Page 26 of 212 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

To everyone worried about their favorite characters not showing up in the promotional image...relax

We just went through this with X-Men Disassembled. Just because someone is in the promo material, does not mean they will be involved in the story. And vice versa.

Speculation is fun, but this is nothing to get stressed about.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    To everyone worried about their favorite characters not showing up in the promotional image...relax

We just went through this with X-Men Disassembled. Just because someone is in the promo material, does not mean they will be involved in the story. And vice versa.

Agree but there is a difference between Disassembled poster where should appear All X-Men and HiX-Man poster where Everything is supposted to be drawn for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    https://twitter.com/nick_lowe_/statu...72415252942848

"You SHOULD, but you don't need to. The first issue will both be a great entry point and possibly change how you see ALL of X-Men history.

YEET
    Retcons? seems like a new compacted version of x-men history

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    https://twitter.com/nick_lowe_/statu...72415252942848

"You SHOULD, but you don't need to. The first issue will both be a great entry point and possibly change how you see ALL of X-Men history.

YEET
    I miss daddy Lowe.

I think this one, as opposed to the Disassembled poster by Marquez, is an intentional teaser of what is to come.

But you’re right. Things could still go either way.

Mighty Member

I am intrigued enough to subscribe.

Some people hate mutants because they are “genetic freaks”, or “inferior” (I.e. racism) not because they are worried about them having superpowers. Is that hard to believe?

Also in real life folks will see one group of folks do something and say “well done” and see another group of folks do the same exact thing and say “but...”. So it’s not really unreasonable to see the contradiction.
    The idea of mutants as an oppressed minority also fails because mutants are too powerful. If a group includes members who can flatten cities by looking at them, the only way they can be oppressed is by serious deficits of character or intellect (in which case the oppression is arguably warranted).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    The idea of mutants as an oppressed minority also fails because mutants are too powerful. If a group includes members who can flatten cities by looking at them, the only way they can be oppressed is by serious deficits of character or intellect (in which case the oppression is arguably warranted).
    Yeah, but they're living in a world of Sentinels, Ultrons and plenty of powerful people that aren't mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    "Give mutants rights or I'll blow up Mumbai!!!"

Just because you can flatten a city doesn't mean that you want to... no matter how much you or your kind may be threatened. Not everyone at Magneto or Exodus' power levels will go around doing or threatening to do what Magneto or Exodus do; some would have to realize that blowing up cities only makes things worse for every mutant, especially those with limited powers and/or loved ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Why is this exciting again? Aside from some oddities it’s a lot of nostalgia pandering again. XMen in old costumes etc. Why cant we have good stories in the present without some AU or timetravel?
    ^This^

Been asking this question for a while now

Unfortunately nostalgia, character mash-ups, alternate realities and time travel is what passes for creativity at Marvel/the X-office these days

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Pretty sure the forum knows this but they just like being mean.
    "Cable was right!"

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Mark Brooks said on Twitter "No one has picked up on what's in Cable's hands yet"

Looks like a gun to me... Thoughts?
    Apologies if it's been pointed out anywhere, but I'm pretty sure it's Forge power neutralizer.

What can I say but, "I love comics."

Yeah, I would hope with work done so far in advance we’d see glimpses of a totally new aesthetic and new characters while we await details of the new vibe and story.

I just can’t be jazzed about old clothes.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...my interest is piqued.
    Lovelovelove Larraz. Silva, with a good inker and colourist is...serviceable.
    That said...I'm not too pleased about the double bi-weekly shipping schedule of both LS running concurrently (thank the Goddess my only other Marvel book is Daredevil) plus the inevitable $9.00 first-issue price point with the garbage filler back-ups...I'm not here for that shyt. My fingers are crossed that Hickman foregoes all of that nonsense and cash-grabbing chicanery and instead gives us quality, relevant, straight forward storytelling.
    Depending on what is further released in the coming months I may just settle on the Hickman/Larraz series.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-25-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Someone made a good point about Hickman and how he writes. Complaining about missing faves is not going to solve anything because he might not even write a character focused run. This can be all about revitalizing the brand and making it more accessible.

I don't know about that. Hickman said everyone shown was there for a reason. He is very particular about what he does