Page 140 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3173
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You do know that in the real world slaves escaped southern states where slavery was still all the rage and relocated to northern states where slavery was abolished. Were they cowards for escaping from the south to the north, despite the fact that many ended up joining the army to fight against the confederacy? Now if this is just mutants deciding lets relocate and never deal with humanity or return to earth again that is a different story but if they are escaping so they can come back and change the world that's a big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Do you mean the same immigrant people who often are because they have had to flee their country? The LGTBI people who have to leave towns and countries and meet in safe spaces for them?

Anyone who has experienced discrimination in their life can tell you that they learn to choose when it is wise to fight and when it is wise to be safe. There are thousands of people who are refugees due to their sexual condition. Are those people coward for not having fought in their countries?

Xavier's dream is a dream born of the ideas of the 60s of how to deal with the problems of minorities, in the 21st century it is clumsy and condescending with the reality we live.
    Agree with this 100%!!

I'm really curious to see what Xavier's new "dream" is because in the past he opted a more "embrace your enemy with open arms" approach and more often then not it resulted in them getting stabbed in the stomach. Xavier at the end of the day is an idealist and I don't think he's given up the dream of co existence but maybe the method to reach that dream has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Hold your horsesn I was never said they would be alive or live.
    Hickman isn't crazy to kill two minority characters

What does alive or live mean?

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    What does alive or live mean?
    alive is present (current) tense. as in "i am alive and breathing" whereas live is future tense as in " I will live to see 40 or i will not live to see tomorrow."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Maybe it’s my English but this is not making any sense to me. How can he be in the new wave of books if he isn’t alive or live?

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    Maybe it’s my English but this is not making any sense to me. How can he be in the new wave of books if he isn’t alive or live?
    There could be a flashback of him being killed in the book. Meaning he was alive in the pages leading up to his death. Or he could live for an issue or two and then get killed meaning he lived for one or two issues.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Of course not. They are not wrong, they are not cowards. That's not at all what I said. But in the US, who are supposed to be a democratic country, having mutants being forced to flee is a terrifying message. It looks like you've lost! As a gay european, I find it quite disturbing.
    As I mentioned in a nice conversation a few weeks back on here, I left home at 18 because my parents and I were at war. I had to regroup, find myself, figure out my "gayness" and come back. My parents were at my wedding when I married my husband. I don't know what would have happened if I stayed in that house at the time.

The mutants are being murdered, again. Time for a time out to avoid all out war.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    As I mentioned in a nice conversation a few weeks back on here, I left home at 18 because my parents and I were at war. I had to regroup, find myself, figure out my "gayness" and come back. My parents were at my wedding when I married my husband. I don't know what would have happened if I stayed in that house at the time.

The mutants are being murdered, again. Time for a time out to avoid all out war.
    Maybe. But it's for me a depressing view of the US, where a community has to exile just to be able to survive. It seems the war is lost already. I understand and empathise with your view, I'm just sad that given the political atmosphere in the US the message it conveys is one of isolation.
    And it's just makes the whole superheroes community complicit in this.
    I wanted Marvel to give us a little hope for the future, because we badly need this. If comic books don't give us a little hope, who will?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Good news. I 'm liking this Bishop renaiscense
    Totally undeserved thou

Dead would be the prefered option

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman isn't crazy to kill two minority characters
    the X-men really need more black and asian charaters, can't be stuck with these. X-fans deserve better.

Hickman just tweeted this and deleted it less than 2 minutes later, didn’t even have time to reply before he deleted it.

We knew they were terraforming, but here’s more evidence I guess!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-23-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Hickman just tweeted this and deleted it less than 2 minutes later, didn’t even have time to reply before he deleted it.

I don't see what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I don't see what you posted.
    Sorry, on mobile. I reposted the image link.

It would be absolutely hilarious if the mutants terra-formed mars and teleported all the humans there to start over while they remained on earth. Hickman would truly be a modern genuis if this happened. I don't think anyone would expect that. To make mars inhabitable and then transport the humans there to start over. oh that would be beyond meta.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I await the inevitable Secret Wars-esq story where Mars and Earth crash into each other, forcing mutants back to Earth after it’s recreated again
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-23-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Incredible Member

We knew they were terraforming, but here’s more evidence I guess!
    Okay, let's admit for one second the mutants leave Earth for Mars.
    I hope it will force the superheroe community to look at themselves in the mirror, because if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem, and their inaction in the different tragedies mutants faced is at least indifference and probably hypocrisy.
    So much for the "good guys"!