Page 112 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3173
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Im just speculating on an observation, I mean, there is going to be a story reason for Jean at least, to be covering her face. People dont just put on masks for no reason.
    Unless the like wearing masks or it's for solidarity for a cause or team. There will be an in-story reason why people are wearing certain costumes. I feel like it's going to be some "mutant pride" reason or something to showcase that they are mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I wonder if M & Husk will play similar roles as Cannonball & Sunspot in Hickman's Avengers.

While the girls certainly aren't new to the X-Men, they really haven't been on this big a stage. Paige even less so than Monet.
    I’m so excited!!! I gave up on Paige a long time ago but my confidence in her redemption is high rn. I am so pumped to see Monet live up a bit more to her potential as a leading lady. This is such a magical time for me as a fan!

The mask is to cover Medusa's true identity as she impersonates Jean.

Surprise! HOX/POX is just the lead in to IVX 2
    Last edited by Andru; 06-18-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I’m so excited!!! I gave up on Paige a long time ago but my confidence in her redemption is high rn. I am so pumped to see Monet live up a bit more to her potential as a leading lady. This is such a magical time for me as a fan!
    And she seemingly gets to keep her melanin & wear a zipped costume. So I am genuinely looking forward to what Husk & Monet can do, especially together again after so long. We've seen a good bit of her interacting with Jubilee, but be nice to see her connect with Paige more.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL
    I see the mindless "headless chicken" speculations are in full force and growing by the hour, everyday...
    July 24th can't come soon enough if only to put an end to the ravings.

The public identity of Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean Grey (hell, she does not even use codename) has been known for a long time. Like Captain America, masks are pure aesthetic decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The public identity of Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean Grey (hell, she does not even use codename) has been known for a long time. Like Captain America, masks are pure aesthetic decisions.
    Plus the O.N.E. knows who the survivors of decimation all are. They were monitoring the mansion 24/7 during the period when they had it surrounded. I remember that time because they were really obsessed with Psylocke and Rachel. They tracked Psylocke because she flaunted how hot she was for the cameras, and they tracked Rachel because she scared the hell out of them (worried about how powerful she is). One of my favorite issues was that one after the death of the greys when Rachel snuck out for her psychologist appointment in Chicago and everyone was tracking her, the O.N.E. and the Shi'ar. Rachel and Elizabeth had to shield the entire city against a space laser barrage by the Shi'ar against Chicago. Then the O.N.E. tracked Rachel even more after that because she put a mental shield around the entire city of Chicago that was able to repel a space attack.

But yeah, the O.N.E. knows all of their identities, so the government knows, Shield probably knows, the CIA and FBI probably know.

Some of the newer members and people who were not at the mansion during that time might not be known by the government.

I did not mean the government, I mean even ordinary people. Cyclops was the cover of Rolling Stones, leader of a nation and world revolutionary. Everyone knows that he is Scott Summers.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

People dont just put on masks for no reason.
    They're terribly comfortable and I think every mutant will be wearing them in the future.

Just because their identities are known by the government and the public at large that doesn't mean they shouldn't hide their faces

What if Jean just wanted to walk down the street and get a cup of coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hopeless doesn't like adult Jean and it shows on his writing.
    Jean is Hallum's favorite X-Man. He really likes New X-Men. Season One is about Jean. He even brought back Jean from New X-Men so he could write her, the significance of which is undermined by the brilliant editorial planning that approved and hyped up the return of a character who was gone for years after already approving the return of that character and having that happen like 4 months earlier. Anyway, D Double-H is the best Jean writer in general in recent memory.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Just because their identities are known by the government and the public at large that doesn't mean they shouldn't hide their faces

What if Jean just wanted to walk down the street and get a cup of coffee?
    She gave a speech at the UN on X-Men Red, it's too late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    She gave a speech at the UN on X-Men Red, it's too late for that.
    Like anyone pays attention to the UN

Im just speculating on an observation, I mean, there is going to be a story reason for Jean at least, to be covering her face. People dont just put on masks for no reason.

"So many mutants are born beautiful, others have to hide their human faces."

That's actually a really interesting idea even if youre being tongue in cheek lol.

I also think this story will have something to do with Proteus, maybe the way his power works..
    Why would putting on this mask hide Jean's identity, especially since its one she's used before? Anyone with half a brain can tell its Jean, especially when she gets to using her powers and it doesnt obscure her face or hair, unlike lets say Spider-Man. I dont see why she would be in hiding as this isnt really a good disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Like anyone pays attention to the UN
    Then she was a criminal wanted for murdering an ambassador.