Page 162 of 212 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3173
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Welcome to X-couple thread.
    Hope you survive the experience.
    Sadly that's Soaps for ya. X-Men is said to be a Soap Opera, and the pairings are what can make people the most crazy. Namely if certain fans feel a pairing degrades or disrespects their favs.

• Like some who hate Scemma, and Rosenberg referencing it in his Uncanny hasn't won any points with haters.
    • Some hate Jean x Bishop, but I really think haters have nothing to fear here. I can't imagine it being serious. JDW mentioned it was gonna be Storm x Bishop, but it was swapped out for Jean because she's only ever had Scott. So I don't think much thought was put into it.
    • Everyone knows my MHP, and seeing them near each other is triggering. lol
    • I can assume some Scemma Shippers and /or Jott haters may not care for the close proximity of Scott x Jean in the HOX promos. But the Scemma we're getting now has the groups not-worried.

It's just the case with many fandoms. Pairings will be one of the most triggering or argued things.

Buffy has been gone over 20 years and we still have the Bangel vs. Spuffy feud going on. Joss Whedon didn't help since he didn't have the balls to confirm either ship and flipped flopped to the bitter end.

Friends still has the whole "We Were On A Break" thing debated, regarding who was right, or more in the wrong.

BUT things may be resolved if Hickman frees up the X-Men for some free love & orgy sessions like his pitch said. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-25-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is honestly so much better to don't touch the topic as much as possible but sadly somehow everything always derail into it. Even this thread that has very little to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I forgot about Cassandra, sorry.
    You're right. Jean's omega status counts for little because she will always job to any thread.
    That's a problem specially for strong Telepaths, who constantly need to job because how OP (but fucking AWESOME) TP is, specially on strong, competent Telepaths, and then you have the likes of Jean who are not only on the top TP-wise, but is also a top notch Telekinetic, so her jobbing is further increased.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    That's a problem specially for strong Telepaths, who constantly need to job because how OP (but fucking AWESOME) TP is, specially on strong, competent Telepaths, and then you have the likes of Jean who are not only on the top TP-wise, but is also a top notch Telekinetic, so her jobbing is further increased.
    It is so weird that having so many powerful telepaths is usually so useless for the X-men. Very few times they do creative things with such a versatile power and most of their enemies are somewhat resistant.

It is honestly so much better to don't touch the topic as much as possible but sadly somehow everything always derail into it. Even this thread that has very little to do with it.
    Ah but for some of us, the occasional vents are all we have. For those of us with OTPs that aren't respected or have had out battleship sunk.

But true. it is Off-Topic. Getting back on topic, the setting looks interesting. Seems the war with humans has reached its peak before the mutants decide to take their leave. The scans with Jean & Broccoli boy may be one of the epilogues for the book.

It seems like so much is going on, it's hard to believe it'll take place in just 12 issues.

I wonder if some X-Men will take a leave, while other groups decide to stay on Earth. Everyone may not leave.

It is so weird that having so many powerful telepaths is usually so useless for the X-men. Very few times they do creative things with such a versatile power.
    Yup.

I mean, at least our Telepaths get some nice feats, but it's sometimes hilarious that after some incredible, amazing feats, you have them acting kind of incompetently in the face of lesser situations or everyone and their mother is pulling some crazy ass "anti-TP" tech that suddenly gets to block then.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

It is so weird that having so many powerful telepaths is usually so useless for the X-men. Very few times they do creative things with such a versatile power and most of their enemies are somewhat resistant.
    Well, it got brought up in the Justice League vs. X-Men thread: If you put a team of Jean, Rachel, Emma, Betsy, and the Cuckoos together, there isn't a single seven person team in the Marvel universe outside cosmic beings that don't just lose to that. TP/TK have been made so overwhelming that even lesser users like Hellion or Kid Omega are top class just by existing.

The HoX/Pox stuff looks good,The motion comic stuff is kinda of interesting
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-26-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The HoX/Pox stuff looks good,The motion comic stuff is kinda of interesting
    The motion has always looked creepy to me. I like it because it's so odd-looking. lol If they did motion books like this, it may sell pretty well.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-26-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The motion has always looked creepy to me. I like it because it's so odd-looking. lol If they did motion books like this, it may sell pretty well.
    It is extra work that happens after the fact. If they could do it on time it would sell. Yeah it is a little creeping looking but it is pretty good when they do it

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is extra work that happens after the fact. If they could do it on time it would sell. Yeah it is a little creeping looking but it is pretty good when they do it
    IThat's a good one! it looks even creepier when they put it to Loeb's Wolverine run. lol

Which already had the most unsettling art-style.

Sadly the voice acting makes it hilarious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I miss Opeña. Free him, Rick!
    Hickman should steal Matteo Scalera, Wes Craig and Greg Tocchini from Remender

BANNED

Larraz is just one of the best artists at marvel right now, only stegman and Asrar are a match for his great work.

Would love to see Larraz carry on with the Uncanny X-Men in wave one after house of X.

I have no idea what's going on in the panels but it looks fantastic.

Anyone see Larraz post a story on Instagram showing these books on huge billboards?

So good to see the X-Men finally get the push they deserve again.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Hickman should steal Matteo Scalera, Wes Craig and Greg Tocchini from Remender
    They should steal Remender as well. I would love to see him back on the X-books working alongside Hickman, it would be an absolute dream team for me.

Remembering Remender's positions in Uncanny Avengers I think he and Hickman have completely opposite positions on mutants. Remender was in favor of cultural assimilation, Hickman seems to be going for "Mutant pride"