Page 104 of 212 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3173
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    This sounds far more likely than 'X-Men Terraform Mars'.
    The X-men don't need to Terraform Mars: it has been done in the very first issue of Hickman's Avengers run.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The X-men don't need to Terraform Mars: it has been done in the very first issue of Hickman's Avengers run.
    But what would a few hundred mutants do on Mars? Would get old quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    But what would a few hundred mutants do on Mars?
    multiply to a few thousand

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    he dead

it was implied that she either beat him to death since he was paralyzed or he absorbed so much kinetic energy because of his Mothervine mutation that he popped
    He's been presumed dead before. He was supposedly killed by his son Shinobi who took over the HFC with the Upstarts but then Shaw returned to get vengeance on him. I wouldn't count out Sebastian just yet, the man is formidable and smart. He just underestimated Emma to his detriment, hopefully he's learned from this and is recovering somewhere all the while planning his revenge. Shaw is too big and too good a villain to permanently take off the board.

Xavier can't be manipulating all the mutants because Magneto has his helmet.

Unless Magneto is the only one not manipulated and serves as an "emergency system" if he thinks Xavier is taking a wrong path.

It would be pretty godlike if we got out of a story about a telepathic ass controlling all the mutants to enter a story about a telepathic ass controlling all the mutants.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier can't be manipulating all the mutants because Magneto has his helmet.

Unless Magneto is the only one not manipulated and serves as an "emergency system" if he thinks Xavier is taking a wrong path.
    Wasn't X-man able to manipulate Magneto, turn in into one of his Horsemen? If Xavier is powerful enough and I believe this new and improved version is then he may be able to penetrate Magneto's helmet. But ultimately I don't think Xavier is manipulating or controlling anyone. He does seem to have plans and an agenda of some sort and he may well be the antagonist who comes into conflict with the X-men but I don't think he's telepathically influencing anyone. That would make him to much of the villian especially when the likes of Apocalypse and Sinister is involved.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Magneto wasn't wearing the helmet when X-man got to him, one assumes

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    But what would a few hundred mutants do on Mars? Would get old quickly.
    QUICKLY! WE NEED TO GET TO EARTH TO HELP SAVE the... er... nevermind, too far. Do you guys want to play some racquetball again?

All-New Member

I can't emphasize enough that my very good fan theory about the X-Men living on Mars that was based on three pieces of art, two sentences of advertising material, and one pun. The first word of the title of that theory is "Y'all". It was all done for a laugh.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I wouldnt hate if a major part of Xhistory was erased...at this point there's almost as much hurtful history as useful history...who wants to call back to things like ...Wolverine and The X-men? AvX? Rahne's death? Storm's son lol?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    I wouldnt hate if a major part of Xhistory was erased...at this point there's almost as much hurtful history as useful history...who wants to call back to things like ...Wolverine and The X-men? AvX? Rahne's death? Storm's son lol?
    Sadly since it's not a reboot, according to sources, lots of bad history will remain in tact. Unless Hickman can re-retcon without rebooting of course.

Wolverine, Deadpool, and Creed are characters that especially need a history clean-up with all the "memory implants" aka convenient retcons.

It wouldn't be that hard to make mutants immortal beings if Hickman goes the same route as Coates in BP where Gods are perhaps people who start off with power but enough faith from others made them Gods. It could be actually interesting to see the X-men set up an Asgardian like world where they decide to become the Gods of men being that they are their natural evolution. Also X-force#9 though it may have nothing to do with anything kind of reinforced the notion of mutants going beyond humanity with enough faith, i.e. Askani.

It also comes with it's own innate limiter too in a way. You can see mutants like Magento and Xavier having enough faith in them to transcend but i just can't see it with an anole.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I don't think the faith thing fits with the narrative. At least faith has been established in Black Panther historically and fundamentally so it works there.. ..

Unlocking something in the mutant genes would be easier for the reader to swallow and would fit in more with the X-men . Considering Sinister and Apocalypse I think it's actually likely.

We know that some of the original mutants are immortal like Selene, Apocalypse, Mystique, Wolverine is as well, Sinister figured it out, is Exodus? Clearly something in the X-gene can make someone live forever...

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    I don't think the faith thing fits with the narrative. At least faith has been established in Black Panther historically and fundamentally so it works there.. ..

Unlocking something in the mutant genes would be easier for the reader to swallow and would fit in more with the X-men . Considering Sinister and Apocalypse I think it's actually likely.

We know that some of the original mutants are immortal like Selene, Apocalypse, Mystique, Wolverine is as well, Sinister figured it out, is Exodus? Clearly something in the X-gene can make someone live forever...
    That definitely makes sense as well. In many alternate timelines we saw mutants who were still young far into the future. Storm had her elemental form. Rogue looked exactly the same but Gambit was old. And as you have said Selene and Apocolaypse who can keep reincarnating or being reborn and then you have Mystique and Wolverine who have inherent super long life spans. So maybe different types of immortality. Mutants that can be reborn due to their x-gene and those who just live a really really long time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/