Page 70 of 212 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3173
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike627 View Post
    Didn't Marvel try that and it's one of the things that led to the line's current problems?
    The difference now is that Hickman actually has a vision for the X-men, rather than just a series of books with no plan whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by mike627 View Post
    This is gonna be interesting.The extra material is certainly adding value.
    I agree. I looked up his Black Monday Murders book and I was impressed with the "data pages" or however he described it. It looked very interesting so I'm intrigued to see what he does in X-Men. I am glad the X-Men has a big name and very talented writer taking over the line. I am very excited for this new direction. I can't wait for us to see more.

I like his interviews and I respect his decision not to give any spoilers (and he barely teases anything as to not to give anything away). Though I would like to have more to chew on (I mean fan speculation is what makes x-forums so fun!).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree. I looked up his Black Monday Murders book and I was impressed with the "data pages" or however he described it. It looked very interesting so I'm intrigued to see what he does in X-Men. I am glad the X-Men has a big name and very talented writer taking over the line. I am very excited for this new direction. I can't wait for us to see more.

I like his interviews and I respect his decision not to give any spoilers (and he barely teases anything as to not to give anything away). Though I would like to have more to chew on (I mean fan speculation is what makes x-forums so fun!).
    Those should be fun we got Hank and the rest of the X-Club to explain things so,it will be a hoot!
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

I have been thinking about this Hickman created Manifold and used him in Shield and Avengers. I wonder if he is going to use him in the X-men now that he is in charge. The X-men has two popular teleporters in Magik and Nightcrawler which create a redundancy( Blink and Pixie also exist) so on that level he might not be used. But Manifold is a mutant has ties to Gateway and bring a unique minority and nationality to the table also he worked Sunspot and Cannonball who are Hickman favorites

I honestly have no idea where Hickman is going to go with our beloved mutants, and I’m okay with that. It definitely feels like something epic on the horizon. Like Morrison’s New X-men run, which brought me back to comics after dropping them in the late 90s. So I’m very excited and optimistic about this. Can’t wait for July.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have been thinking about this Hickman created Manifold and used him in Shield and Avengers. I wonder if he is going to use him in the X-men now that he is in charge. The X-men has two popular teleporters in Magik and Nightcrawler which create a redundancy( Blink and Pixie also exist) so on that level he might not be used. But Manifold is a mutant has ties to Gateway and bring a unique minority and nationality to the table also he worked Sunspot and Cannonball who are Hickman favorites
    I fully expect that Manifold, Sunspot and Cannonball will arrive as cavalry at some point in an unexpected way.

He said that Cannonball and Sunspot would not be in this in the CBR interview. Specifically he was asked if he would be “bringing them home” to the X-men since they featured prominently in his Avengers run. He said that he would not be doing so. But Manifold is still a possibility I suppose.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He didn't say he wouldn't be using them, just that he wouldn't be bringing them home.

That’s fair. Seems to indicate they won’t appear, though. We’ll see I guess. Hope springs eternal for those who want to see them back with their fellow mutants. Sam already is back in X-Force. Not sure whether that will last when it ends, however.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Manifold is more powerful a teleporter than all of them except, MAYBE, Magik and would be more useful if the X-Men are going on space endeavors. He can port through huuuuge distances and always lands safely, since that's part of his powerset. I'd like to see him on the X-Men finally.

Yeah, that response was pretty vague. I'm sure he'll use them at some point, but he won't bring them "home" because he probably has plans to move the entire team somewhere else.
    I doubt they'll be in Central Park for long and Hickman doesn't seem the type to just bring everyone back to Westchester.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The last question from that interview hurt my heart but it's still Hickman so I'm sure it will be amazing regardless of Sam & Bobby being around or not.
    He's a clever man, that Hickman. He chooses his words carefully.

He said "I won't be bringing them home".

Clever.
    SAM is already "home" and has been since Extermination(?)
    And my sweet baby Berto is "home" as of 2(?) issues ago, in the pages of UXM War of Realms.

Now, I know that many of us are still anxiously awaiting whether sweet baby Berto will be yet another unfortunate and unnecessary loss in the UXM book(s) buuuuuuuuuuut.... Hickman is technically correct in his answer: "I won't be bringing them home"

They already are.

It's good Hickman isn't telling anything about the story and the covers being very vague about what's gonna happen.

The complete opposite of Disassembled, where we knew everything because of solicits and interviews.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Manifold is more powerful a teleporter than all of them except, MAYBE, Magik and would be more useful if the X-Men are going on space endeavors. He can port through huuuuge distances and always lands safely, since that's part of his powerset. I'd like to see him on the X-Men finally.
    That would come in handy when Vulcan comes back, send a team to where he is, try to at least knock him down, and leave

So Manifold is like Lila Cheney?

Comic Geek in General

I wonder what the Main Team would look like, HOX #3 uses a mix of Original Five (Cyclops, Jean, Archangel), Second Class (Wolverine, Nightcrawler) Generation X (M, Husk), while preview art shows Storm, Colossus, Armor, so maybe much like Avengers, the Flagship Title (Uncanny) will be a large, Semi Rotating Team......