Page 133 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3173
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I was actually joking. I made the same basic joke of this mystery woman being Lorna once before, but I felt it was worth another go given the sheer awfulness we'd be seeing if this really was Lorna making out with Apocalypse.

Although he restored her powers, something she probably would've suffered through anything to get back, it remains that he did basically torture her, he did it without her consent, and the end result turned her into a mind-controlled potential mass murderer who "had" (because Marvel wanted to force Havok on her again back then) to exile herself from Earth for a while afterward. None of those things really spark "Hey, I wanna make out with that guy." I almost said that maybe it would work if Marvel spent a LOT of time developing Lorna from where she is to that point, but I honestly don't think even that is possible. Marvel would be de facto writing a scenario where a woman who's been abused falls in love with her abuser. Not a good idea.

Though thinking about it, this is Marvel. So I should probably be mentally prepared for the chance they might pull something like that.
    Poor Lorna, and then they will tell us she's crazy again! I've always said all the X-Men need is a good at-home therapist!
    For me, the woman is not Moïra, it doesn't fit her hair, she had a very recognisable hairstyle. For me it's Magda.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Except Hickman is the one is who is actually writing this book, not "Marvel" so therefore shouldn't any issues you have with the writing in this book be directed at, the you know, writer of said book?

I remember when Morrison started writing the books, so many people whining "This isn't my X-Men!!!!". Looks like Hickman is gonna trigger the same crowd.
    I'm not a fan of Morrison's work on the X-Men: some stuffs are fine and other are completely what the ****. What I saw with the last cover is more isolationism for the X-Men/no interaction with the rest of the world(humans and superheroes teams). It's completely stupid because there are mutants on Earth who will be born in the next future. Who will protect them? Help them to make peace with humans? It's an egoistic and non productive decision that the X-Men took in these books! That's why I say it's not what the X-Men would normally do!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Xavier and his dream has always been a crock of sh-t. Its about time they evolve and try something new. Unfortunately Xavier is involved but perhaps he has seen the error in his past ways
    Xavier's dream is bullshit since when? It's not because the character is destroyed by writers these last 20 years that his vision is not valid! If I understood right, Magneto and Apocalyse have better visions than him??? If this is the case: kill all humankind and basta! No more human yeah!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    WTF IS THAT!!! TOTAL BULLSHIT DRAMA FOR THE FUTURE! Everyone, more I see covers from this event more I'm angry, sad and disappointed by what it's going to happen! This is a new era of terrible retcons for the franchise!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Poor Lorna, and then they will tell us she's crazy again! I've always said all the X-Men need is a good at-home therapist!
    I agree for the good at-home therapist… They all need him/her… PTSD, losses, being hated/hunted and the first trauma: discovering your powers… and being apart from humanity.
    They look rather stable despite all their problems…

Lorna is rather unstable but I remember her being a good girl at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What do you mean by core X-men?
    o5, Storm, wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, jubilee, Bishop, Emma Frost.
    Plus the b list is alive too: Havok, Polaris, Rachel, forge, Banshee

Will we finally find out if `Poccy has anything under that wrestler's "A"-belt/cummerbund?

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    o5, Storm, wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, jubilee, Bishop, Emma Frost.
    Plus the b list is alive too: Havok, Polaris, Rachel, forge, Banshee
    I'd say Jubilee and Bishop are B-list.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Will we finally find out if `Poccy has anything under that wrestler's "A"-belt/cummerbund?
    I mean, considering his powers...

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I know, that's a lack of imagination from the writers. Imagine what they could do together! Sean could make allison reach her full potential.
    Their feat recently in Astonishing was amazing. He screamed right into her face and she almost became a light being and was able to turn the light into shrapnel to destroy some sentinels. It was pretty awesome and long overdue.

On the cover where there were several Moiras there was one that was like Apocalypse. It must be because of that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'd say Jubilee and Bishop are B-list.
    I'm pretty sure JaffyJayne meant to write Dazzler, not Jubilee.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    Xavier's dream is bullshit since when? It's not because the character is destroyed by writers these last 20 years that his vision is not valid! If I understood right, Magneto and Apocalyse have better visions than him??? If this is the case: kill all humankind and basta! No more human yeah!!!
    Since anytime you look at it with a modicum of sense? Xavier's "dream" has always been optimistic and idealistic drivel it's something more pragmatic characters love to point out anytime he brings it up because it's literally devoid of reality humans are bigoted trash even towards their own species and that's not even getting into the fact that some mutants are born inherently weapons of mass destruction with makes the humans fear of them all the more justified.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    There's so many terrible jokes/puns I want to make because of this image. I only hope I have the self-control to prevent it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, they could have taken the sex cult thing to its logical extreme and maybe we would have listened.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Since anytime you look at it with a modicum of sense? Xavier's "dream" has always been optimistic and idealistic drivel it's something more pragmatic characters love to point out anytime he brings it up because it's literally devoid of reality humans are bigoted trash even towards their own species and that's not even getting into the fact that some mutants are born inherently weapons of mass destruction with makes the humans fear of them all the more justified.
    Being idealistic is not a flaw… as long as you realise you cannot apply a vision to reality without thinking about the ways to make it work, to adapt your vision…
    As an goal, a hope, it is not that bad.
    A lot of changes have been made throughout history because people believed in something that never has existed before.
    Xavier is an idealist not a politician. He doesn't need to be one. Others can implement his dream and be more pragmatic about it.