Page 27 of 212 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I don't know about that. Hickman said everyone shown was there for a reason. He is very particular about what he does
    I think House of X and Powers of X is laying the foundation for the next year or two of X-books. It may even be flashes of what's going to happen over the next year or two of stories. So the people in the portrait may simply be the characters who are going to have significant impact to what has been, what is, and what will be. Two 6 issue miniseries over 6 weeks seems like a lot, but there are a lot of characters to cover, and I think they are going to cover time periods from X-Men history, so I think the story is going to be spread out over years. I'll give a simple example, Firestar is one of the characters and she hasn't gotten a lot of emphasis in the X-comics prior to this, but Absolute Carnage is coming up right after HoX and PoX, and Firestar was a big part of Maximum Carnage, so I think if HoX/PoX is a layout of the history of the x-franchise and hints about the future, they may be hinting at Firestar's upcoming appearance in Absolute Carnage. They may lay hints down about the future and past of a lot of the characters in the picture to give a hint of where things are going to go with the relaunch in September.

I like Silva, but I’m surprised he was handpicked for this. Stil waiting on my Dauterman!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I like Silva, but I’m surprised he was handpicked for this. Stil waiting on my Dauterman!
    he's becoming the new IT guy and keeps getting more and more high profile books. Im not quite sure how. He's not top tier and his art is just serviceable for me.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    he's becoming the new IT guy and keeps getting more and more high profile books. Im not quite sure how. He's not top tier and his art is just serviceable for me.
    I think the reason he keeps getting picked for stuff like this is because his art is good if not top tier and he's reliable. Now, Pepe Larraz, though...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Two 6 issue miniseries over 6 weeks seems like a lot
    It'll take 12 weeks for all the issues to come out (they're alternating between both series from week to week).

More conversion of alternative realities and characters from other realities. And just after Age of X-man .

At least the art is beautiful but I would kill for something creative from time to time.

Silva may not be able to get emotion and warmth across as effectively as Larraz, but on a technical level he's exceptional and with Gracia is a good pick for your fancy schmancy prestige series or whatever.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Me when I go out for McDonald's and someone cuts me in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    To everyone worried about their favorite characters not showing up in the promotional image...relax
    Would be easy to do if Marvel didn't have several decades of treating Lorna poorly, as well as the past few years of limbo, used as a prop to promote Havok at her expense, and idea lifted from her to make another character (another man) the lead in Age of X-Man.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Wondering what the heck these tears have anything to do with the 2 species teaser. This seems to be only mutant related....!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wondering what the heck these tears have anything to do with the 2 species teaser. This seems to be only mutant related....!
    Mutants vs Humans? Same as always.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Silva may not be able to get emotion and warmth across as effectively as Larraz, but on a technical level he's exceptional and with Gracia is a good pick for your fancy schmancy prestige series or whatever.
    Immonen was on beast mode during Slott's Spider, but Gracia's colors really complemented it in the best way possible. I'm sure he can bring out the best with Silva's art.

Stopped reading Marvel Comics due to a lot of incompetent moves, IMO.

Jonathan Hickman on the X-Men has me excited to come back.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Who’s that chick next to Professor X?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    R.B. Silva is definitely one of the aces the X-office has at the moment. Another one is Jorge Molina, who I hope will stick around. I think Tom Breevort's office still has the edge in terms of artists who are good and higher-profile (McGuinness, Marques, Pichelli), but White has a lot of solid mid-rangers (Perez, Cinar) who given time can turn into superstars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Who’s that chick next to Professor X?
    We don't know yet, but most people have said it's Moira Mactaggart.