Page 115 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3173

but.......is it a crime to want Emma and Jean to be friends? They have worse things to worry about about than fighting over a marriage that was canonically failing at the time (jeanscott stans don’t hurt me pls). This isn’t me waving my pro-adultery flag but I’m assuming they’re gonna be occupying the same space in HiX-Men. I’d rather it be as close acquaintances who occasionally shade each other than bitter rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

I've found Twitter fandom to be a better gauge of many things than what critics say, what "hardcore fans" say, etc. A lot of cases of people being angry get written off as "over-reaction," making things up, or "wanting to be mad," but my experience is that those tend to be just a means of brushing off complaints instead of taking the time to look deeper into them.

Disclaimer: none of the above is stating a position any which way on the very specific topic being talked about right here. I haven't read enough of it, and probably don't have enough info on the history with Jean and Emma anyway, to really weigh in on this one. My comment above is about Twitter matters in general.

There's a reason people that work at Marvel feel like being on Twitter, and further, why they use it to discuss their work.
    Recent events involving creative professionals and social media beg to differ. Social Media is nothing but a bad idea for almost everyone, and Twitter is one of the worst areas. It's an echo-chamber :x

No one should take anyone on that website seriously. Just my humble opinion. Not to mention the fandom twitter areas are utter bile.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    but.......is it a crime to want Emma and Jean to be friends? They have worse things to worry about about than fighting over a marriage that was canonically failing at the time (jeanscott stans don’t hurt me pls). This isn’t me waving my pro-adultery flag but I’m assuming they’re gonna be occupying the same space in HiX-Men. I’d rather it be as close acquaintances who occasionally shade each other than bitter rivals.
    Some would say it is. Some would say it is...

If I had a shield to lend you, I would. That being said, I'm going to reserve any judgment until I have a book in my hand and a (hopefully) high quality book in which the ink doesn't smear. When it smears...there's tears.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-18-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love Jean and my dislike for Emma has disminished a lot (in fact i appreciate somethings about her) but i don't think they should be friends. Not everybody needs to be friends. In real life there always are people with who you don't get along.
    and for as much as any writer tries to avoid drama at the end of the day is what their interactions will be about.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-18-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I love Jean and my dislike for Emma has disminished a lot but i don't think they should be friends. Not everybody needs to be friends. In real life there always are people with who you don't get along.
    and for as much as any writer tries to avoid drama at the end of the day is what their interactions will be about.
    I would love them to be on a team for a bit, just because they are actually fun when they interact with each other even when they are snarky at one another. They could even have them gradually start to not mind working together as time progresses. I agree they aren't going to be BFF's any time soon, but I could see them reaching a straight out truce with each other and just buckling down to work together as team mates.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I would love them to be on a team for a bit, just because they are actually fun when they interact with each other even when they are snarky at one another. They could even have them gradually start to not mind working together as time progresses. I agree they aren't going to be BFF's any time soon, but I could see them reaching a straight out truce with each other and just buckling down to work together as team mates.
    This would be ideal, I think. Who does Emma call friend these days?

BANNED

It depends on your views on how much damage Emma did to Jean's life.
    Which either is:
    1. Jean was humiliated in Morrison's run through gaining godlike power and ending a marriage to a man she clearly didn't love/care about anymore.
    2. The affair between Scott and Emma was not so bad as some stuff other characters did and, through extensive work, they could eventually be on more friendly terms.

Polarizing, I know. Anyway, there are X-Men who should be on worse terms (in theory), like Cyclops/Cable/Hope and Bishop, but even so, there are people able to gloss over whatever they want. Then again, you have to remember how many of them are able to forgive Magneto on a whim. So it's up to you to decide, I guess. It's by no means a crime and sure, a valid opinion as many others are.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 06-18-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Some would say it is. Some would say it is...

If I had a shield to lend you, I would. That being said, I'm going to reserve any judgment until I have a book in my hand and a (hopefully) high quality book in which the ink doesn't smear. When it smears...there's tears.
    I was forged in the fires of “say the most outrageously offensive things because it’s edgy” Twitter. As the true Captain America said: I am the shield. But I’m expecting Jott/Scemma threads/thread derailments kicked into high gear during HoXPoX..

I love Jean and my dislike for Emma has disminished a lot (in fact i appreciate somethings about her) but i don't think they should be friends. Not everybody needs to be friends. In real life there always are people with who you don't get along.
    Yeah, but also: their dynamic >>>>

Besides, her experiences with Jeen should already be changing things

can greeneto beat thiccrod in a fight, are thiccrod and his pal mecha ghidorah tri gonna DoFP all these weird new guys by the end of Po10
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The marriage was in crisis, Maybe without Emma the marriage would be back on track. Marriage have down and ups.
    Jean loved and still loves Scott why would she be friends with Emma? LOL She also badmouthed Jean every chance she had. There is also the dark phoenix.
    Friends? no freacking way

I

Yeah, but also: their dynamic >>>>

Besides, her experiences with Jeen should already be changing things
    No it shouldn't. Emma was also a villain.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It depends on your views on how much damage Emma did to Jean's life.
    Which either is:
    1. Jean was humiliated in Morrison's run through gaining godlike power and ending a marriage to a man she clearly didn't love/care about anymore.
    2. The affair between Scott and Emma was not so bad as some stuff other characters did and, through extensive work, they could eventually be on more friendly terms.

Polarizing, I know. Anyway, there are X-Men who should be on worse terms (in theory), like Cyclops/Cable/Hope and Bishop, but even so, there are people able to gloss over whatever they want. Then again, you have to remember how many of them are able to forgive Magneto on a whim. So it's up to you to decide, I guess. It's by no means a crime and sure, a valid opinion as many others are.
    Not being mortal enemies is good, actually being friendly is something else.

But yeah, realistically, there's people that should be on much worse terms. Ironically, the two X-men Jean should hate the most after they tried to murder Hope would be...Bishop and Wolverine.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Isn't anybody else worried about Storm?
    I mentioned this before but i fear she will be limited to wallpaper. I like Jean, Cyclops, Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine but Storm is up there with them for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Not being mortal enemies is good, actually being friendly is something else.

But yeah, realistically, there's people that should be on much worse terms. Ironically, the two X-men Jean should hate the most after they tried to murder Hope would be...Bishop and Wolverine.
    Emma also tried to kill Hope, Scott tortured her on his nosense training

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Your first mistake is taking anything or anyone from Twitter seriously or giving them the time of day.

Your life would be less stressful if you just went with the flow and accept that not every run with your favorite character is going to be good or to your liking. Unless, of course, you enjoying being angry all the time. In that case:
    I don't pay atention on twitter, but when the writer RT it into my timeline I can't ignore

It took decades to get a solo, then Hopeless wasted it. That is hard

BANNED

Isn't anybody else worried about Storm?
    I mentioned this before but i fear she will be limited to wallpaper. I like Jean, Cyclops, Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine but Storm is up there with them for me.
    Honestly it just feels like they don't know what to do with her and are delegating to Coates. Here's hoping she has an actual role at least after HoX/PoX is over. Past years have been awful to Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma also tried to kill Hope, Scott tortured her on his nosense training

I don't pay atention on twitter, but when the writer RT it into my timeline I can't ignore

It took decades to get a solo, then Hopeless wasted it. That is hard
    When did Emma ever try and kill Hope? And calling Scott training her the exact same as he has ever trained any student under his care "torture" is hyperbole at its absolute worst.