Page 113 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3173
  1. #1681
    Spectacular Member four4elements's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL
    I see the mindless "headless chicken" speculations
    wellllll that puts an end to my theory. I guess the whole team can't wear matching masks to boost morale when Headless Chicken doesnt even have a face...

    Please comment bellow with your latest House of X theories:

  2. #1682
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Jean is Hallum's favorite X-Man. He really likes New X-Men. Season One is about Jean. He even brought back Jean from New X-Men so he could write her, the significance of which is undermined by the brilliant editorial planning that approved and hyped up the return of a character who was gone for years after already approving the return of that character and having that happen like 4 months earlier. Anyway, D Double-H is the best Jean writer in general in recent memory.
    Idon'tbelieveyou.gif

    He said Jean was one his favorites when he was writing the solo, then Jean and Emma, after that it is Namor and Emma. He was doing PR because he was writing the teen solo.

    It's a good thing that editorial undermined it, because he wrote adult jean like crap. At the end nothing was lost, Bunn and Bendis wrote the superior Teen Jean.; Emma to help adult Jean undo one of her own screwups is laughable

    You don't even like Jean character, it is like me saying Bunn wrote the best Emma on x-men blue or the IvX is the best of the character

  3. #1683
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Idon'tbelieveyou.gif

    He said Jean was one his favorites when he was writing the solo, then Jean and Emma, after that it is Namor and Emma. He was doing PR because he was writing the teen solo.

    It's a good thing that editorial undermined it, because he wrote adult jean like crap. At the end nothing was lost, Bunn and Bendis wrote the superior Teen Jean.; Emma to help adult Jean undo one of her own screwups is laughable

    You don't even like Jean character, it is like me saying Bunn wrote the best Emma on x-men blue or the IvX is the best of the character
    Again, I really believe that if the writer doesn't exactly worship Jean and write Scott and Emma as monsters that cannot be redeemed, they have no talent in your eyes. That's an absolutely ludicrous standard to hold.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  4. #1684
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,055

    Default

    Im with Spirit. Hopeless wrote a horrible Jean Grey. His teen Jean was obnoxious and more like Hope-lite and his adult version was wildly out of character. Other than that, he's not that good of a writer. The solo sucked until the end and his All New X-men was such a downgrade from Bendis with very little redeeming value

  5. #1685
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    I liked season one, it was a nice read and i enjoyed his Jean there.
    Ranking of favorite characters
    Phoenix/Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm

    These characters are not real and nobody loves each other for real. They will dump and love people even if it makes no sense just to for the sake of it.
    My ships: Jean/Scott, Wanda/Vision, Scott/Logan, Rogue/Gambit, Storm/Black Panther.

  6. #1686
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im with Spirit. Hopeless wrote a horrible Jean Grey. His teen Jean was obnoxious and more like Hope-lite and his adult version was wildly out of character. Other than that, he's not that good of a writer. The solo sucked until the end and his All New X-men was such a downgrade from Bendis with very little redeeming value
    I liked his spider-woman, but Dennis is mostly just a okay writer. I defended his teen jean, but she was the worst one and I regret defending it.
    You don't see many Jean fans raving the solo, it is mostly Emma fans because now they are "best friends"

  7. #1687
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Jean is Hallum's favorite X-Man. He really likes New X-Men. Season One is about Jean. He even brought back Jean from New X-Men so he could write her, the significance of which is undermined by the brilliant editorial planning that approved and hyped up the return of a character who was gone for years after already approving the return of that character and having that happen like 4 months earlier. Anyway, D Double-H is the best Jean writer in general in recent memory.
    Hopeless book was too good for this world. X-Office had to burn it to ashes and ressurect it with some dumb feelgood comic that went nowhere.

  8. #1688
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Again, I really believe that if the writer doesn't exactly worship Jean and write Scott and Emma as monsters that cannot be redeemed, they have no talent in your eyes. That's an absolutely ludicrous standard to hold.
    There is a big difference between worshipping a character and making her OOC/incompetent so you can elevate your favorite. It was what Hopeless did

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Hopeless book was too good for this world. X-Office had to burn it to ashes and ressurect it with some dumb feelgood comic that went nowhere.
    LOL this is really funny

    so this add to my theory that people only like Jean when dhe soesn't have the upper hand

  9. #1689
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Hopeless book was too good for this world.
    all Hopeless books are bad

  10. #1690
    Incredible Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    wellllll that puts an end to my theory. I guess the whole team can't wear matching masks to boost morale when Headless Chicken doesnt even have a face...

    Please comment bellow with your latest House of X theories:
    I guarantee you someone's already got the right theory, but Hickman's just trying to brush it off with his playful tweets
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  11. #1691
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I liked his spider-woman, but Dennis is mostly just a okay writer. I defended his teen jean, but she was the worst one and I regret defending it.
    You don't see many Jean fans raving the solo, it is mostly Emma fans because now they are "best friends"
    Literally no Emma fans have ever said that ever.

    I love how you think Jean and Emma interacting like actual functioning adults, and not Jean just psi-blasting Emma into a million pieces is them being "best friends".

    I also don't get how Jean was OOC here. Perhaps a little on edge, but no one is more aware of what happens when someone is grossly unprepared to host the Phoenix, and Jeen was spending the whole solo running away from dealing with it. More importantly, whenever things do go badly with the Phoenix, the one person who can do something about it conclusively is Jean, and this was a case where she would be unable to really help if Jeen went dark.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  12. #1692
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6,025

    Default

    dennis is hot no bully
    Omega Level Rodent Fighter

  13. #1693
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,106

    Default

    I don't doubt that Hopeless likes Jean. But I still mostly dislike his version of her. It happens sometimes. Guggs worshipped Kitty and he ended up writing the most obnoxious version of her. Sometimes being a fan is not enough.

  14. #1694
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't doubt that Hopeless likes Jean. But I still mostly dislike his version of her. It happens sometimes. Guggs worshipped Kitty and he ended up writing the most obnoxious version of her. Sometimes being a fan is not enough.
    Sometimes being a fan is bad, because the writer can't be objective.

  15. #1695
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Sometimes being a fan is bad, because the writer can't be objective.
    Yeah, though I'm not sure this is what happened with Hopeless... It felt like he just had this vision of Jeen being a super bratty teenager and adult Jean being a total bitch because... reasons. The difference from how Jean was acting in her solo vs Blue was crazy. He just likes writing those kinds of bickering I guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •