Page 111 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Counting Teen Jean - which we should according to Extermination - she's been back since 2012.
    Key part "according to Extermination". Which came out less than a year ago. Before that, Jeen was pretty much a different character, who didn't act that much like her adult self and even **** talked her sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Key part "according to Extermination". Which came out less than a year ago. Before that, Jeen was pretty much a different character, who didn't act that much like her adult self and even **** talked her sometimes.
    Haven’t we all?

I mentioned Extermination since Hopeless or Bunn went in the direction of AU characters close to the end.

But they were intended to be the real versions from the start and were depicted as such for the major part of their visit in the present.

And if some Jean fans did not like how Jeen was written, well, tough. Happens to many characters, the Thor fans for example have not been happy with their guy for quite some time.
    Last edited by myownlittleusername; 06-18-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Haven’t we all?
    Lol. Tbh it only really bothered me on the solo Hopeless run. Bendis wrote it more as her just dreading the awful things that could happen to her, Lemire didn't really touch that whole thing, and Bunn had her being sympathetic and even having a good relationship with her older self.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I mentioned Extermination since Hopeless or Bunn went in the direction of AU characters close to the end.

But they were intended to be the real versions from the start and were depicted as such for the major part of their stay.
    They were meant to be the real versions in-story but when everything we've read about the characters doesn't count for them because they didn't live it yet(and depending on the direction Marvel went with them, possibly never would), they're essentially alternate versions for us anyway.

Whenever we talk about Extermination I think about how terrifying it is that Beast now knows how to do magic.

Anyway, in the end the "change of heart" of Tyke in Black Vortex was mentioned again sometime?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Whenever we talk about Extermination I think about how terrifying it is that Beast now knows how to do magic.

Anyway, in the end the "change of heart" of Tyke in Black Vortex was mentioned again sometime?
    I don't even remember what the change of heart was, so, probably not.

I wonder if M & Husk will play similar roles as Cannonball & Sunspot in Hickman's Avengers.

While the girls certainly aren't new to the X-Men, they really haven't been on this big a stage. Paige even less so than Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I wonder if M & Husk will play similar roles as Cannonball & Sunspot in Hickman's Avengers.

While the girls certainly aren't new to the X-Men, they really haven't been on this big a stage. Paige even less so than Monet.
    I'm super down for that!!
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

It doesnt make sense to me why Jean would wear a mask, her identity is public. But Logan, Professor, Mags and Scott are also concealing their faces so maybe it is out of necessity?

Also I have to say, it's weird always seeing those 5 always on promos as mutant leaders when Storm is seldom amongst them and easily as influential imo...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    It doesnt make sense to me why Jean would wear a mask, her identity is public. But Logan, Professor, Mags and Scott are also concealing their faces so maybe it is out of necessity?

Also I have to say, it's weird always seeing those 5 always on promos as mutant leaders when Storm is seldom amongst them and easily as influential imo...
    I don't think we're meant to assume one cover= they are the most influential leaders. Even because they can be misleading, and Logan specially has shown up in a lot of covers for issues he didn't do anything important.

Everybody needs a mask or something so mutants can have their own assortment of Snapchat filters. MUTANTS DON'T USE HUMAN SOCIAL MEDIA FILTERS.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Everybody needs a mask or something so mutants can have their own assortment of Snapchat filters. MUTANTS DON'T USE HUMAN SOCIAL MEDIA FILTERS.
    So many mutants are born beautiful, others have to hide their human faces.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post

They dont wear a mask to hide their identity. That hasnt been the case in decades. Its purely aesthetic

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They dont wear a mask to hide their identity. That hasnt been the case in decades. Its purely aesthetic
    Im just speculating on an observation, I mean, there is going to be a story reason for Jean at least, to be covering her face. People dont just put on masks for no reason.

"So many mutants are born beautiful, others have to hide their human faces."

That's actually a really interesting idea even if youre being tongue in cheek lol.

I also think this story will have something to do with Proteus, maybe the way his power works..

Lol. Tbh it only really bothered me on the solo Hopeless run. Bendis wrote it more as her just dreading the awful things that could happen to her, Lemire didn't really touch that whole thing, and Bunn had her being sympathetic and even having a good relationship with her older self.
    Hopeless doesn't like adult Jean and it shows on his writing.

They were meant to be the real versions in-story but when everything we've read about the characters doesn't count for them because they didn't live it yet(and depending on the direction Marvel went with them, possibly never would), they're essentially alternate versions for us anyway.
    Agree. They were going on different ways than the adult ones

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    To be fair, Jean was dead for 13 years during which she was either denigrated or constantly teased as coming back. Insecurity is built into Jean's fanbase.
    People have to understand it. It wasn't a walk in the park
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-18-2019 at 07:37 AM.