Page 102 of 212 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The preview art showing some X-Men planting seeds everywhere makes me think they won't be necessarily moving to a single place like Mars but creating "mutated" environments that mutants can live in (which follows into the "mutant clothes" thing Hickman proposed in interviews)
    This sounds far more likely than 'X-Men Terraform Mars'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    We used to all be mutants until Wanda said No More Mutants and turned our past history into comic books.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Best quality for the covers from Marvel's site:

Pleasantly surprised to see Monet & Husk so prominently featured among the A-Listers. I really hope it's a sign of more to come. I did think that Sunspot & Cannonball may have entered the fray, but I suppose there's room for that yet when Hickman tackles the ongoing. Let's get more of the generations of mutants mixing it up with the originals. Gimme Sunfire, Mirage & Rockslide kicking ass and taking names alongside the core X-Men.

Kurt's lost his beard. That's pretty damn devastating if you ask me. All the men of the X-Men should have beards. It's worth noting that Magneto has one. He know's whats up.

I still don't understand the why behind the Marvel Girl costume. Jean Grey's had plenty of better looks over the years, and I don't get the rational behind putting her back in a garish green & yellow fit with a mini-skirt.

Apocalypse looks dope. Just this huge hulking figure walking through the reeds.

I think Sinister and his gene splicing and messing with mutant cells may have to do with the Powers of 10. He had a stockpile of mutant DNA right? Maybe that's how we're getting the character who has some combination of Magik, Kitty & Colossus' powers.

There are hands emerging from the Krakoa (?) pods too so something is afoot. Kinda creepy imagery I admit.

Not surprised to see Storm, Archangel & Beast among the cast. No Iceman though, which is odd in that he's the only member of the O5 seemingly not involved. Cool that Nature Girl is present, which I guess makes a lot of sense given her natural connection to Krakoa and ability to communicate with the landscape. The other smaller head-shots scattered throughout are slightly harder to identify. It looks like Sunspot, Oya & Masque could be there but there's nothing to verify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ooh so Shaw & Exodus are in the mix too. I kinda feel like Selene should be present too, given she's one of the oldest mutants and a pretty big player in mutant affairs. It'd be fun seeing how she'd interact with Apocalypse & Sinister too.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The preview art showing some X-Men planting seeds everywhere makes me think they won't be necessarily moving to a single place like Mars but creating "mutated" environments that mutants can live in (which follows into the "mutant clothes" thing Hickman proposed in interviews)
    That makes sense. I'm sure not all mutants would happily depart their home/s and go off-world. I do wonder where else they might plant the krakoa seeds that they could flourish and go undisturbed though. Tabula Rasa maybe? The Amazon? Idk.

New prediction: Sometime during “Time Runs Out” leading directly into Secret Wars, some extremely powerful mutant (professor x? Apocalypse? Nate gray? Scarlet Witch? Etc.) is able to warp reality in an effort to stop the incursions. Instead what happens is that 10 realities converge into one which we see in Hickman’s new series. By the end of hox/pox, all characters in the 10x reality merge into 8/616.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 06-12-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

That POX cover reminds me of

I wonder if this was intentional. Do we usually get these sort “telepath points to reader with random mutants in the background” pages in the X-Men?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I wonder if this was intentional. Do we usually get these sort “telepath points to reader with random mutants in the background” pages in the X-Men?

I mean, is it possible Xavier remains an antagonist? If he's using Cerebra technology to amplify his telepathic abilities he may be manipulating mutants to serve his will. Our X-Men may escape the Age of X-Man just to be in the thrall of another telepath

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I mean, is it possible Xavier remains an antagonist? If he's using Cerebra technology to amplify his telepathic abilities he may be manipulating mutants to serve his will. Our X-Men may escape the Age of X-Man just to be in the thrall of another telepath
    I think X will be the bad guy, too. But it definitely won’t be revealed by the time HoXPoX ends or even after Wave 1 ends, Hickman is playing the loooooooooong game.

I just noticed Debrii on the Powers of X cover! Sweet!

new villains PLEASE
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

ohhhhhhhhhhh

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    new villains PLEASE
    They could do some good things with Persephone if they made effort. I am tied of Creed x Mystique myself. Together & individually because as villains, they never offer an interesting story. They need to be retired if the X-Office plans to do no more than what they have been with these two. Magneto is starting to wane a bit as well, we've seen so much of him.

Sinister could be used more often. Apocalypse could stand to be used more. Mojo is a rising star it seems. Etc,.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think X will be the bad guy, too. But it definitely won’t be revealed by the time HoXPoX ends or even after Wave 1 ends, Hickman is playing the loooooooooong game.
    And I am so here for it. I love that writers like Hickman approach the overall narrative as a story with a wider scope, rather than a series of arcs that wrap up their own individual stories as they see fit. I want an epic, rather than a short story. It works for some books, but for a franchise as rich with content as the X-Men I believe world-building and the 'long game' is the way to go.
    And yes, while I don't like Xavier all that much, I believe X has some great potential in an antagonistic role. A cancer within the X-Men, able to manipulate, mind control and mind-wipe fellow mutants as he sees fit. He's a sizable threat, maybe even moreso than Apocalypse or Sinister in that he has the trust of his peers, and has known them on a personal level for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    This sounds far more likely than 'X-Men Terraform Mars'.

oh i loved that time where Wanda was a meme of everything bad that happen to the xmen xD

BANNED

new villains PLEASE
    Or go all out with underdeveloped villains. Exodus, Astra, Shogun etc.

Mighty Member

new villains PLEASE
    X-Office: I heard you guys want more Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Or go all out with underdeveloped villains. Exodus, Astra, Shogun etc.
    I'm all for giving old villains a fresh coat of paint, especially the weird ones like Sublime and the U-Men.