Page 85 of 212 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3173

JDW can technically be right and say that "Illyana merged with Colossus is technically a new character".

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    JDW can technically be right and say that "Illyana merged with Colossus is technically a new character".
    I think they said that these characters are not "warps".

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I think they said that these characters are not "warps".
    Warps is a specific term for Infinity Warps. Do you remember when Captain America had not been brainwashed because what the cosmic cube did was technically different?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Warps is a specific term for Infinity Warps. Do you remember when Captain America had not been brainwashed because what the cosmic cube did was technically different?
    Still don't think it's merged/warped characters. Those are almost always lame and not a good way to re-establish the X-Men.

I mean, the idea that the offspring of two mutants could inherit both their powersets would be incredibly alarming for baseline humans. Mutants are kind of ridiculous already, but only on about a par with the super soldier serumed, technology enhanced, or mutate Avengers. In a few generations mutants could scale geometrically and become the dominant power on the plane. I wonder if this is what Hickman has in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I mean, the idea that the offspring of two mutants could inherit both their powersets would be incredibly alarming for baseline humans. Mutants are kind of ridiculous already, but only on about a par with the super soldier serumed, technology enhanced, or mutate Avengers. In a few generations mutants could scale geometrically and become the dominant power on the plane. I wonder if this is what Hickman has in mind?
    The problem is that we should assume that the Summers genes are defective. Rachel, Nate and Cable do not have the Cyclops powerset, only Grey.

On the other hand, Ruby was Summers + Frost. X-23 and Daken are basically the same as Logan.

And lastly, the Apocalypse twins did not have the same powers as their parents. So far there has been no consistency.

Sometimes it has occurred, sometimes not. I'm sure there have to be more examples, I think Storm's daughter in Battle of the Atom had her powers and a suspicious panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Yeah, I keep thinking the girl is probably just Kitty and Piotr's daughter, with Kitty's phasng, Piotr's skin and hair colour, and then she's inherited the Soul Sword from her aunt too. That seems to satisfy Ockham's Razor, despite all the different elements combined in her.
    This is what I've been saying. I could also see the Green Magneto (god that looks bad) being the son of Polaris and red Nightcrawler obviously being Kurt's son (the wuestion is with whom).

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This is what I've been saying. I could also see the Green Magneto (god that looks bad) being the son of Polaris and red Nightcrawler obviously being Kurt's son (the wuestion is with whom).
    From the "Deep Cuts...", I have found myself getting a laugh out of that they might be those Skrull mutants from Cadre K.

Astonishing Member

I think they are merges, and that they can only happen with blood relatives.
    Sorry for being extremely picky, but I am sure whatever these things are, will ignore the powers of Mikhail Rasputin and Abyss, relatives of Colossus/Magik and Nightcrawler. They have basically been soft rebooted out of continuity.

Spectacular Member

Is it weird that I'm now shipping Hotcrawler with Greeneto? I don't usually do that, but...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Somebody bred Erik with a japanese Ditto, I guess.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Has anyone came up with this idea yet?

Currently Rogue's powers are changing big time in Mr. & Mrs. X. she can absorb powers now without touching people.

What if she somehow infects Gambit with it as well...

Could those two mixed characters then not be Rogue and Gambit who absorbed powers of 10 X-Men (in total) and that is why they will call it Power of X (10).

We all did notice before both are A-list characters who are missing from any of the previews. This would explain a lot....

Astonishing Member

The Nightcrawler situation is exactly the same one as the Magneto-Polaris one, Nightcrawler and Azazel have exactly the same powers. Unless he got shapeshifting from Mystique, or some kind of demon magic

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Has anyone came up with this idea yet?

Currently Rogue's powers are changing big time in Mr. & Mrs. X. she can absorb powers now without touching people.

What if she somehow infects Gambit with it as well...

Could those two mixed characters then not be Rogue and Gambit who absorbed powers of 10 X-Men (in total) and that is why they will call it Power of X (10)
    Gambit and Rogue are not anywhere seen on teasers or anything HOX POX at all. So I doubt that they will have such important role there or any role at all.