Page 188 of 212 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Interesting theory… After all, according to Darwin, mutations that tend to stay in the gene pool are mutations that confer an advantage in survival.
    In 'Slan' written by Van Vogt, the next stage to evolution are humans kinder, cleverer, stronger, more stable emotionally and able to read minds on a planet not in very good shape (like nowadays…). I can see how it can give an advantage. Alas, the same as in 'X-men': they are hunted and feared…

But in X-men stories, almost mutations are different: what is in common between Angel and Jean? I fail to see how you can make a race of individuals so different… And for what advantage? Yes, they are different from humans. But once humans are no more a part of the equation…
    It could stand to reason that the ultimate goal of mutant kind is to replace all life and live as a community. There are different types of mutants. There are acquatic mutants, bird-like mutants, reptiles and so on and so forth. Perhaps in the mu there ultimate goal is to be all that's left after the end of all things.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

San Diego Comic-Con programming schedules for Wed. Thurs. and Fri. have been released. So far there have been no X-Men or House of X panels announced. The X-Men panel has been on Sunday the last few years, so I'm banking on the day remaining the same.

Jordan D. While has tweeted that he will be at SDCC. Will Hickman be there? If so, I'm gonna first in line at that panel as I barely got in last year. And I REALLY hope they bring some copies of House of X. They'll most likely be digital and have people read them on the stage in the room like they did for AvX a few years ago. I am SUPER excited about what's in store for the X-Men. Does anyone have confirmation from social media about Hickman attending San Diego?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    San Diego Comic-Con programming schedules for Wed. Thurs. and Fri. have been released. So far there have been no X-Men or House of X panels announced. The X-Men panel has been on Sunday the last few years, so I'm banking on the day remaining the same.

Jordan D. While has tweeted that he will be at SDCC. Will Hickman be there? If so, I'm gonna first in line at that panel as I barely got in last year. And I REALLY hope they bring some copies of House of X. They'll most likely be digital and have people read them on the stage in the room like they did for AvX a few years ago. I am SUPER excited about what's in store for the X-Men. Does anyone have confirmation from social media about Hickman attending San Diego?
    There is no X-Men panel. The Next Big Thing panel on Saturday will be X-centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There is no X-Men panel. The Next Big Thing panel on Saturday will be X-centric.
    Thanks! I just saw it on Saturday programming:

Legendary writer Jonathan Hickman is joined by Marvel editor-in-chief C. B. Cebulski and other mighty Marvel panelists to bring you all the latest and greatest news straight from the House of Ideas. Learn what comes next for the X-Men after the senses-shattering revelations of the House of X and Powers of X !! Plus, stick around for a few things they can't even hint at yet!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It could stand to reason that the ultimate goal of mutant kind is to replace all life and live as a community. There are different types of mutants. There are acquatic mutants, bird-like mutants, reptiles and so on and so forth. Perhaps in the mu there ultimate goal is to be all that's left after the end of all things.
    All life forms are already the result of mutations and interbreedings. It is also true for humans: tibetan monks
    It is also said that humans have stopped the process of Evolution through machines and vaccines…
    So the next stage is maybe collaboration and better social skills like in More than Human by Sturgeon, as mutants powers are so different from each other…

Extraordinary Member

I guess that's one good thing about AoX's lack of popularity: spoilers for House of X are harder to find.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I guess that's one good thing about AoX's lack of popularity: spoilers for House of X are harder to find.
    I don't think this has anything to do with it. It's more that Hickman has specifically said he isn't spoiling shit, and I think JDW and the other writers have basically been made to sign a NDA or something similar.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, it’s surprising that no spoilers for HoX have leaked yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think this has anything to do with it. It's more that Hickman has specifically said he isn't spoiling shit, and I think JDW and the other writers have basically been made to sign a NDA or something similar.
    Yeah, but sometimes we get something. Sometimes something falls off a truck or someone says something during an interview or someone gets drunks. Marvel is on lockdown on this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It is also said that humans have stopped the process of Evolution through machines and vaccines…
    It's one of my pet peeves whenever people say we've stopped evolution. Evolution is a process, a path of how organisms change. Vaccines and machines didn't stop evolution since the generations after us are still distinct from the previous one. We're not a clone of the previous generation. They just altered its path. Genes that would be removed from the gene pool by natural selection are still within the gene pool thanks to vaccines and machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It's one of my pet peeves whenever people say we've stopped evolution. Evolution is a process, a path of how organisms change. Vaccines and machines didn't stop evolution since the generations after us are still distinct from the previous one. We're not a clone of the previous generation. They just altered its path. Genes that would be removed from the gene pool by natural selection are still within the gene pool thanks to vaccines and machinery.
    Well, I guess we'll find out. When a world halts the path of evolution, the Phoenix nopes it. Part of its job description.

The Hickman spoilers are in a police evidence locker near Marvelous H.Q. guarded by 72 S.W.A.T. popo and three 400-pound, bald bodybuilder Hickman clones that live off of Twizzlers and New X-Men fan tears.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, it’s surprising that no spoilers for HoX have leaked yet.
    Disheartening for me, personally

BANNED

Rich Johnston probably just lost his mojo.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well, I guess we'll find out. When a world halts the path of evolution, the Phoenix nopes it. Part of its job description.
    And in the context of the Marvel Universe, this just means the Celestials were being lazy since messing with races and giving them new traits for evolution is their whole modus operandi.