Page 109 of 212 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3173
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Logan missed one?
    Several. Shive, avery Conor, some samurai with katana's in hand, the kid he left alone in the woods as a baby, and about a few dozen more scatter around the world. I wouldn't be surprised if he's related to half the students.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not only that, she is currently the X-men's premier X-woman which seems to be the case for Hickman
    Jean over his favorites? no way

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Has anything that has been shown since Jean was brought back by any writer that has written her that she was going to be deconstructed? She's officially one of the faces of the X-Men, I don't think that there's anything that we have to worry about in the context of being fans.
    Well good guys are the favorite for deconstruction: Scott, Angel, Nightcrawler... Jean is a easy target.
    Let's see, I'm not having a positive sensation over it, but also nothing really negative.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-17-2019 at 03:37 PM.

If the series after House of X is not called "Jean Grey and those ungrateful bastards who accompany her" which is even the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If the series after House of X is not called "Jean Grey and those ungrateful bastards who accompany her" which is even the point.

Like the last years of X-men comics with another character?

It's really easy to talk when it wasn't your fave on the line to get screwed up on the last big change everything run. I don't have reasons to believe that Hickman is that different from Morrison

BANNED

Jean should've stayed dead then we wouldn't have this conversation about no writer living up to what she deserves every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Jean should've stayed dead then we wouldn't have this conversation about no writer living up to what she deserves every week.
    maybe if she didn't stayed dead for so long we wouldn't have this conversation

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

It's really easy to talk when it wasn't your fave on the line to get screwed up on the last big change everything run. I don't have reasons to believe that Hickman is that different from Morrison
    Agreed. I am not a Jean or Emma fan, but I can empathize with said fans if they feel said characters tend to get screwed over or mischaracterized. 2 favs of my are Creed & Deadpool, and both of them are characters that are very easy to **** up, given how often it happens. lol

For some of us, our favs are NOT doing well so surely it'd be understandable why some fans are pessimistic when it comes to favs if they have history of getting screwed up or screwed over.

I think Jean & Emma will be good under Hickman. In the vid, I think it was him that mentioned not being in a loop of the same old soap opera. And if his plans are good, hopefully editorial will do their job & make sure every writer on a title follows strict canon & characterization and doesn't just do random crap to fit a narrative.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-17-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

That's slightly odd considering what happened to the character I think you might be alluding to...

Regardless, we don't know what Hickman is doing. There are other characters who might end up having it worse.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. I am not a Jean or Emma fan, but I can empathize with said fans if they feel said characters tend to get screwed over or mischaracterized. 2 favs of my are Creed & Deadpool, and both of them are characters that are very easy to **** up, given how often it happens. lol

For some of us, our favs are NOT doing well so surely it'd be understandable why some fans are pessimistic when it comes to favs if they have history of getting screwed up or screwed over.

I think Jean & Emma will be good under Hickman. In the vid, I think it was him that mentioned not being in a loop of the same old soap opera. And if his plans are good, hopefully editorial will do their job & make sure every writer on a title follows strict canon & characterization and doesn't just do random crap to fit a narrative.
    I really hope if they each don't get to lead a team to at least put Jean and Emma on the same team without Scott. This way Jean and Emma can just throw shade at each other without it having to be about Scott every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Emma is one of hickman favorite, so she is pretty safe.

It is just that Jean was already canon fodder for manpain and screwed up to prop a writer favorite pet character. Hickman fave characters aren't reassuring.
    I really afraid this gonna happen again even if more subtitle. Hickman throw characters under the bus a lot on his work

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    That's slightly odd considering what happened to the character I think you might be alluding to...

Regardless, we don't know what Hickman is doing. There are other characters who might end up having it worse.
    What happened? Not everything is glory but 98% of it is.

It's not reassuring, sure chracter can have it worse.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-17-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Which characters did Hickman "threw under the bus"?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

What happened? Not everything is glory but 98% of it is.

It's not reassuring, sure chracter can have it worse.
    98%? That's slightly dismissive.

Either way, my main point is that nothing indicates a bad future ahead for Jean. Based off of what we know, everyone/everything will be effected but I doubt Jean will end up in a fate worse than before.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

HickLord has already blessed us with raw, unconstrained Jean thighs, and you demand more? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I expect some of the red redactions aren't real redactions, just screwing with people. Like blank spaces or "Can't reveal how cool he is until Powers of X #1."

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    HickLord has already blessed us with raw, unconstrained Jean thighs, and you demand more? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!
    Get me Ian Malcolm and I'll be entertained.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member

Some of these remind me of how B'wana Beast would combine animals to make new ones. Maybe there's a mutant who can combine other mutants?