Page 118 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It's either that or the Shia Labeouf "Do IT!" stance. Pick your poison.
    "DO IT! Just DO IT! Make Xavier's dream come true!"
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I actually really liked how the O5 forgave Emma for what happened in New Tian. I can't remember did this scene occur after the Jean Grey mini? It would make sense that Jeen would be somewhat more ok with Emma after the mini since Emma did try pretty hard to help Jeen. On the other hand Emma did give Jeen a lot of training prior to IvX so it could still just be friendship.
    There was no scene and it wasnt brought up in the solo (which didnt tie into Blue at all). Their interaction was a big WTF bc Bunn did a 180 with Emma and didnt address it

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Isn't anybody else worried about Storm?
    I mentioned this before but i fear she will be limited to wallpaper. I like Jean, Cyclops, Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine but Storm is up there with them for me.
    I'm definitely worried about her. We've seen her own a few covers but we've heard absolutely nothing, and there is no reason to continue to have Storm be wallpaper (it's gone on for too long). She's an A-List X-character in desperate need of revitalization. I'd like to see her get fed up with all that's happened and start making pivotal/impactful decisions. Or....If they are going in a direction where they want to transition Storm into another MU role (like what could be triggered by The Fearless if it does well) then I'd rather they be upfront by it so we can level set on what we should expect for X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I'm definitely worried about her. We've seen her own a few covers but we've heard absolutely nothing, and there is no reason to continue to have Storm be wallpaper (it's gone on for too long). She's an A-List X-character in desperate need of revitalization. I'd like to see her get fed up with all that's happened and start making pivotal/impactful decisions. Or....If they are going in a direction where they want to transition Storm into another MU role (like what could be triggered by The Fearless if it does well) then I'd rather they be upfront by it so we can level set on what we should expect for X-Men.
    Though it was said in jest, it may be true. No more than 1 WOC at a time. So Storm stays in the back and Monet will be the token female of color. lol

Honestly, if they got no plans, may just have to let Coates keep her.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Though it was said in jest, it may be true. No more than 1 WOC at a time. So Storm stays in the back and Monet will be the token female of color. lol

Honestly, if they got no plans, may just have to let Coates keep her.
    I'd rather that be the case with Coates or Okorafor. I'd rather they let Storm go do her own thing vs being background fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There was no scene and it wasnt brought up in the solo (which didnt tie into Blue at all). Their interaction was a big WTF bc Bunn did a 180 with Emma and didnt address it
    The 180 was because of the massive backlash from IvX, with Emma fans being the most upset with her portrayal. After the social media backlash, Bunn reversed course and had Havoc be stupidly evil instead (so he could blame it on AXIS, which also makes zero sense).

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I actually really liked how the O5 forgave Emma for what happened in New Tian. I can't remember did this scene occur after the Jean Grey mini? It would make sense that Jeen would be somewhat more ok with Emma after the mini since Emma did try pretty hard to help Jeen. On the other hand Emma did give Jeen a lot of training prior to IvX so it could still just be friendship.
    Publishing-wise, I think so. Actually, it’s so close to the end of Blue that I’m sure it’s chronologically after Psych Wars, too. Which is cool, because it does sort of tie together even without an explicit explanation. Emma’s generally been protective of Jeen, so it’s probably a combo of their ANXM—>pre-DoX friendship/mentorship and Psych Wars. Even Tyke kind of got over Emma trying to rip apart his mind to replace him with adult Cyclops and honestly, I’m glad.

It would suck if all that time together meant nothing for their relationship.

I think RachelGrey was asking if the scene in Blue where they were protecting Emma chronologically follows the events of her solo. Because even if it wasn’t directly addressed, that history still happened and could reasonably be contributed to their attitudes. Emma’s characterization did do a 180, but the O5 are still being written like: “Emma....we love you and everything but wtf are you doing?” Even Jeen in this scene is stopping Emma, but trying to console her to shape up, probably because she knew she was just doing this out of misdirected, OOC grief.

The scene in Blue with Mags takes place after the Jeen Solo. Emma had recently went to Paris from London, which is where the X-Men talked to her about where to find Jean in Resurrection.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The 180 was because of the massive backlash from IvX, with Emma fans being the most upset with her portrayal. After the social media backlash, Bunn reversed course and had Havoc be stupidly evil instead (so he could blame it on AXIS, which also makes zero sense).
    Yeah, it's impossible to read the two depictions and not come to the conclusion that it was backlash. Considering the direction the whole line was taking at the time, with Gold being the flagship, Emma going back to be an evil villain was clearly where they wanted to go.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I love Jean and my dislike for Emma has disminished a lot (in fact i appreciate somethings about her) but i don't think they should be friends. Not everybody needs to be friends. In real life there always are people with who you don't get along.
    and for as much as any writer tries to avoid drama at the end of the day is what their interactions will be about.
    I wouldn't mind them squashing their beef and becoming friends. A friendly rivalry would be the perfect type for them no ones asking them to be BFF's their core personalities clash to much for them to ever be that close.

She wasnt possessed but it weakened her telepathically to the point that her fears were played into. She got a vision telling her that Hope was Jean reincarnated, so she tried to kill her bc she viewed her as a threat. I dont think she's at fault bc she was tainted by its not like there was a being controlling her. The event just made her more susceptible to give into her fears
    The whole Messiah Trilogy makes so much more sense if you think of Hope as a reincarnated Jean instead of...whatever the hell Marvel decided to turn her into.

And it would have been a helluva better "Resurrection" story than PR was...ugh.
    Last edited by loke13; 06-19-2019 at 06:52 AM.

I agree, she needs to be revitalized and be a more significant and compelling character but I think she’ll suffer more being used (once again) out of compulsion rather than a writer having a clear vision for her character.

Mediocrity is a bigger killer than absence IMO.

I believe there should be an open casting for a Storm solo that should only be green lit when there is an epic pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I wouldn't mind them squashing their beef and becoming friends. A friendly rivalry would be the perfect type for them no ones asking them to be BFF's their core personalities clash to much for them to ever be that close.
    Oh geezus, nobody here would be friends with the woman that ended your marriage. So stop trying to make them friends, that is completely unrrealistic

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Oh geezus, nobody here would be friends with the woman that ended your marriage. So stop trying to make them friends, that is completely unrrealistic
    ?

So we're just going to ignore the fact that Jean doesn't blame Emma for why their marriage failed?

And on top of that she literally pushed them together after her death.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I'd rather that be the case with Coates or Okorafor. I'd rather they let Storm go do her own thing vs being background fodder.
    Yeah. A classic case of not playing with a toy, may not even like it anymore, but you'd rather it sit somewhere unused or bumped around than let someone take it who'd love to have it.

There's a good few characters the X-Office has done nothing good with for a while. And we've seen a few good examples of said characters being done more justice in outside books, but they're stuck in X-verse to be fodder, background or otherwise.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is such a sad true but some characters shine more outside of the X-men like Rogue, Cyclops, Beast or Storm herself.