Page 116 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3173
    BANNED

Jean and Emma should not be friends because everyone being friends makes for boring comics. Also Emma is at her best when she has adversaries (and good guy X-Men are their best when they have to begrudgingly work with Emma). Unless y'all enjoyed those comics where Emma was constantly telling Colossus that she's there for him?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    When did Emma ever try and kill Hope?
    Fear Itself iirc

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Isn't anybody else worried about Storm?
    I mentioned this before but i fear she will be limited to wallpaper. I like Jean, Cyclops, Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine but Storm is up there with them for me.
    Honestly thats no different than how she's been used for years. Seems more like status quo than something to be worried about for her

When did Emma ever try and kill Hope? And calling Scott training her the exact same as he has ever trained any student under his care "torture" is hyperbole at its absolute worst.
    I think it was on Fear Itself, when she tried to telepathically stop Juggernaut when he was possessed by Kuurth and became the Breaker or Stone. She was knocked out and possessed or something, which made her try to kill Hope before Namor woke up her up from the trance.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I think it was on Fear Itself, when she tried to telepathically stop Juggernaut when he was possessed by Kuurth and became the Breaker or Stone. She was knocked out and possessed or something, which made her try to kill Hope before Namor woke up her up from the trance.
    Ah, so when Jean is possessed, she is a saint, but when Emma is possessed, she's an irredeemable monster. I figured as much.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Jean and Emma should not be friends because everyone being friends makes for boring comics.
    Yep. And if even Emma and Jean are getting along, everyone else having problems would seem petty.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ah, so when Jean is possessed, she is a saint, but when Emma is possessed, she's an irredeemable monster. I figured as much.
    I think one of the interesting things about Emma is that she is allowed to make mistakes and that sometimes people (from X-men to fans) judge her badly even if her intentions are good.
    It is ugly, it is tragic but it is also somewhat touching.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think one of the interesting things about Emma is that she is allowed to make mistakes and that sometimes people (from X-men to fans) judge her badly even if her intentions are good.
    It is ugly, it is tragic but it is also somewhat touching.
    I think it's more that certain people will always view certain characters through a certain lens. JDW for instance.

She wasnt possessed but it weakened her telepathically to the point that her fears were played into. She got a vision telling her that Hope was Jean reincarnated, so she tried to kill her bc she viewed her as a threat. I dont think she's at fault bc she was tainted by its not like there was a being controlling her. The event just made her more susceptible to give into her fears

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She wasnt possessed but it weakened her telepathically to the point that her fears were played into. She got a vision telling her that Hope was Jean reincarnated, so she tried to kill her bc she viewed her as a threat. I dont think she's at fault bc she was tainted by its not like there was a being controlling her. The event just made her more susceptible to give into her fears
    Emma was the one holding the fear energy back too wasn't she, that's why it targeted her so hard to try and get inside the telepathic field protecting Utopia at the time.

When did Emma ever try and kill Hope? And calling Scott training her the exact same as he has ever trained any student under his care "torture" is hyperbole at its absolute worst.

No wonder she hates him

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

No wonder she hates him
    That is the exact same way he trains all of his students. And the same way Charles trained the O5 (remember the room with whirring saw blades and flamethrowers). X-Men have to learn to be able to fight even when their powers are disabled, since there are so many ways that can happen. You're grasping at straws here.

I forgot about that training montage. No wonder Hope shot him in the eye, I would be pissed at Scott too if I was her.

I'm not even a Scott "fan" but give him a break, she was no regular "student", she was going to receive the Phoenix Force, you can't expect him to go easy on her considering that.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Considering how Hope was raised, what Scott did with her was nothing

Extraordinary Member

I don't know why we care about a scene that never really followed anything from the actual books, especially when it was written by Brian "Avengers" Bendis.