Page 120 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yes. HoX/PoX is the kickoff. HoX will tell the events of the month that leads to everything changing. PoX will likely reveal the secret that will change how we look at everything.
    I know that, that was communicated 100 of times. I was wondering what will set it off. Will that indeed be done in both #1 issues, or will something happen in Age of X-Man, or UXM that set things for HoX and PoX in motion.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

How so? I seem to remember Hope having a antagonistic relationship with Scott that borded on open hostility after Cables death. As for Logan didn't they have a sort of begrudging respect for each other? Awkward. But nothing extremely creepy.
    Imagine having to take care of your ex as a baby, later as a teen- to be fair, they already did it with 05 Jean. And Hope's relationship with Scott had evolved and got better during Generation Hope and Gillen's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I know that, that was communicated 100 of times. I was wondering what will set it off. Will that indeed be done in both #1 issues, or will something happen in Age of X-Man, or UXM that set things for HoX and PoX in motion.
    It is self contained

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You are the one projecting, because clearly Jean attacked Emma because of it.

The marriage was having problems, But not failing. it started to fail when emma started the pschic affair
    It's takes two to tango honey. If the marriage had enough "problems" that both parties had to go an cheat on the other than that's a failed marriage. And for the record Jean kissed Logan LONG before Scott sought Emma out for therapy another case of your revisionist history.

Also take note that Jean had already started to forgive Emma when she was reconstructing her in New X-men. "She LOVES him, Hank. Emma has actually fallen in love with my husband." and her very next line is "Wake up Emma. Scott needs you." Which you'd see if you weren't blinded by your hatred of Emma.

Although we've gotten off topic so this will be the last I bring it up here.
    Last edited by loke13; 06-19-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    That is what I am saying. HoX is the setting off. It starts there, in HoX #1. Charles Xavier sets things in motion. PoX #1 will probably reveal that he has been planning this for a long time.

As for the current books:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickman
    So, after some back-and-forth, knowing what I had planned, Jordan and the writers put together a mix of very intriguing stories and series, and outside of a few extremely minor things, no one was given story beats to hit, or departure points, and I personally didn't give anyone notes. Both House of X and Powers of X start in a really clean place. So those lead-up books had a very particular mandate, which was basically, ‘just go nuts, swing away, and knock it out of the park.'
    I don't consider something that is essential to putting HoX into motion to be minor, and I don't think anything being necessary reading would mean HoX/PoX start in a clean place. Also, they would be hyping the heck out of the current books if it was essential to Hickman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That is what I am saying. HoX is the setting off. It starts there, in HoX #1. Charles Xavier sets things in motion. PoX #1 will probably reveal that he has been planning this for a long time.

As for the current books:

I don't consider something that is essential to putting HoX into motion to be minor, and I don't think anything being necessary reading would mean HoX/PoX start in a clean place. Also, they would be hyping the heck out of the current books if it was essential to Hickman.
    That quote is pretty much the epitome of Uncanny Xmen lol just the writer going nuts. Scott losing an eye, team members dying left and right, former villains all coming back, mutant cure, Hope becoming a terrorist and then a member of the X-Men, Emma trying to pull a Xanatos Gambit, etc.

Mighty Member

spirit2011, loke13, et al:

The Rectangle thread was created specifically for the Scemma vs. Jott (and Jott vs. Jogan) shipping wars. Please use.

Remember, when in the ring, keep it clean. No shots below the belt. No biting the refs. Beyond that, enjoy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The 180 was because of the massive backlash from IvX, with Emma fans being the most upset with her portrayal. After the social media backlash, Bunn reversed course and had Havoc be stupidly evil instead (so he could blame it on AXIS, which also makes zero sense).
    You really think Bunn altered his story because of backlash from Emma fans? Is she that big of a character with a massive fan base that would/could him to do that? These books are written, drawn and printed months in advance before they hit the shelves. To suggest that Bunn did a 180 to appease Emma fans is really reaching. Bigger characters than Emma have their stories play out without any alterations, I don't believe that Bunn changed anything regarding his storyline with Emma. Any writer that bows to fan complaints rather than tell their story should not be writing, Arron is doing it with Thor so is Coates with Black Panther. Emma has her fans to be sure but no way they caused Bunn to do a 180.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    You really think Bunn altered his story because of backlash from Emma fans? Is she that big of a character with a massive fan base that would/could him to do that? These books are written, drawn and printed months in advance before they hit the shelves. To suggest that Bunn did a 180 to appease Emma fans is really reaching. Bigger characters than Emma have their stories play out without any alterations, I don't believe that Bunn changed anything regarding his storyline with Emma. Any writer that bows to fan complaints rather than tell their story should not be writing, Arron is doing it with Thor so is Coates with Black Panther. Emma has her fans to be sure but no way they caused Bunn to do a 180.
    There was months between Secret Empire and Mothervine. Emma's 180 made no sense and does feel like he altered his script to make Havok the fall guy. instead. Emma's writing was not consistent at all. You act like massive rewrites cant happen last minute (which this wasnt). The whole Gambit and Rogue wedding switcheroo in Gold #30 is a perfect example of that

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I really hope Hickman is clever enough to focus on letting Scott, Jean and Emma hash it out, like everyone else, on their different ideologies on what mutants should do next instead. I'd rather they be single for now even.

In fact this is at the top of my list for what to see in HoX

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    I really hope Hickman is clever enough to focus on letting Scott, Jean and Emma hash it out, like everyone else, on their different ideologies on what mutants should do next instead. I'd rather they be single for now even.

In fact this is at the top of my list for what to see in HoX
    I think there'll be some address, but not much. I have heard from many familiar with him that he doesn't dwell on romance. Canonball got married in his Avengers run, but he didn't elaborate or expand on the relationship. It was mostly an off-panel development.

So chances are, at best, Hickman may hint at some things, put some pieces in place, and then the real romantic hash-outs will be done by other writers for Wave titles.

Hickman himself mentioned some books following a familiar setup, but others being more unconventional. So we may go to an era where some books will have rotating rosters with characters working between different teams, and that can explain better why Wolverine is in 3 different places at once. lol But not just him, it frees other characters up to move around more.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-19-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Good to hear. But how do we feel about this rotating cast member business?

For a long time I have thought this is the number one problem with Xbooks. They need to name the books, and divy up the rosters into teams, no crossover. I think that's the best way to go.

I think that's when they were the most functional, I recall when we had Uncanny, Adjectiveless and Astonishing. "Okay this team has Storm, This one has Cyclops, this one is led by Rogue." Done, easy to understand, and there's variety too. Everyone gets face time.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Good to hear. But how do we feel about this rotating cast member business?

For a long time I have thought this is the number one problem with Xbooks. They need to name the books, and divy up the rosters into teams, no crossover. I think that's the best way to go.

I think that's when they were the most functional, I recall when we had Uncanny, Adjectiveless and Astonishing. "Okay this team has Storm, This one has Cyclops, this one is led by Rogue." Done, easy to understand, and there's variety too. Everyone gets face time.
    Hickman said the teams rosters won't be so clear
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-19-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I doubt Bunn changed stories. It was double shipping and the work to redo a issue would be almost impossible without fill ins and geting the issue late.
    I agree a writer should tell the story, let others fix the mess. When it pass a editor it is hard to fix without screwing a story

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

If I remember correctly Bunn did change his plans dramatically but not for fan outrage, it was editorial.
    The book was going to end way earlier and on a total different place.
    He could have change his plans for emma in the process.