Page 79 of 212 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's pretty safe to assume by default that anyone at Marvel is likely to be looking here. I remember one writer had a separate CBR board for a bit, for example.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's pretty safe to assume by default that anyone at Marvel is likely to be looking here. I remember one writer had a separate CBR board for a bit, for example.
    Gail Simone. I think she broke into comics from her work here.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Yeah those variants were ok.

Where is Adi Granov / Oliver Coipel / Kim Jacinto / Clay Mann / Jerome Open / Russell Dauterman

Did we really need that Wolverine variant. Nope.

Get us excited by showing X-Men that will be used during this mini series drawn by A-List artist

And combine characters that are never seen together!

He's clearly talking about the Dark Web Marvel Illuminati server. We don't deserve John's love. Or his hair.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Gail Simone. I think she broke into comics from her work here.
    Cullen Bunn had his own section as well, even more recently.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Don’t forget that time we broke JDW’s spirits because of the X-Men Mondays.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Gambit and Rogue variant by Joe Mad is very beautiful! I hope it means that they will have some role in HOX POX.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Can we just get there so we can see what books springs from these minis?
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 05-31-2019 at 03:28 AM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Can we just get there so we can see what books springs from these minis?
    No, we can't just get there, have to allow enough time to pass first. Unless you know of a time machine?

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit and Rogue variant by Joe Mad is very beautiful! I hope it means that they will have some role in HOX POX.
    I'm guessing no, as this cover is just a colored version of a Joe mad commission done as a kickstarter reward for battle chasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    I'm guessing no, as this cover is just a colored version of a Joe mad commission done as a kickstarter reward for battle chasers.
    Sad. Probably you are right.

I've been told by some that I should try to be a) more positive about Marvel's treatment of Polaris, and b) more positive about Hickman's coming run. And that it's bad for me to be realistic instead of fantastical.

Well, I've decided, I'm convinced! It's time to indulge!

We've all seen the below teaser image.

We're assuming that it must be Moira, because that makes the most sense.

But here's a fun twist.

What if.... IT'S POLARIS!

Now you might be thinking "salarta, that's absurd, she has brown hair and Lorna has green." But remember, Lorna HAD brown hair when she was a little girl! When her powers awakened in traumatic fashion, her hair turned green. Then throughout her entire life until she met the X-Men, she dyed her hair brown to avoid attracting the curious!

So we have Lorna, originally with brown hair, since then with green. So what? Well, then there's the fact that this event seems to heavily involve what happened with Krakoa on Giant-Size X-Men - which, if you will remember, was when Lorna launched Krakoa into space!

And because this board sucks at image limits even when they're hotlinked, I'm kludging a point in now so I can make one big image that includes both. Not only did Lorna play a pivotal role in ousting Krakoa way back when, but key moments of her history both in her original storyline and in the Austen era involved trying to sort out her philosophies between those of Magneto and Xavier. In their history though, Xavier has been more direct as a mentor over time, while Magneto tried to be more distant, seemingly out of a desire to keep her safe. Which fits quite well with the original image! Of the mystery woman sitting next to Xavier, and Magneto standing over them.

Bam! Lorna's a woman who originally had brown hair, with far-reaching connections to Magneto and Xavier AND Krakoa! Xavier as her closer mentor for much of her time after re-awakening her powers as a teen, Magneto as her father and since Genosha.

Who better to be the lynchpin of this event than a woman who has previously (albeit heavily ignored til now) embodied the struggle between their two philosophies so closely, and who was the key to the Krakoa situation that will be at the heart of this event? I tell you, it's impossible to deny! This woman must be Lorna, and the myriad versions we see of this mystery woman are a result of some alternate universe shenanigans where her until now ignored link to Krakoa made her susceptible to a wide variety of potential mutations! Jackpot! And to top it all off, we have little baby Havok on the side as Marvel's way of saying that they know reducing Lorna to the role of his girlfriend was awful and they need to use and acknowledge everything else about her that they've ignored for the past 50 years.

... Or maybe Marvel will completely ignore Lorna in this event along with her Krakoa, Magneto and Xavier connections. Like they ignored her time on Genosha and surviving the genocide for all of Axis. And her being part of the Magnus family in Children's Crusade, Avengers vs X-Men, and Axis. And so many other things to list. With a side that maybe she'll be "lucky" enough to be a supporting character for the blonde white man Marvel has been heavily promoting ever since they had him hijack her return on X-Men Blue.

Nah! Marvel's obviously going to do the one thing their history shows they would never do.
    Last edited by salarta; 05-31-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

He wasn’t talking about any forums for fans, he was talking about the drama where Patrick Zircher acted the fool on Twitter. And then mentioned the variants.