Page 113 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3173
    Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL
    I see the mindless "headless chicken" speculations
    wellllll that puts an end to my theory. I guess the whole team can't wear matching masks to boost morale when Headless Chicken doesnt even have a face...

Please comment bellow with your latest House of X theories:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Jean is Hallum's favorite X-Man. He really likes New X-Men. Season One is about Jean. He even brought back Jean from New X-Men so he could write her, the significance of which is undermined by the brilliant editorial planning that approved and hyped up the return of a character who was gone for years after already approving the return of that character and having that happen like 4 months earlier. Anyway, D Double-H is the best Jean writer in general in recent memory.
    Idon'tbelieveyou.gif

He said Jean was one his favorites when he was writing the solo, then Jean and Emma, after that it is Namor and Emma. He was doing PR because he was writing the teen solo.

It's a good thing that editorial undermined it, because he wrote adult jean like crap. At the end nothing was lost, Bunn and Bendis wrote the superior Teen Jean.; Emma to help adult Jean undo one of her own screwups is laughable

You don't even like Jean character, it is like me saying Bunn wrote the best Emma on x-men blue or the IvX is the best of the character

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Idon'tbelieveyou.gif

He said Jean was one his favorites when he was writing the solo, then Jean and Emma, after that it is Namor and Emma. He was doing PR because he was writing the teen solo.

It's a good thing that editorial undermined it, because he wrote adult jean like crap. At the end nothing was lost, Bunn and Bendis wrote the superior Teen Jean.; Emma to help adult Jean undo one of her own screwups is laughable

You don't even like Jean character, it is like me saying Bunn wrote the best Emma on x-men blue or the IvX is the best of the character
    Again, I really believe that if the writer doesn't exactly worship Jean and write Scott and Emma as monsters that cannot be redeemed, they have no talent in your eyes. That's an absolutely ludicrous standard to hold.

Im with Spirit. Hopeless wrote a horrible Jean Grey. His teen Jean was obnoxious and more like Hope-lite and his adult version was wildly out of character. Other than that, he's not that good of a writer. The solo sucked until the end and his All New X-men was such a downgrade from Bendis with very little redeeming value

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked season one, it was a nice read and i enjoyed his Jean there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im with Spirit. Hopeless wrote a horrible Jean Grey. His teen Jean was obnoxious and more like Hope-lite and his adult version was wildly out of character. Other than that, he's not that good of a writer. The solo sucked until the end and his All New X-men was such a downgrade from Bendis with very little redeeming value
    I liked his spider-woman, but Dennis is mostly just a okay writer. I defended his teen jean, but she was the worst one and I regret defending it.
    You don't see many Jean fans raving the solo, it is mostly Emma fans because now they are "best friends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Jean is Hallum's favorite X-Man. He really likes New X-Men. Season One is about Jean. He even brought back Jean from New X-Men so he could write her, the significance of which is undermined by the brilliant editorial planning that approved and hyped up the return of a character who was gone for years after already approving the return of that character and having that happen like 4 months earlier. Anyway, D Double-H is the best Jean writer in general in recent memory.
    Hopeless book was too good for this world. X-Office had to burn it to ashes and ressurect it with some dumb feelgood comic that went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Again, I really believe that if the writer doesn't exactly worship Jean and write Scott and Emma as monsters that cannot be redeemed, they have no talent in your eyes. That's an absolutely ludicrous standard to hold.
    There is a big difference between worshipping a character and making her OOC/incompetent so you can elevate your favorite. It was what Hopeless did

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Hopeless book was too good for this world. X-Office had to burn it to ashes and ressurect it with some dumb feelgood comic that went nowhere.
    LOL this is really funny

so this add to my theory that people only like Jean when dhe soesn't have the upper hand

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Hopeless book was too good for this world.
    all Hopeless books are bad

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    wellllll that puts an end to my theory. I guess the whole team can't wear matching masks to boost morale when Headless Chicken doesnt even have a face...

Please comment bellow with your latest House of X theories:
    I guarantee you someone's already got the right theory, but Hickman's just trying to brush it off with his playful tweets

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I liked his spider-woman, but Dennis is mostly just a okay writer. I defended his teen jean, but she was the worst one and I regret defending it.
    You don't see many Jean fans raving the solo, it is mostly Emma fans because now they are "best friends"
    Literally no Emma fans have ever said that ever.

I love how you think Jean and Emma interacting like actual functioning adults, and not Jean just psi-blasting Emma into a million pieces is them being "best friends".

I also don't get how Jean was OOC here. Perhaps a little on edge, but no one is more aware of what happens when someone is grossly unprepared to host the Phoenix, and Jeen was spending the whole solo running away from dealing with it. More importantly, whenever things do go badly with the Phoenix, the one person who can do something about it conclusively is Jean, and this was a case where she would be unable to really help if Jeen went dark.

dennis is hot no bully
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I don't doubt that Hopeless likes Jean. But I still mostly dislike his version of her. It happens sometimes. Guggs worshipped Kitty and he ended up writing the most obnoxious version of her. Sometimes being a fan is not enough.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't doubt that Hopeless likes Jean. But I still mostly dislike his version of her. It happens sometimes. Guggs worshipped Kitty and he ended up writing the most obnoxious version of her. Sometimes being a fan is not enough.
    Sometimes being a fan is bad, because the writer can't be objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Sometimes being a fan is bad, because the writer can't be objective.
    Yeah, though I'm not sure this is what happened with Hopeless... It felt like he just had this vision of Jeen being a super bratty teenager and adult Jean being a total bitch because... reasons. The difference from how Jean was acting in her solo vs Blue was crazy. He just likes writing those kinds of bickering I guess.