Page 11 of 212 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    X

Could this be X or Xavier related? Magneto is looking at Xavier oddly. Sitting next to him may be the Scarlet Witch. Has he used his powers to manipulate her to make HIS world? Or Is this X playing in Fantomexs “world?”

It looks like Rogue has become Amalgham/Legacy and absorbed Collossus, Magic, Dani and possibly psylocke.

Gambit looks likes he’s absorbed Azazel and Shaman. Or this could just be a nod to the Infinity Warps revisit coming.

Definitely interesting.
    Worth noting that Hickman pointed out that the Powers Of X "X" was the Roman numeral.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    What makes Hickman so special again?
    He writes carefully planned long-form stories that unfold over the course of years. It'll be the first time since like 2005 that the X-books feel like they have a cohesive plan and vision.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I"m not too worried (yet) about Polaris and the other missing characters. I'll wait till I learn more...
    Yep, no need to prejudge & get all worked up, over an initial promo image.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Can we not reopen this "all brunette women who have two braids are Dani and one braid are Trinary" debacle?
    Didn't know that's what I was doin'. Especially since I never opened it originally, but only scoffed at it. Also, there's no braids, just hair tied on either side. Which has been the only reason cited, for people believin' it might be a version of Dani, I think. (Upon a second look, unlike Moonstar's usual, the back of the hair's also tied.)

With that said, I'm actually leanin' more towards the bookend, amalgam characters bein' Gambit & Rogue, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    ... Hickman did a great job to Sunspot and look, there's no reference here.

It's impossible to judge the story by a single image or bc your favorite character is not at it.

Cool down.
    Yeah, jumpin' to conclusions at this point, is premature.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Worth noting that Hickman pointed out that the Powers Of X "X" was the Roman numeral.
    Yep, it's HoX/Po10.

BANNED

Toddler Havok is...

...ok well it’s Hickman, so I’m in.

P.S. I see Blink.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    He writes carefully planned long-form stories that unfold over the course of years. It'll be the first time since like 2005 that the X-books feel like they have a cohesive plan and vision.
    But will editors let that finally happen? It seems higher ups are determined to constantly do relaunches and never let a writer have time to work on a story.

Bunn is a writer who likes to set things up over the course of time & do long-term stuff, but he keeps getting cock blocked & having his stuff cut short & interrupted by editorial mandates.

It just seems the current X-Office is not one with doing long-term things but rather jumping to whatever they think can be the next big thing, every 6 months - 1 year.

Seems like Hickman is basically doing a 12 issue arc, in two parts, that will set the tone for the X-line for the foreseeable future. Doesn’t seem like he’s going to need years for this. Just a few months.

While it is a very pretty and interesting image, it is still far too early to have any kind of reaction to this. Positive or negative.

I eagerly await more details!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

yeah, I guess bendis didn't really have much of a vision in the long run did he, his run ended on a dud.

I am a real fan of Mark Brooks. Amazing artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    But will editors let that finally happen? It seems higher ups are determined to constantly do relaunches and never let a writer have time to work on a story.

Bunn is a writer who likes to set things up over the course of time & do long-term stuff, but he keeps getting cock blocked & having his stuff cut short & interrupted by editorial mandates.

It just seems the current X-Office is not one with doing long-term things but rather jumping to whatever they think can be the next big thing, every 6 months - 1 year.
    They didn't hire him to interfere with him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    No Gambit, no Rogue, no Sunspot, no Cannonball, no Magik, no Jubilee and no Young X-men ? No interesting!
    I don’t think this is the line up. I think Sunspot will be in it given that J White said Sunspot would be appearing in three different titles coming up. He is going to appear in New Mutants War of the Realms final issue. I think the other 2 books he is referring to may be these.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Thank you :-)
    Actually scratch the glowing cocoons, They weren't there, I may be misremembering or recalling a different artistic rendition of the event not included in the original issue, but the floor still makes me think of Krakoa
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

They didn't hire him to interfere with him.
    That's what they did with Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That's what they did with Morrison.
    i wish they had stopped Morrison a bit...