Page 192 of 212 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    To the people who think that Morrison is great. I hope your favorite characters get killed for more than a decade and also that all their important relationships get butchered into oblivion.
    Let's see how great that would be.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. I’ve already seen that. With both of my favorite characters. Wolverine was character assassinated to death in the 00s and then finally killed, and Cable was de-powered and re-powered and presumed dead so many times that they ran out of ideas and now made him a kid again. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

Fingers crossed that Hickman’s run doesn’t involve any major changes for Logan. The “hot claws” addition is already bad enough. And Kid Cable... don’t even get me started on the lameness.
    Neither was absent for 14 years.

Neither was absent for 14 years.
    It is for this reason that I believe Jean is very, very safe for awhile. Congratulations. I’m hoping the same holds true for Logan since they just brought him back.

To the people who think that Morrison is great. I hope your favorite characters get killed for more than a decade and also that all their important relationships get butchered into oblivion.
    Let's see how great that would be.
    That would be fun to watch, because when it happens to others it is ok. But the same can't happen with their faves because of reasons.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-07-2019 at 10:02 AM.

With Cyclops, Logan and Jean having all recently returned from the dead; and the first two having been beaten up horribly before their deaths, I’m thinking Hickman’s big revolutionary plans doesn’t involve major changes to those three. Otherwise it would hardly feel as fresh and new as everyone is making it out to be.

Xavier and Magneto might get shaken up some. But that’s fine with me. Both have been pretty played out in the films and have vacillated between good and evil so many times that it would be fine to see Hickman attempt something different with the two of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Ser Jonathan of House Hickman.
    Knew it. Hickman's writing has a certain flair I just love. What's the state of Namor right now? Hero? Villain? Last I checked he was on X-Men Red.

Any chance Hickman will introduce him in the story sometime during the flag ship he was a prominent character during the Utopia Era of the X-Men and also an important character in Hickman's New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Knew it. Hickman's writing has a certain flair I just love. What's the state of Namor right now? Hero? Villain? Last I checked he was on X-Men Red.

Any chance Hickman will introduce him in the story sometime during the flag ship he was a prominent character during the Utopia Era of the X-Men and also an important character in Hickman's New Avengers.
    he's a villain and he's SUPER HOT and also he's too busy in the avengers office at this present moment in time
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It is for this reason that I believe Jean is very, very safe for awhile. Congratulations. I’m hoping the same holds true for Logan since they just brought him back.
    Logan is safe from limbo and dying, especially of there is an actual solo in the works (all those minis and guest appearances had been a dissapointment). Now i can only pray for competent writting, frankly i still don't know what to expect from Hickman. But Hush has faith on him and knows his worj better that most in these boards, so at least it hast my interest.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Logan is safe from limbo and dying, especially of there is an actual solo in the works (all those minis and guest appearances had been a dissapointment). Now i can only pray for competent writting, frankly i still don't know what to expect from Hickman. But Hush has faith on him and knows his word better that most in these boards, so at least it hast my interest.
    Hickman can probably do good by Logan. There's a lot to work with. And a lot to be cleaned up. lol

Personally, I am confident Hickman can do great by Monet. She's my last favorite, and I think she'll be good, long as she's not written by PAD or Rosenberg. My other 2 favs. are pretty much doomed at this point. So not holding out for a hero with them. lol

Storm I worry about. We've seen 3 cover for her, that I recall. But Hell we got about 10+ for Steel Gal. She's the only new character we're seeing damn near more than Logan.

I worry for Jubilee & Bishop, but they are stated to be in Wave books. Again, long as Rosenberg isn't writing them, they may be ok. Jubilee got no real focus since getting repowered. And Bishop is just up in the air.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-07-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Spectacular Member

Can we speak about this new event and not debate ad vitam eternam on past events, please?

Spotlight on Jonathan Hickman Panel on Sunday morning at San Diego Comic-Con.

Jonathan Hickman (X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Secret Wars) holds a Q&A session where he will answer any question you might have about his upcoming relaunch of the X-Men franchise at Marvel along with industry advice and insight.

BANNED

My question is simple:

How they are gonna "reboot" the X-Men after 20 years of mess? I think it's impossible, unless some serious and not reversible time trave is involved???

Thank you so much for your feedback in adavance.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    My question is simple:

How they are gonna "reboot" the X-Men after 20 years of mess? I think it's impossible, unless some serious and not reversible time trave is involved???

Thank you so much for your feedback in adavance.
    According to reliable source who read HOX 1, it's not a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Hickman can probably do good by Logan. There's a lot to work with. And a lot to be cleaned up. lol

Personally, I am confident Hickman can do great by Monet. She's my last favorite, and I think she'll be good, long as she's not written by PAD or Rosenberg. lol My other 2 favs. are pretty much doomed at this point. So not holding out for a hero with the,. lol

Storm I worry about. We've seen 3 cover for her, that I recall. But Hell we got about 10+ for Steel Gal. She's the only new character we're seeing damn near more than Logan.

I worry for Jubilee & Bishop, but they are stated to be in Wave books. Again, long as Rosenberg isn't writing them, they may be ok. Jubilee got no real focus since getting repowered. And Bishop is just up in the air.
    I think Jubilee and Bishop will be fine. Bishop for a long time was out of x-men books, then he returned on astonishing and Uncanny.

Storm seems like a harder case, with lucky she might get a writer that understand the characters. But I'm not holding my breathe

With Cyclops, Logan and Jean having all recently returned from the dead; and the first two having been beaten up horribly before their deaths, I’m thinking Hickman’s big revolutionary plans doesn’t involve major changes to those three. Otherwise it would hardly feel as fresh and new as everyone is making it out to be.

Xavier and Magneto might get shaken up some. But that’s fine with me. Both have been pretty played out in the films and have vacillated between good and evil so many times that it would be fine to see Hickman attempt something different with the two of them.
    Seems like major changes are more about greater concepts than characters.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-07-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    According to reliable source who read HOX 1, it's not a reboot.
    Good. I’m glad it will build on the past. Would not be a fan of some Ultimate X-men like reboot myself.