Page 64 of 212 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'll elaborate"

"Why would Jean fans care either way if Emma was a villain, when one she was a hero alongside the teenage version, and two this turn occurred before the Adult version was even back so in what way did this "help" Jean. It literally has nothing to do with her, so in short a Jean fan can not like Emma WITHOUT wanting her to be a villain these things aren't mutually exclusive...."
    Jean fans in general don't care in my estimate, outside of the usual rivalry. Certain Jean fans despise Emma, so they want her evil to justify the hatred.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The only promo image we have of her is with Magneto and Toad (which also makes zero sense). Last time they saw each other, Magneto was willing to destroy the entire city of Paris to see Emma die, and stupidly going after her for something she wasn't even a part of anymore.
    I am thinking it's Emma vs. Magneto. Mystique is with Emma & Toad is with Magneto. While Creed just invited himself to cause trouble & is getting schooled before the EmmNeto war wages on. lol

Either way, Agree it's hard to look on the bright side that X-Office isn't pandering to nostalgia when everyone who had some form of redemption or was on their way there has been reverted back to more evil roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    House of X isn't an AU. And should be noticed both Emma and Magneto have an X in the uniform.
    Looks a lot like a AU, hat is th eonly way to justify Jean using marvel girl costume

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Looks a lot like a AU, hat is th eonly way to justify Jean using marvel girl costume
    Hickman literally made mention in the interview of the characters having a closet full of their costumes from throughout their history.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Hickman literally made mention in the interview of the characters having a closet full of their costumes from throughout their history.
    She still wouldn't use that

Jean fans in general don't care in my estimate, outside of the usual rivalry. Certain Jean fans despise Emma, so they want her evil to justify the hatred.
    there is good reasons that Emma doesn't even need to go full evil

Astonishing Member

I think the spoiler we saw of Emma wearing a costume very similar to the ones the Cuckoos used in the X23 book pretty much eliminate any chance of her being a villain. I also think that means she won't be Black King anymore. Pretty much everything is irrelevant until these books come out.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think the spoiler we saw of Emma wearing a costume very similar to the ones the Cuckoos used in the X23 book pretty much eliminate any chance of her being a villain. I also think that means she won't be Black King anymore. Pretty much everything is irrelevant until these books come out.
    Weren't the Cuckoos the villains in X-23 (yes I know it was just Esme, but still)?

The Lady Cardinal/Black King thing likely won't go away, which is fine. All Emma fans are asking is that Emma not be stupid evil. Working against the X-Men on a different path for mutants? Cool. Opposing them on how to deal with a threat to mutants? Cool. Cackling while she tortures Havok and Logan? Not cool.

Astonishing Member

Weren't the Cuckoos the villains in X-23 (yes I know it was just Esme, but still)?

The Lady Cardinal/Black King thing likely won't go away, which is fine. All Emma fans are asking is that Emma not be stupid evil. Working against the X-Men on a different path for mutants? Cool. Opposing them on how to deal with a threat to mutants? Cool. Cackling while she tortures Havok and Logan? Not cool.
    Tbh I see Hickman having a lot of fun with a Black King Emma Frost hell I wouldn't be surprised if he requested that little story development just to play with it his series (although that's stretching things a bit).

Please make Black King Emma go away. Singer and Tony award-nominated Broadway actress Laura Bell Bundy agrees with me that it should go away.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

"I do not like it, so it's an AU" god, are we in a denial phase?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "I do not like it, so it's an AU" god, are we in a denial phase?
    Depending on circumstances, denial can be the best medicine. lol

I am wary on one of my favorites as things don't look good. However, even I think it's best to wait & see what Hickman has planned. We're only getting snippets of info.

The first couple of issues of HOX and POX should paint a decent picture, and some of us can either relax or go into denial & continue waiting for something better suited to our taste. Some will have to wait longer than others. lol

I have my favorite characters, but before that I'm a fan of the X-men.
    So I'm happy if I'm reading a good X-men story, no matter who is part of it.

Life must be so much harder for hardcore fans of specific characters in a team franchise...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post

Life must be so much harder for hardcore fans of specific characters in a team franchise...
    Exactatiously! (to the bolded)

It almost makes me want to feel sorry for those hardcore fans.......almost......but I never do.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbh I see Hickman having a lot of fun with a Black King Emma Frost hell I wouldn't be surprised if he requested that little story development just to play with it his series (although that's stretching things a bit).
    It was Leah pitch. He even referenced her as white queen

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post

I read comics for my favorite characters. There isn't motivation to see a story where they are trashed

Mighty Member

I am looking forward to this run.

But, I am hoping it avoids some of the conceptual problems that X-books typically have. (How the hell can a group be oppressed when it has members that can flatten cities by looking at them funny?)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/