Page 42 of 212 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    On BleedingCool one theory on the teaser image of House of X/ Power of X is canned;

AiPT!: Angel Alexander‏ was wondering if the two mutants in the front corners of the image are future children of X-Men members.

Jordan: That seems like a good theory. They are new characters you’ll be seeing more of when the books hit the stands in July. I will say, they are not “Infinity Warps” style mash-ups, as some people had theorized.

We also do not have to worry about absent characters. X-23, Kitty and Rogue were on it, but had to make room for Apocalypse and the doubles on Logan and Storm. He also said there are characters which will play important roles who are not on the teaser image.
    I just hope that Brand New characters won`t replace original Nightcrawler and Magik.

I don't understand the comments about the last 7 years being too nostalgia-ridden. Not much about Gold and Blue was anything close to the 90's, this is coming from someone who consumed all those books back then.

No, I think it's just an excuse to try something else because the X-Men sales have sucked for a long, long time. It's just lip service because they have to give lip service. It's become meaningless. What the execs don't realize is the culture is going to have to change at Marvel Entertainment and with it, a much bigger budget. A nostalgic 90's throwback should have done incredibly well...but calling a turd anything other than a turd just verifies that Marvel E still doesn't have it's **** together and won't for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 04-01-2019 at 07:50 AM.

BANNED

X-Men '92 was cancelled within a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Because it was a parody of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I don't understand the comments about the last 7 years being too nostalgia-ridden. Not much about Gold and Blue was anything close to the 90's, this is coming from someone who consumed all those books back then.

No, I think it's just an excuse to try something else because the X-Men sales have sucked for a long, long time. It's just lip service because they have to give lip service. It's become meaningless. What the execs don't realize is the culture is going to have to change at Marvel Entertainment and with it, a much bigger budget. A nostalgic 90's throwback should have done incredibly well...but calling a turd anything other than a turd just verifies that Marvel E still doesn't have it's **** together and won't for the foreseeable future.
    Agree. Gold and Blue have nothing from 90`s X-men except the names of books. And it was the biggest slap into face with just relaunching Extraordinary and All-New as Blue and Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post

Nostalgia isnt only about the 90s. Gold was centered around 80s nostalgia not 90s. Astonishing X-men and Generation X however were. I felt Blue was the 60s with a modern twist.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Agree. Gold and Blue have nothing from 90`s X-men except the names of books. And it was the biggest slap into face with just relaunching Extraordinary and All-New as Blue and Gold.
    I think Gold also had the all-star cast of the bigger Nostalgia characters.

Kurt
    Storm
    Logan (close to him as you could get)
    Kitty
    Rogue
    Iceman
    etc.

Then the nostalgia train charging in trying to revive KittyLossus. But when they fell through, the Nostalgia couple that got thrown out there was Rogue x Gambit.

But JDW says this stuff has been in works for a while behind the scenes, and a lot of stuff we're seeing now is set in place for Hickman's ship.

It's funny you mention that in this context because people gobbled up the 6 ish mini series and demanded more...then after the next 10 issues as things got sillier and sillier people started to realize it was all a joke. A gag or parody. I personally loved it initially during the Secret Wars tie-in and even with its rather cartoony nature it was a breath of fresh air. But I'd imagine most people just kinda got burned a bit because the readership knew they were being poked fun of. So the book of course ended.

BANNED

Because it was a parody of X-Men.
    Well, Gold was an unintentional parody of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nostalgia isnt only about the 90s. Gold was centered around 80s nostalgia not 90s. Astonishing X-men and Generation X however were. I felt Blue was the 60s with a modern twist.
    X-Force and MMX are also '90s nostalgia books.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think Gold also had the all-star cast of the bigger Nostalgia characters.

Kurt
    Storm
    Logan (close to him as you could get)
    Kitty
    Rogue
    Iceman
    etc.

Then the nostalgia train charging in trying to revive KittyLossus. But when they fell through, the Nostalgia couple that got thrown out there was Rogue x Gambit.

But JDW says this stuff has been in works for a while behind the scenes, and a lot of stuff we're seeing now is set in place for Hickman's ship.
    Rogue and Iceman were added much later and were only guests when the main team was locked up. The lineup Guggs chose was the exact one that Claremont had circa Uncanny X-men 200 minus Rogue

Just 2 satellite books with their own story that have nothing to do with main story of X franchise or no influence on it.

Just 2 satellite books with their own story that have nothing to do with main story of X franchise or no influence on it.
    That doesnt take away from the main point though especially since both spun out of main books and/or events

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well, Gold was an unintentional parody of X-Men.

Then bringing back the Weapon X series...though like GenX it was more an "In-name Only" type of deal.

But it brings some characters back to the front like Omega Red, Stryker, and Warpath.
    Sabretooth's character regression.
    And reviving Graydon of all things. A 90's retcon that nothing good came of. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-01-2019 at 08:29 AM.

BANNED

So that Azazel like character is actually a new character. So is the colossus like girl.

It's confirmed that Vulcan is coming back and so is Moira.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-01-2019 at 08:59 AM.

X-men Gold was pure nostalgia of CC original run.
    And it's one of the worst x-titles EVER.
    You read it thinking:
    - Hey, look, it's CC team.
    - Hey, it's a CC soap opera plot.
    - Hey, it's that obscure supporting character we haven't see since 1988.
    - Hey, it's all a pale version of CC work, because Guggenheim is a terrible writer and could never repeat Claremont's masterpiece work. Actually, not even CC could do this. It was a product of its time, and every attempt to repeat it would be frustrating.