Page 190 of 212 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wonder if Cable will become an adult again on this.
    I like both Cables but i feel like Kid Cable should have some meaning, do something with the character like the teen O5 did.
    I doubt Cable factors much into this at all. Just a gut feeling, but with Hickman commenting about what a mess X-men continuity is, he probably doesn’t want pretty much the worst offender in that regard front and center for his big magnum opus. When trying to take the concept in a bold new direction, you don’t want to be saddled with a character so emblematic of a specific period in the past. Same reason why Morrison didn’t use him, or Rachel Grey, and really only used 90s and 00s characters very sparingly (Bishop and Sage briefly in one arc).

Extraordinary Member

I guess it's really hard to guess how Hickman will go. Jean, Scott, Logan, and Xavier are easy guesses, especially based on characters he's used in the past.

But with Uncanny, I'm having trouble guessing, especially when we don't even know if that will mead anywhere or for how long. To be honest, I can't see how shutting the X-Men off to their own little corner would really help Marvel unless they're thinking of having their great return once they're reintroduced in the movies, something I think will ahppen within five years. Incidently, five years is a out the time Marvel could probably sustain this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

So fish pee pee poo poo boys = flatscans

Namor presumably = X.....or Magneto
    Who wrote this?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I doubt Cable factors much into this at all. Just a gut feeling, but with Hickman commenting about what a mess X-men continuity is, he probably doesn’t want pretty much the worst offender in that regard front and center for his big magnum opus. When trying to take the concept in a bold new direction, you don’t want to be saddled with a character so emblematic of a specific period in the past. Same reason why Morrison didn’t use him, or Rachel Grey, and really only used 90s and 00s characters very sparingly (Bishop and Sage briefly in one arc).
    You're right. I do hope he appears in some capacity, he is on the brooks cover (but has an adult)

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Who wrote this?
    Ser Jonathan of House Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    That's just typical PR. No one is going to go on record saying they read it and hated it especially if Marvel made them sign a bunch of contracts and such.
    This is an interesting thought. Someone else claimed (though I don't know source of where they saw it) that an editor at Marvel at first hated the plan, then eventually grew to love it. A cynical take could be that some are just saying nice things Marvel wants said. What I'm really interested in is silence. Any cases where someone who's had a look at what's coming isn't talking about it at all.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

What are the chances we get an “everything lives!” line in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Was JDW lying to us when saying it was Moira? I don't think so.
    It’s Moira!s daughter, also named Moira.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What are the chances we get an “everything lives!” line in this?
    If you mean no characters dying, I'd say even split chance. Marvel could want to boomerang from the past few years of excessive X-Men character deaths, but it also seems to be a hardcoded part of Marvel culture to force in some character death just for shock value.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    This is an interesting thought. Someone else claimed (though I don't know source of where they saw it) that an editor at Marvel at first hated the plan, then eventually grew to love it. A cynical take could be that some are just saying nice things Marvel wants said. What I'm really interested in is silence. Any cases where someone who's had a look at what's coming isn't talking about it at all.
    It was White who said this. I suppose he hated it at first because he thought he was out of a job, but now he likes it because he’s still getting paid a hefty sum while Hickman does the heavy lifting across the line going forward.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Figured may as well share here too. In honor of House of X.

Attachment 84239
    Good work!

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

One thing that kind of bothers me is how they are treating it as if there was nothing revolutionary after Morrison when for me Whedon’s Astonishing was what got me into the x-men comics the first time and I think it was subtly revolutionary. Particularly in the way it was a lot of fun, showed the Xmen working as a team of flawed individuals with their own strengths and weakness, dug into dark subject matter and in particular dealt explored the main casts psychology/ characters really really well. In still maintained that fun humor and zany comic adventures aspect too though. That run was really great but different than Morrison and co. I hope Hickman’s run has some of those qualities to it as well. Exploring characters in new ways but believable new ways. Like for instance how Cyclops subtly changes when he no longer has his optic blasts.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

if bendy hadn't betrayed the church to join the dark council then todo-nuevo x-hombres #1 probably would've been one of the X-MEN SEMINAL MOMENTS
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    if bendy hadn't betrayed the church to join the dark council then todo-nuevo x-hombres #1 probably would've been one of the X-MEN SEMINAL MOMENTS
    I still say it’s actually six seminal moments. Decimation is number five and Bendis is number six.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I still say it’s actually six seminal moments. Decimation is number five and Bendis is number six.
    Wow, they could've gotten with "lucky seventh" seminal moments.