Page 69 of 212 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    hickman tuck me into bed and read me the story of what bendis' full x-plans were
    Now we know all the blame in't on bendis

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Yeah cause from the looks of it, it’s very plausible that the X-men are going into space anyways. So their wouldn’t be a need to bring cannonball and sunspot “home”
    Uggh, please no X-men in space.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

You can certainly make the argument that when Bendis was writing the books he was doing interesting stuff and was working with a murderer's row of artist -- I honestly can't remember when the X-line has looked better than that. But I remember the day he quit those books, and why, and it's important to keep in mind that a lot of this job of ours is alchemy, not chemistry.
    I found this bit from Hickman's interview interesting, as it seems to imply there's a specific reason for Bendis leaving the X-books when he did other than he felt he had told the stories he wanted to tell. I wonder if that's when the "Complex" really hit the comics side of things, not so much creatively but more on the financial/budgeting side.

when dc cancels bendis' superman 20 issues early he should capture immonen in a butterfly net and come back to save the O5
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Looks like she also has elf ears. Someone theorized way back when PoX was first announced that maybe they can somehow access up to ten other mutants' powers, hence powers of ten, that's seeming like more of a possibility. Comparatively the other guy is just Kurt, but red.
    That actually kind of makes sense, even if one of the ten powers is just Gambit’s power to rock a manbag.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Looks like she also has elf ears. Someone theorized way back when PoX was first announced that maybe they can somehow access up to ten other mutants' powers, hence powers of ten, that's seeming like more of a possibility. Comparatively the other guy is just Kurt, but red.
    Maybe this is Rogue and Gambit's child then. They are using Magik, Dani, Kitty, Rachel, Piotr based on costuming alone.

I know it's stupid and there's no genetics in between but ... Is not Gambit technically Nightcrawler's brother-in-law?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I know it's stupid and there's no genetics in between but ... Is not Gambit technically Nightcrawler's brother-in-law?
    Yes!That would be correct.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I found this bit from Hickman's interview interesting, as it seems to imply there's a specific reason for Bendis leaving the X-books when he did other than he felt he had told the stories he wanted to tell. I wonder if that's when the "Complex" really hit the comics side of things, not so much creatively but more on the financial/budgeting side.
    My guess is the Inhumans non-sense. The ending of his run, Uncanny specially, always felt like he lost interest in the middle, but maybe he did because he wouldn't be able to see it long-term like he wanted to and had to rush things.

so who are the characters the author Mr. hickman is focusing on? If it's more Scott x Jean x Logan angst with everyone else as C-list supporting cast, forget it, hard pass. Another Phoenix threat? Triple hard pass.
    I want severely neglected characters to get the spotlight for once.
    my priority list: Firestar, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Mirage, Sunspot, Bishop, Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who are the characters the author Mr. hickman is focusing on? If it's more Scott x Jean x Logan angst with everyone else as C-list supporting cast, forget it, hard pass. Another Phoenix threat? Triple hard pass.
    my priority list: Firestar, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Mirage, Sunspot, Bishop, Storm.
    Jean? Logan?
    They aren't his favorite. Expect Magneto, Emma, Scott when he starts his flagship

House of X, powers of X seems to be more about a ensemble cast.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Hickman doesn't seem the type of getting interested in reviving Scott/Jean/Logan triangle. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't feature Scott and Jean as a couple at all. And he's the one writer that can be trusted to get the Phoenix right.

Also, Hickman is not there to give spotlight to any character some fans feel were neglected, but rather to move the franchise a role forward. The neglected part certainly DOESN'T apply in the last few years to Roberto (partially by Hickman himself), Ororo (who's being used in BP and had spotlight with Lemire, it's just too bad that sucked) or Iceman, who even had his own solo. Nightcrawler seems to have a role based on the covers at least. But he already said there will be multiple books after the minis end.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It is worrisome to hear about Sunspot. Hickman says he's not bringing him home, so good Lord he's left all to Rosenberg....uh oh. lol
    Because he's bringing them to spaaaace

This is gonna be interesting.The extra material is certainly adding value.
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hickman doesn't seem the type of getting interested in reviving Scott/Jean/Logan triangle. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't feature Scott and Jean as a couple at all. And he's the one writer that can be trusted to get the Phoenix right.

Also, Hickman is not there to give spotlight to any character some fans feel were neglected, but rather to move the franchise a role forward. The neglected part certainly DOESN'T apply in the last few years to Roberto (partially by Hickman himself), Ororo (who's being used in BP and had spotlight with Lemire, it's just too bad that sucked) or Iceman, who even had his own solo. Nightcrawler seems to have a role based on the covers at least. But he already said there will be multiple books after the minis end.
    Didn't Marvel try that and it's one of the things that led to the line's current problems?
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt