Page 197 of 212 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3173
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

There's a reason that Morrison's run is one of the three seminal eras of the X-Men, people.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    he didnt try to kill the franchise. He breathed some much needed light and interest into it and it overall was a success

Id say post Kelly/Seagle, whom most people seemed to love. It was the Davis and Claremont eras which kinda brought down the core X-men books
    Personally, i think that the cracks started to appear after Age of Apocalypse, but i though that Onslaught was the breaking point for many.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There's a reason that Morrison's run is one of the three seminal eras of the X-Men, people.
    Yeah, the hyperbole is getting intense. Not my favorite run, but to say it tried to "murder the franchise" is a lot much.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It doesn't mean it was good.
    Everybody remembers Hank Pym hitting his wife, Bishop going crazy and Cyclops having an affair.
    It doesn't that did any good. It is just a giant trainwreck noboy could help but see and deal with the consecuences.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    It doesn't mean it was good.
    Everybody remembers Hank Pym hitting his wife, Bishop going crazy and Cyclops having an affair.
    It doesn't that did any good. It is just a giant trainwreck noboy could help but see and deal with the consecuences.
    You're comparing one of the most universally beloved runs in X-history with Hank Pym beating his wife...

Okay, the hyperbole has officially hit peak levels.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You're comparing one of the most universally beloved runs in X-history with Hank Pym beating his wife...

It was equally bad, except that Morrison mess was on purpose and presented like a favor.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Don't ya know Scott not wanting to be with Jean anymore is just as bad as he beating her?

Hank Pym losing his **** is one of the best Avengers sagas. Comparing X-Adultery to that is a compliment.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Don't ya know Scott not wanting to be with Jean anymore is just as bad as he beating her?
    You missed the entire point. I hope Emma cheats on Scott or Scott on Emma so maybe you can get what i'm saying.
    just maybe.

You missed the entire point. I hope Emma cheats on Scott or Scott on Emma so maybe you can get what i'm saying.
    just maybe.
    I just love how that happened longer ago than several members on this site have been alive, and yet that is literally all some Jean fans can ever possibly think of. Jean is back, the undisputed leader of mutantkind, and setup to be the second most important character in the entire X-universe behind Logan for the next decade, but you'd think Morrison's run happened literally last week.

I just love how that happened longer ago than several members on this site have been alive, and yet that is literally all some Jean fans can ever possibly think of. Jean is back, the undisputed leader of mutantkind, and setup to be the second most important character in the entire X-universe behind Logan for the next decade, but you'd think Morrison's run happened literally last week.
    If you learn something in fandoms, is that people just don't let certain things go.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If you learn something in fandoms, is that people just don't let certain things go.
    And now, like clockwork, some joker is gonna come in with the Judge Dredd Emma picture and that quote. Because this site.

I let Morrison go long ago but if someone is asking or debating that it is good thing I will share my opinion of why I think it isn't.
    I love Cyclops too that is other of the reasons why I think it sucked.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

To the people who think that Morrison is great. I hope your favorite characters get killed for more than a decade and also that all their important relationships get butchered into oblivion.
    Let's see how great that would be.
    I think Morrison's run was great and he killed off my favorite X-Woman (after writing some of my favorite moments for her).
    I don't hold Marvel keeping her dead for that long against him because they were more than capable of reversing it if they so desired, as they did with some of his other concepts. Not his fault Quesada had it in for Jean or something.

So Morrison was great, almost everything after him was either ho-hum or sucked, and hopefully Hickman will be great too no matter who he creates or (temporarily) kills off.

And now, like clockwork, some joker is gonna come in with the Judge Dredd Emma picture and that quote. Because this site.
    I can't say that i'm better, my favorites are Spider-Man and Wolverine and i'm still bitter about certain decisions that Marvel took with then, i'm just less obvious about it.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona