Page 153 of 212 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    You're right, Storm could have done more, but the real problem is that Capi never doubted Logan and it never occurred to him to ask Rachel, who should be the first person to turn to in case of a problem with the Phoenix.

A cosmic entity that destroys planets and your expert is Logan? It's as if Galactus came to Earth and you ask Luke Cage his opinion.
    Storm read that room. She did what she could. Stood up and walked out. Like the avengers were going to believe any mutant, including rachel saying the phoenix would help. I don't think anyone buys that. No avenger in that room even wanted mutants repowered.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Storm read that room. She did what she could. Stood up and walked out. Like the avengers were going to believe any mutant, including rachel saying the phoenix would help. I don't think anyone buys that. No avenger in that room even wanted mutants repowered.
    And that's for me exactly why the Avengers need Storm on their team! They need a moral compass, because if not, they're doomed to repeat the same mistakes again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    At the time Scott assumed Cable had unleashed sentinels on them and infected two regular humans with the nano version and only someone completely unhinged would do that kind of stuff. Particularly considering kids were almost killed during Bishop's little stunt, since he needed that sweet infant pentakill. Using lethal force was better than risking seeing what a sociopath who'd do stuff like that would try next. Scott's reasoning was certainly not moral, but it was either MAYBE killing Cable or letting him use Hope for more fucked up stuff, as assumed at that given moment.
    Damm, Bishop was so damm close, stupid Cable and his good parenting had to get in the way.

Who did she read? Cap asks the room about the PF and all she say is Goddess and bounces. WTF? She could and should have said something. The way they handled her here was weak sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Who did she read? Cap asks the room about the PF and all she say is Goddess and bounces. WTF? She could and should have said something. The way they handled her here was weak sauce
    Your picture shows it all. She literally said goddess, looked at Cap, and then left. Why didn't cap go after her, why didn't he want more mutant voices? Because he knew everyone in that room was on the same page. So yes, she read the room. Hell even her own husband just let her walk off once daddy was like let her go.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-24-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yeah, that scan shows that Steve pretty much knew what the plan going in, regardless. I doubt anything that Storm might say would have changed his mind, which is why he said she is where she "needs to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, that scan shows that Steve pretty much knew what the plan going in, regardless. I doubt anything that Storm might say would have changed his mind, which is why he said she is where she "needs to be."
    It also shows she is a better person than me because instead of honoring his "this is confidential information." i would have at least got the all the scoop before i left. lol. But even knowing what was up she decided to respect the avengers.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Fantastic Member

ugh how did this turn into avx talk? god why can't that event just keel over and just die forever.

BANNED

Isn't this scan by our lord and savior Bendis
    Like, Bendis, the guy who wrote Storm chastising Scott for defending a young black man from brutal law enforcement
    Just to make sure we're all on the same page that he was nearly incapable of writing this specific character well and everything he did with her should be waved away with sure-jan.gif

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    ugh how did this turn into avx talk? god why can't that event just keel over and just die forever.
    Marvel itself keeps bringing it up, and the Cyclops was wrong narrative; earlier today, JDW said that Cyclops needed redemption for something he did before Schism and that will come up soon- almost certainly in Rosenberg's run.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Isn't this scan by our lord and savior Bendis
    Like, Bendis, the guy who wrote Storm chastising Scott for defending a young black man from brutal law enforcement
    Just to make sure we're all on the same page that he was nearly incapable of writing this specific character well and everything he did with her should be waved away with sure-jan.gif
    As much as i don't like certain things i don't wave off what a writer does until another writer does. Which is why i thank the goddess everyone after Scott Lobdell ignore his pathetic attempt to make storm get a fever in a blizzard when we saw her having no problem in the artic on many occasions. And i cringed at how bendis treated Storm. Foaming at the mouth and laid out most of the run.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It also shows she is a better person than me because instead of honoring his "this is confidential information." i would have at least got the all the scoop before i left. lol. But even knowing what was up she decided to respect the Avengers.
    Yeah, I feel she made the right step. The Avengers felt this was a world-ending threat and were willing to break as many moral codes as they could get away with, which could include detaining Storm if they knew she was in their camp and was on the opposite side, arguing their point or "getting aggressive" or maybe even listening in on intel. I don't know, the Avengers seemed very short and combative so it wouldn't seem to out of line for them to pull something like that in this event. Steve beat the crap out of Logan and dropped him at Antartica or something.

For the past few years, every time a big new writer/change is announced as coming to the X-men one of the big speculations is the idea of "The X-men and all mutants move to Mars/The Moon/Alternate Dimension/Some place far away" and remove themselves from the rest of the MU. Then everyone gnashes their teeth over what is essentially unfounded speculation.

Why is this idea so prevalent all the time?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Marvel itself keeps bringing it up, and the Cyclops was wrong narrative; earlier today, JDW said that Cyclops needed redemption for something he did before Schism and that will come up soon- almost certainly in Rosenberg's run.
    Great, so that badly written ooc event is being brought back up to the forefront, why is it marvel can't see why that event didn't turn out the way they think it did. Are they this oblivious to their own narrative they were writing before that? Like how badly they had been dogging mutants and putting them into horrible situation after horrible situation, with no outside superhero support or help (for the most part) only to see the situation from one side, that was totally inaccurately wrong.

Why does marvel keep thinking their audience is a bunch of idiots? ugh.

Spectacular Member