Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default House of X / Powers of X reveal

Let the speculation begin!

BANNED

Here we go again another Mutant related House world...Lets hope this time it makes me wonder what would happen if the entire X-men line up takes place on THEIR OWN EARTH and separate from the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Here we go again another Mutant related House world...Lets hope this time it makes me wonder what would happen if the entire X-men line up takes place on THEIR OWN EARTH and separate from the rest of the Marvel Universe.
    That’s how I always see them honestly. I struggle to see how someone can hate mutants but not the other powered characters in the marvel universe makes it difficult to believe

So the characters at the far left and far right, are they "evolved" versions of Nightcrawler and Magik?

And is this promo art the major cast? If so, my excitement level is ... meh.

No - the one on the right appears to be Dani Moonstar. Hairstyle matches. Quite why she has the Rasputin siblings' powers is a mystery!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No - the one on the right appears to be Dani Moonstar. Hairstyle matches. Quite why she has the Rasputin siblings' powers is a mystery!
    Dani Peter kid and Nightcrawler kid?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So the characters at the far left and far right, are they "evolved" versions of Nightcrawler and Magik?

They look like merged characters. Gambit’s eyes, skin and hair, Nightcrawler’s hands. Maybe Northstar’s ears? Magik, Colossus, Dani with the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They look like merged characters. Gambit’s eyes, skin and hair, Nightcrawler’s hands. Maybe Northstar’s ears? Magik, Colossus, Dani with the other one.
    Yeah, the closer I look the more I agree with you. Maybe Namor's ears? Huh ... ok, well that's ... something ...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    that nightcrawler seems to me merged with Exodus, and I think he also has the magic bag of Shaman from Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Probably future kids.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That’s how I always see them honestly. I struggle to see how someone can hate mutants but not the other powered characters in the marvel universe makes it difficult to believe
    A lot of people say this, but I always find this a funny perspective given prevalent this very thing is in the real world. Hate isn’t rational anywhere.

I am curious where this goes. Yay for Emma being grouped with Scott and Jean as though she is with them. Rachel appears to be back as Phoenix and it seems to be her late Excalibur Phoenix costume, the more formal Phoenix costume. Firestar is present, that's actually a nice change to see her emphasized as part of this. I guess I am sort of ok with Jean being back in her Marvel Girl costume, but that isn't really one of my favourite looks for her. No Kitty Pryde, that is also kind of interesting, wonder where Kitty ends up in all of this. Dazzler is there, but Psylock and Lorna are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am curious where this goes. Yay for Emma being grouped with Scott and Jean as though she is with them. Rachel appears to be back as Phoenix and it seems to be her late Excalibur Phoenix costume, the more formal Phoenix costume. Firestar is present, that's actually a nice change to see her emphasized as part of this. I guess I am sort of ok with Jean being back in her Marvel Girl costume, but that isn't really one of my favourite looks for her. No Kitty Pryde, that is also kind of interesting, wonder where Kitty ends up in all of this. Dazzler is there, but Psylock and Lorna are missing.
    I'm pumped for Rachel in her rightful place as Phoenix, and Emma not being stupid evil. Then again, actual evil characters are on page (Apocalypse)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't think the cover is spoiling the line ups. Only that they will have roles to play

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Well, racism and prejudice never make rational sense but yet they never seem to go away. But in the case of attitudes towards mutants within the MU it's pretty easy to understand, actually. Unlike, say, Spider-Man or Thor or Daredevil, mutants are a race whose existence represents a direct threat to the future of human evolution. Mutants literally call themselves Homo-Superior. That's the kind of thing that makes some people uneasy.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 03-23-2019 at 03:16 PM.