; 03-24-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Yeah, if it's Brunnhilde, there's no reason not to show a cover. But if it's Jane, the cover would obviously be a spoiler. And that's a good point, Aaron hasn't even been using the classic Valkyrie - she was in Fearless Defenders and Asgardians of the Galaxy instead. The only thing I can safely say is that it's not Tessa Thompson's Val. But you can see why we're suspicious. They're hiding something!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if it's Brunnhilde, there's no reason not to show a cover. But if it's Jane, the cover would obviously be a spoiler. And that's a good point, Aaron hasn't even been using the classic Valkyrie - she was in Fearless Defenders and Asgardians of the Galaxy instead. The only thing I can safely say is that it's not Tessa Thompson's Val. But you can see why we're suspicious. They're hiding something!
    Go and read what the journalists that were there have posted. This is Brunnhilde. It isn’t even worth speculating otherwise.

I would be fine with it being Jane. It just isn’t.

There probably just isn’t a cover.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-24-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Spectacular Member

Go and read what the journalists that were there have posted. This is Brunnhilde. It isn’t even worth speculating otherwise.

I would be fine with it being Jane. It just isn’t.

There probably just isn’t a cover.
    What journalists are you referring to specifically? No one confirmed anything as far as I've seen

What journalists are you referring to specifically? No one confirmed anything as far as I've seen
    During the announcement, as the logo was flashed up, CB took to opportunity to confirm that Valkyrie was going to play a major part in WotR. It would make no sense to highlight this fact which is clearly confirmed by multiple covers, if it isn’t the same Valk.

Sure some may think that’s not proof but that’s not how they operate. The theory that it is Jane is being pushed by people that don’t like Aaron and or Jane and literally nobody else.

Spectacular Member

During the announcement, as the logo was flashed up, CB took to opportunity to confirm that Valkyrie was going to play a major part in WotR. It would make no sense to highlight this fact which is clearly confirmed by multiple covers, if it isn’t the same Valk.

Sure some may think that’s not proof but that’s not how they operate. The theory that it is Jane is being pushed by people that don’t like Aaron and or Jane and literally nobody else.
    Well, fair enough, and I hope you're right. But I really love Aaron's work AND Jane, and I just didn't see enough evidence to assure it is Brunhilde.

iMan 42s

I don't have a horse in this race seeing as I may or may not pick up Valkyrie.

However only having a logo is nothing new. Comics are developed months in advance in order to avoid delays and Valkyrie is shipping post-June assuming it's spinning out of War of the Realms so it has time to develop. There are two writers on the book meaning we've got a recipe for this to get out on time despite three months being between now and whenever this shows up. That is of course assuming it's out right after War of the Realms, else why announce it now? Cover artists are not always the same as interior artists and so it's not unheard for their to be work done on a book but not on a cover.

That being said it could also be spoilers.

A cover can reveal a lot and so if it is a new Valkyrie it could spoil who that is in War of the Realms especially if its spinning out of that. No better way to defuse tension than to know damn well who is going to make it out alive. If it is the standard Valkyrie then it could easily be a case of not having a cover to show but a logo which isn't unheard of.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.