Page 137 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3173
    Spectacular Member

For all who responded me, don't forget the mutants chose in this event to go far from Earth! It's not like Utopia or Genosha which are located on Earth. So, I don't think that they will keep contact with Earth anymore. We saw futuristic stuffs with no humans so far except new Sentinels. If they are outside of Earth how they are supposed to protect the rest of mutants from bigotry and hatred? It doesn't make sense, right? They chose to preserve themselves. That's why I called it an egoistic choice and it doesn't reflect the philosophy of the mutants so far! The problem is most of them seem to make the same choice and it's people with different points of view: Magneto/Prof X/Cyclops/Storm/Jean/Emma. It seems odd that mutants who fought all of their lives for acceptance, chose to flee when they won some battles. It's absurd that they did a thing like this! It doesn't look like our X-Men "normal" behaviour.

The meowtants aren't going to totally cut themselves off from or give up on Earth because it is a shared universe and we need crossover money. They are just going to take their casting couch, all of their villains, the treehouse, Jean's thighs, the Phoenix gun, X-Cow, and a lifetime supply of delicious, life-sustaining glue to a nice greenhouse on Mars. Then they will go to Earth to kiss mutant babies and telepathically violate lawyers. It's cheaper than exploding mansion insurance.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Creating a safe space where mutants and their children can live quietly without fear is not selfish, it is logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Accelerated time like in The World which Fantomex has access to and Xavier is now Fantomex
    Xavier doesn't have Fantomex's body, he used Fantomex's body as, and I quote, "raw material"… (well he asked first)
    So he hasn't Fantomex's powers, only his…

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The game of confirmable chair has begin, will it be glob son of Yog-Sothoth, gabby owner of a wolverine, or the rotting corpse of that one c list character everyon loves.Who know the game of a couch has began, we won't stick the landing, every character you love will die
    I could also mean: "Have a seat, reader, the show has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Xavier doesn't have Fantomex's body, he used Fantomex's body as, and I quote, "raw material"… (well he asked first)
    So he hasn't Fantomex's powers, only his…
    Your right but lets not get facts in the way of a good theory

all this debate about the moving and abandoning integration and mutants taking control of their own destiny means only one thing

before the book comes out, we need to have a bingo card ready to see how many ways house of x rips off the inhumans after secret invasion
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. It could very well be that trying, and dying, to get humans to accept them has been stunting the growth of mutants. They're again being killed in the streets and the government is trying to eradicate their kind with the vaccine. I say let them flee and allow them to evolve as they've been destined to do. Then perhaps they can consider coming back as an independent and stronger group.

Maybe we'll learn mutants are not the evolution of humans but something entirely different.
    Regardless of what they are, the fact is mutants are born to human families and occasionally, humans are born to mutant families. Xavier's dream, peaceful cohabitation between humans and mutants is the only desirable outcome. Segregation means tearing children away from their mothers. A subset of mutantkind leaving Earth does not change this problem, not for mutantkind as a whole nor even just themselves as a long run. It's just a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    what does this meanAttachment 83713
    That’s the new Gold Team roster. The New X-Men are being killed off to make room for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The kid is a clone of Apocalypse. Genesis. Separate entity, and a good guy.
    Yes, i know that but what happened to him? Did he succubed to his Apocalypse persona? Did the original Apocalypse resurfaced and desposed him, what?

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Regardless of what they are, the fact is mutants are born to human families and occasionally, humans are born to mutant families. Xavier's dream, peaceful cohabitation between humans and mutants is the only desirable outcome. Segregation means tearing children away from their mothers. A subset of mutantkind leaving Earth does not change this problem, not for mutantkind as a whole nor even just themselves as a long run. It's just a vacation.
    The most desirable outcome, indeed.
    Peaceful cohabitation could be the culmination of a long-term project.
    Still, after a war, it is not unusual that the persecuted minority obtain a territory where people can feel safe. It eases tensions.

Nevertheless, I agree that real peace requires work and in-depth thinking. Just doing conferences like Xavier did in the past won't never be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Your right but lets not get facts in the way of a good theory
    I wish all the posters were as good-natured as you are. Must be all these smileys.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    all this debate about the moving and abandoning integration and mutants taking control of their own destiny means only one thing

before the book comes out, we need to have a bingo card ready to see how many ways house of x rips off the inhumans after secret invasion
    are you ripping something off when you did it first?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Yes, i know that but what happened to him? Did he succubed to his Apocalypse persona? Did the original Apocalypse resurfaced and desposed him, what?
    So far, as far as we know, he’s been killed off in Age of X-Man by Omega Red. Up til then, he’s alternated between limbo and hanging out with whatever teen group is getting focus in the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    It does not solve the problem but at least it will give them time for the mutant species to grow without worrying about being extinct every 6 months.

Not that this will change the opinion of those who hate mutants. They will probably think that mutants will colonize Mars and one day they will declare war against the Earth so they need to be destroyed before that happens or anything like that.

This is just a temporary change and will eventually fail due to the nature of the comics but given the recent situation for mutants and X-men in recent years it makes sense to at least partly change their mode of operation after so many failures,deaths and near extinction.